Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2017, 12:37   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Sorry, I should have been more clear, these are from 730-D, but since engine & transmission are comon, so end results should be same or even better due to lower weight of 530-D.
A brand new one that too, judging from the ODO. Milage will likely improve after first service.
Old 26th September 2017, 12:37   #317
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Maybe you route was downhill
NO, Delhi - Chandigarh Highway, within Delhi at low speeds up to 80-100 it was even better more like 18 Kmpl.

Quote:
I don't mean to say the engine is not better but there could be other contributing factors
Don't recollect tyre size of my old 5 series but the one on X5 is surely 19 inches and same on 730 as well. You mean to say that if we upsize the tyres, speed will be more at lower RPM's and which should also mean better fuel mileage?
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2017, 13:34   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
NO, Delhi - Chandigarh Highway, within Delhi at low speeds up to 80-100 it was even better more like 18 Kmpl.

Don't recollect tyre size of my old 5 series but the one on X5 is surely 19 inches and same on 730 as well. You mean to say that if we upsize the tyres, speed will be more at lower RPM's and which should also mean better fuel mileage?
Both wheel size and gear ratio influence the RPM. Engine RPM = gear-ratio x wheel RPM. Wheel RPM = speed/wheel size (smaller wheels need to rotate faster for the same speed)

Fuel efficiency can be increased by increasing gear ratio and wheel size but only to some extent. Weight of the wheel, rotational inertia, rolling friction (contact patch, traction) etc. will influence wheel choice. Engine torque/power characteristics will influence gear ratios.

To be honest, I have gone beyond what I can comfortably talk about I can say that 7 series has a taller gear ratio and in order to allow such tall gear ratio, the engine must be having improved torque characteristic or it is not as good to accelerate from 120 compared to your x5.
androdev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 19:14   #319
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Anyone who is thinking of buying something in this segment or lower due to costs, famous proverbial holds good - beg, borrow or steal, but BUY 6 cylinder. It pulls as if it's an M engine
Wholeheartedly agreed! If diesel, it just has to be that creamy 6-cylinder. It's the engine that makes the car. I'll work a bit harder, but get the engine I really love to truly cherish the car. We might as well enjoy the ICE engines while we still have them; in 10 - 20 years, who knows what's going to be under the hood of our cars.

Quote:
120 Kmph at 1500 Rpm
Same as the F10. From my ownership review:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The 8 ratios lend the car with relaxed cruisability. 100 kph is seen at only 1,250 rpm in 8th gear, while 120 kph is at ~1,500 rpm!
Quote:
All this with fuel economy that may shame a Maruti, I did 300 km at 120 kmph and above with an overall mileage of over 15
My car does 7 kmpl in the city (6 with a heavy foot) and 12 on the highway (10ish with redlining).

However, once I drove in ECO-PRO and got this:
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 19:36   #320
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Same as the F10. From my ownership review:
Ok, I must have forgotten, it's being a while since I sold but its different on X5 surely. This one is from the current 7, I will say an achievement if we consider the added weight and size.

Quote:
My car does 7 kmpl in the city (6 with a heavy foot)
Newer engine is surely more efficient, have a look
Attached Thumbnails
The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-1.jpeg  

Old 1st October 2017, 20:37   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Wholeheartedly agreed! If diesel, it just has to be that creamy 6-cylinder. It's the engine that makes the car.
I totally agree. These cars if self driven go the 6 cylinder route please!
A E350 CDI W212 ownership review is in the making where i will try articulate more.

I did a 100 KM run in mixed condition on my E350 and got 10.9 kmpl in eco mode.
raj981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 18:20   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, I must have forgotten, it's being a while since I sold but its different on X5 surely. This one is from the current 7, I will say an achievement if we consider the added weight and size.

Newer engine is surely more efficient, have a look
Is that the BMW connected app? Does it work in India - because i couldn't find it on the Apple india store. Finally had to use a US apple account to get it.
Old 3rd October 2017, 18:36   #323
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is that the BMW connected app?
Search for "BMW Apps for 7 Series" Hope it works on other models as well I got from Indian store only.

Last edited by Turbanator : 3rd October 2017 at 18:37.
Old 14th October 2017, 15:50   #324
BHPian

Does anyone have any information regarding 530D Carbon Black deliveries in their respective city? My dealer in Hyd keeps saying there is no production and any allocation is only for November End.
Old 14th October 2017, 18:14   #325
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Does anyone have any information regarding 530D Carbon Black deliveries in their respective city? My dealer in Hyd keeps saying there is no production and any allocation is only for November End.
Yes, he must be correct. Apparently, one large shipment of Kits is delayed until November so all this mess. Or perhaps their global demand is more but bad for Indian operations.
Old 15th October 2017, 00:48   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, he must be correct. Apparently, one large shipment of Kits is delayed until November so all this mess. Or perhaps their global demand is more but bad for Indian operations.
Yep he keeps saying the same that the kits are delayed. Sucks to keep waiting
Old 16th October 2017, 18:30   #327
GT3
BHPian

When will the official review be out? Waiting for it eagerly.
GT3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 17:49   #328
BHPian

Got delivery of my 530D in Med blue with Ivory seats. Guys she is unbelievable to drive. However the owners manual says to go easy for the first 2000 kms to run in the engine. The gizmos are fun but no success with the auto parking feature. Fails to detect any spot in over crowded Mumbai no matter how many times I drive by. Interestingly BMW has disabled Apple CarPlay for India.

The delivery experience at Navnit was quite disappointing. There were 3 or 4 deliveries lined up together so no one even attended to us for the first 15 - 20 minutes. It was only when I was about to throw a tantrum that someone was assigned to me. Since it was my Sales guy's day off no one explained any of the features and I was sent off saying that someone will come over to explain the features later. I've had a better experience taking delivery of my Vento.
manishk123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 18:21   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Got delivery of my 530D in Med blue with Ivory seats. Guys she is unbelievable to drive. Fails to detect any spot in over crowded Mumbai no matter how many times I drive by. Interestingly BMW has disabled Apple CarPlay for India.

The delivery experience at Navnit was quite disappointing.
Congratulations on the new car. Please do start an ownership thread or post some pictures. Im booking a Med Blue with Mocha interiors but would love to see how the ivory looks.

Why is apple car play disabled ? I think maybe a software update should fix that.

Wish you lots of safe kms on the new car. Have fun
M00M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 20:01   #330
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I was sent off saying that someone will come over to explain the features later. I've had a better experience taking delivery of my Vento.
Congrats. Don't worry, you are not alone. BMW Dealers at many places are now comparable to any 2 wheeler dealership or perhaps even lower and the earlier BMW survey after the purchase of a new car is now a 2 or 3 line feedback as against multiple pages previously and irrespective of feedback you give, don't expect any callback from BMW. Maybe your SA will drop you a small message Thanking you for the feedback( in a sarcastic way!)

Quote:
Interestingly BMW has disabled Apple CarPlay for India.
They have not mentioned this feature on the spec sheet for Indian models, have you decoded VIN to check if this is inbuilt or completely omitted.

Do post some pictures of your drive, Ivory + Black must be beautiful

Quote:
the owners manual says to go easy for the first 2000 kms to run in the engine
Yes, don't go over 2500 RPM or so but I think you are already touching illegal speeds at these RPM's. Best will be to run-in when traffic is less or better if you can go somewhere on a longer route. And don't try 0-100 runs for some time, just let everything settle.

Quote:
Med Blue with Mocha interiors but would love to see how the ivory looks.
If you have never owned an Ivory, I will suggest you change Mocha. Not that Mocha looks bad but it is little darker whereas Ivory with contrast stitching and Black anthracite will feel much roomy. Besides from my personal experience, the novelty of dark interior shades wears faster, better involve your family on selection, I believe ladies can take a call on interior better. You may disagree initially but after a while, Ivory will surely grow up. And Ivory ( more like white) is very different from Beige

BMW Display Key Cover

please don't buy the official cover ( if available at first place), it does not justify the price and quality is more like a roadside mobile leather cover. Unfortunately, this is Made in India. I bought here in Canada last week and am going to return it back. There is another option from Montblanc but it's very expensive. Will try to post photos of both if I buy one.

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th October 2017 at 20:14.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks