Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2017, 14:56   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp! View Post
It certainly appears to be tempting pricing, but, that can only be determined by Mercedes E-Class pricing strategy post GST. If they pass on the full 8% savings, BMW are in for a difficult time.

Having said that, at a 10L difference between the 530i and 530D, I can sure see enthusiasts with the budget buying it over the 530D
Heck, even without budget constraints - the 530i feels so much better a value proposition and will ride also better thanks to higher profile tyres!
The main gizmo I would miss would be the speakers.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2017, 22:03   #212
BHPian

Some more pics of the G30 in its 520d Avatar, IMHO the exterior isn't as great of an innovation as the interior and performance, the lack of character line in the middle of the bonnet vis a vis F10 LCI makes the car look a little less aggressive but thats just my couple of cents; Here are some pics of the actual car from the showroom;
The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-img_9349.jpg

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-img_9351.jpg

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-img_9352.jpg

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-img_9178.jpg

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-img_9177.jpg

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-img_9175.jpg

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-img_9179.jpg
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2017, 00:17   #213
BHPian

The 530i should have come in more trims. The Harman Kardon system is toooo good to not have in your 5
Old 2nd July 2017, 15:27   #214
BHPian

I'm in love with the M Performance kit. Looks proper!

Btw everyone. Do give your feedback to the dealerships if you feel a specific trim option should be there. Cars are usually ordered in kits and if they have enough orders for a specific one then they'll be open to consider a new batch.

I was at Infinity Cars Worli yesterday and saw three cars getting sold in front of me. All owners were chauffeur driven but lit up after taking a small test drive
Attached Thumbnails
The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-img_7864.jpg  

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-img_7865.jpg  

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-img_7866.jpg  

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-img_7867.jpg  

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-img_7863.jpg  

goingout is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 11:47   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
I think the pricing is pretty much spot on. The 530i is really really tempting, and I think it will take over the 330i's sales. For a few lacs more who wouldn't want the 530i.
Very true, at an ex showroom price difference of 'barely' 5-7 lakhs they just might kill the sales of the F30 330i.

Urgh BMW, they just had to spoil it for petrolheads with the Sport Line apparently (correct me if I am wrong) not getting the keyless entry, adaptive LED headlamp system, the better H&K sounds system, etc. I really think it is stupid to not provide at least the option for potential petrol buyers with these options.
Old 3rd July 2017, 12:04   #216
BHPian

IMO, the m sport looks overdone and the F10 was a lot more sedate.
It was the actual wolf in sheep's clothing!! Didn't need to shout out its intentions
Old 3rd July 2017, 12:26   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
Very true, at an ex showroom price difference of 'barely' 5-7 lakhs they just might kill the sales of the F30 330i.

Urgh BMW, they just had to spoil it for petrolheads with the Sport Line apparently (correct me if I am wrong) not getting the keyless entry, adaptive LED headlamp system, the better H&K sounds system, etc. I really think it is stupid to not provide at least the option for potential petrol buyers with these options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
IMO, the m sport looks overdone and the F10 was a lot more sedate.
It was the actual wolf in sheep's clothing!! Didn't need to shout out its intentions
M sport is as classy as before. The photos I've posted are of the M Performance package which is an after sale addon. Hope that didn't create any confusion.

Re: 530i. Agree that there should have been an M sport spec. But I guess BMW India are still testing the waters. As we know the demand for petrol cars on higher specs is pretty low.

I did one of the modules in the product training for the new G30. I mostly drove the Sport line (over 800kms already). I never felt I was missing anything until I drove the M sport back to back. But even then it feels really well loaded on its own. Which is also justified when you realize the price difference of over ₹10l.

I'm low key wishing for a 540i M sport. Let's all write to BMW India and make them consider it

If any BHPians planning a group visit to a dealership in Delhi let me know. Will drop by to chill.

Last edited by goingout : 3rd July 2017 at 12:28.
Old 3rd July 2017, 15:29   #218
BHPian

When can we expect an official Team-Bhp review?
Old 3rd July 2017, 16:13   #219
BHPian

what are the on road prices for the new 5 in mumbai ? does anyone have any information ?
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 14:50   #220
BHPian

Does anyone know why does BMW India Omit 'Carplay' & 'Android Auto' from it's models? Does the new 5 have it? I so miss it on the 7, Can't believe this far ahead and even the new 5 does not get it.

Another point, does anyone have pointers to 40i being launched? And I was told the 30d M-Sport will have a change in the trim from the 2nd lot, Any such idea on when exactly would the second lot come and if that is a fact? I personally dislike the Silver trim on the 530d.

This car is so good in terms of it's competition but somehow just does not make me go ahead and get one, something is just missing.
MercedesGirl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 16:07   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercedesGirl View Post
Does anyone know why does BMW India Omit 'Carplay' & 'Android Auto' from it's models? Does the new 5 have it? I so miss it on the 7, Can't believe this far ahead and even the new 5 does not get it.

Another point, does anyone have pointers to 40i being launched? And I was told the 30d M-Sport will have a change in the trim from the 2nd lot, Any such idea on when exactly would the second lot come and if that is a fact? I personally dislike the Silver trim on the 530d.

This car is so good in terms of it's competition but somehow just does not make me go ahead and get one, something is just missing.
Carplay is now an option abroad. The latest iDrive supports it. Although it is currently not offered in India. I'm sure eventually it'll be offered here. For Android a good workaround I found in the 7 is to use the mirroring and use the car as a chromecast device.

Yes the launch 530d has a silver trim. I believe the launch batch is already close to selling out. The next batch would have a different trim.

No news on the 540i so far. Don't think it'll be anytime soon. I'm keen to drive it myself.

PS: This is all my personal learning. Not an official statement.
goingout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 17:16   #222
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Your observations are spot on, I had my eyes for a while to pick from the first lot but something indeed is missing, for me it's mostly similar exterior styling as of outgoing model. Yes, that silver does not blend well, I think we can replace or add some carbon texture from official accessories and that might look better.

Let's see how 6 cylinder drives and handles, if it's different than I can surely overlook trim.

Quote:
For Android a good workaround I found in the 7 is to use the mirroring and use the car as a chrome cast device.
That should be possible in 5 as well, but wasn't it supposed to get a dedicated slot for SIM? I remember there were some discussions on this.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 18:07   #223
Distinguished - BHPian

Do the recent launches from BMW/Mercedes offer HDMI input? My observation is that the entertainment system feels obsolete even at the time of the launch given the rapid churn in consumer technology. It would be better to have an HDMI sort of input so we can use our phones, etc. connected to the car (video + audio).
androdev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 21:58   #224
BHPian

Androdev,

The 7 has HDMI but I still prefer iPads, or if they can use some sort of streaming in car. There is an Android Tablet in car but I wish media from that (youtube, etc.) could be mirrored on the rear view screens.

I Still am Unable to hook the Nintendo Switch for my niece and soon my daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Do the recent launches from BMW/Mercedes offer HDMI input? My observation is that the entertainment system feels obsolete even at the time of the launch given the rapid churn in consumer technology. It would be better to have an HDMI sort of input so we can use our phones, etc. connected to the car (video + audio).
MercedesGirl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 23:09   #225
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercedesGirl View Post
Androdev,

The 7 has HDMI but I still prefer iPads, or if they can use some sort of streaming in car. There is an Android Tablet in car but I wish media from that (Youtube, etc.) could be mirrored on the rear view screens.

I Still am Unable to hook the Nintendo Switch for my niece and soon my daughter.
If you do some research I am sure you'd find a solution. In my stone-age W221, I use an Android TV box connected to AUX AV, video comes on all screens, audio through car speakers. Reliance Jio 4G router for internet. My android phone works as a remote. Gets used extensively when kids travel with me.
androdev is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed