Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2013, 21:00   #121

Re: Nissan Terrano Unveiled : To be launched in early October

The other dimension that may help terrano is the long waiting period on ecosport. What do you guys feel
Old 28th August 2013, 00:23   #122
BHPian

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/08/n...variants-93319

according to indianautosblog and oncars..terrano will not come with multimedia infotainment system and steering mounted audio and bluetooth controls

if they planning to bring similar variants as that of duster whats the point in scaling up the price?

i guess they might price slightly lesser than that of the duster.ecosport effect or declining sales of duster
nskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 09:36   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
So the XUV5OO issues aren't completely addressed (yet)? I have a colleague in my office who bought a top end XUV5OO 3 months prior and he's been claiming that he's not faced any issues. Whereas another friend's BIL got one which has multiple issues (in hyderabad).
From the online pictures, it looks like the exteriors of the Terrano may impress you. But sadly the interiors are still the same as Duster (except for some air vent change, head unit, etc.) and that's a sore point (for me).
Same with one of my colleagues, he has a W6 and for him there have been no issues however one of my neighbours W8 is almost on a monthly trip to the A.S.S.

And after driving the hulk like a Scorpio for 5 years, I am reluctant to go for a sedan, so the wait continues. XUV for the time being is on hold Yet Again as I no longer have the patience to relive the nightmares of the initial first year of Scorpio.

But I have a healthy respect for the Nissan brand, and would like to see what is being offered finally as Terrano.

Last edited by m_upreti : 28th August 2013 at 09:38.
Old 28th August 2013, 10:47   #124
BHPian

Definitely media drive has taken place.check out the new image

just waiting for the official review from team bhp.

two different textures on the dashboard ..looks premium
mid spec variant according to autocarindia

wheel covers,fog lamps,silver color door handles,fabric seats

no variant badging at the back XE,XL,XV
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano Unveiled : To be launched in early October-terrano-media.jpg  

Nissan Terrano Unveiled : To be launched in early October-terrano-interior.jpg  

Nissan Terrano Unveiled : To be launched in early October-interior-terrano-01.jpg  

Nissan Terrano Unveiled : To be launched in early October-terrano-back.jpg  

Last edited by Vid6639 : 28th August 2013 at 11:19. Reason: merging posts. Please use the edit option if posting within 30mins in the same thread. Thanks.
Old 28th August 2013, 11:02   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
Same with one of my colleagues, he has a W6 and for him there have been no issues however one of my neighbours W8 is almost on a monthly trip to the A.S.S.

And after driving the hulk like a Scorpio for 5 years, I am reluctant to go for a sedan, so the wait continues. XUV for the time being is on hold Yet Again as I no longer have the patience to relive the nightmares of the initial first year of Scorpio.

But I have a healthy respect for the Nissan brand, and would like to see what is being offered finally as Terrano.
If budget permits, I recommend the Yeti. It will definitely not give you the hulk feel like Scorpio or XUV 5OO but its a different class of compact and capable mini SUV. You can check the various Yeti owner reviews in this forum to see how happy they are with the choice (some of them were even considering up to Fortuner but still ended up with Yeti). It has handsome discounts on the Elegance 4x4 as well.

From the rumours and speculations here, seems like Terrano may not come with some features (entertainment and utility) that even the Duster today has. The biggest problem with Nissan today is the HAI that exists between them and their dealers. It's something worth thinking about.

Also at the additional price the Terrano is speculated to come at, I would have at least preferred 6 airbags to be given against additional tech features. That would have been a lucrative feature to make me consider, when I'm expect to pay upwards of 13L on road for the top end (BLR).

Quote:
Originally Posted by epranay View Post
The other dimension that may help terrano is the long waiting period on ecosport. What do you guys feel
The few that could afford the Duster but still chose the EcoSport are the folks that I think will consider reversing their decision(s) due to waiting periods. Otherwise, the majority of buyers who went with EcoSport importantly for being a perceived value for money product, won't easily switch to a vehicle which has lesser features and shell ~1.0 - 2.5 lakhs more.. They might choose another product (probably a sedan) for about the same cost. Just a guess.

Last edited by k_ajay : 28th August 2013 at 11:18.
Old 28th August 2013, 11:21   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskumar View Post

I don't know why Nissan choosing this color to showcase this car. Looks are subjective, but i still feel this color is very dull, especially for digital advertisements.

I was expecting a Duster + Improved interiors, but disappointed to see Nissan focused more on exteriors. Wish Duster version 2.0 comes out soon with better interiors and off course with a price correction.
Old 28th August 2013, 11:28   #127
Senior - BHPian

I'm going against the tide and saying that the Terrano may just be priced below the Duster. There's no official word from Nissan on the pricing yet, and apart from the cosmetic changes the Terrano is actually missing a feature or two from the Duster. Who knows maybe Nissan is trying to get its game right and have learnt a thing or two from the success of the Ecosport!
Old 28th August 2013, 11:49   #128
BHPian

Quote:
http://indianautosblog.com/2013/08/n...variants-93319

i guess they might price slightly lesser than that of the duster.ecosport effect or declining sales of duster
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
I'm going against the tide and saying that the Terrano may just be priced below the Duster. There's no official word from Nissan on the pricing yet, and apart from the cosmetic changes the Terrano is actually missing a feature or two from the Duster. Who knows maybe Nissan is trying to get its game right and have learnt a thing or two from the success of the Ecosport!
finally a friend supporting my view on pricing of the terrano
Old 28th August 2013, 12:05   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
There's no official word from Nissan on the pricing yet, and .......
Actually there has been, from the initial launch. Nissan released that the Terrano will be priced-sub 10 lakhs 'onwards'. I just remembered as I'd posted a page or two prior to this.. The onwards concerns because that indicates prices will exceed 10 lakhs ex-showroom. Doubt it's going to be cheaper than the Duster, though I'd like to believe it will be.

Moneycontrol also mentioned in their news article that sub-10 lakhs will be pre-launch price. Can't understand what Nissan is thinking/planning..
http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bus...kh_938553.html

Last edited by k_ajay : 28th August 2013 at 12:20. Reason: Adding a response to 9thsphinx's post.
Old 28th August 2013, 15:57   #130
BHPian

one more image to prove that the media drive has happened
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano Unveiled : To be launched in early October-terrano-media-drive.jpg  

Old 28th August 2013, 16:05   #131
BHPian

A media drive on a Public road would require the vehicles to have registration numbers. Its just a "Duster' under the skin so Nissan would like to highlight the external changes.

The number plates just hold the name. This could be for an ad-shoot.
Old 28th August 2013, 17:50   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
If budget permits, I recommend the Yeti. It will definitely not give you the hulk feel like Scorpio or XUV 5OO but its a different class of compact and capable mini SUV. You can check the various Yeti owner reviews in this forum to see how happy they are with the choice (some of them were even considering up to Fortuner but still ended up with Yeti). It has handsome discounts on the Elegance 4x4 as well.

From the rumours and speculations here, seems like Terrano may not come with some features (entertainment and utility) that even the Duster today has. The biggest problem with Nissan today is the HAI that exists between them and their dealers. It's something worth thinking about.

Also at the additional price the Terrano is speculated to come at, I would have at least preferred 6 airbags to be given against additional tech features. That would have been a lucrative feature to make me consider, when I'm expect to pay upwards of 13L on road for the top end (BLR).
It is not a question of budget, Yeti was never a consideration on account of its looks.

One concern with Nissan is a shortage of dealers and the nearest one to me would be around some 30 kms away.

So there is still a lot to think about
Old 28th August 2013, 20:48   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Nissan Terrano in White

Source: Nissan FB Page

Attachment 1129651
Thanks for sharing. Slightly looks odd with a sharp front stuck to the otherwise bulbous shape of the car. Especially the white with no fog lamps looks bad to me.
Old 28th August 2013, 22:23   #134
BHPian

Quote:

two different textures on the dashboard ..looks premium
mid spec variant according to autocarindia

wheel covers,fog lamps,silver color door handles,fabric seats

no variant badging at the back XE,XL,XV

Hi Sukumar,

In the pictures that you have posted, i see a call button on the center console i.e the audio unit, unlike duster can it be that the phone control stalk mas moved out and the Bluetooth phone pairing is inbuilt into the audio system, Any idea on that feature?

Also i happen to notice the same in this overdrive walk through video

And being more premium at its price point i don't think Nissan will remove such an useful feature. Though many others like seats etc were added.
Old 29th August 2013, 11:00   #135
BHPian

one more image from nissan facebook page.it looks like a test track when you see all the images
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Terrano Unveiled : To be launched in early October-terrano-test.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks