Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2018, 12:53   #376
BHPian

Re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

So I just received a call from Bmw India's head of customer support. He said they have looked into into my issue and even consulted BMW germany on whether Car play can be integrated into my car via an update. Unfortunately this is not possible according to him as the system hardware/software is not geared up for it.

When I mentioned about the $300 option on cars abroad, he said the system on those cars already has apple car play built in, but not activated. However in our cars it hasn't been built in.

Guess we'll have to live without it.
manishk123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 13:22   #377
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishad.hameed View Post
if I'm driving a Baleno keeping 530 in the garage. Car play can read the texts, reply messages
I won't suggest you read the texts or reply messages even if car is equipped while driving

But it's surprising that you actually leave your 530 and pick the Baleno just because of a car play? anyways, try using the inbuilt apps, I am sure you will start liking and as just mentioned by Manish, it's not possible on old cars, so you will have to live with it. Maybe turn up the volume on that lovely music system

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th May 2018 at 00:17. Reason: Entering the quoted post's link (link is traceable to the original poster that way).
Turbanator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2018, 06:54   #378
BHPian

Thank you Turbanator. I live in a city where bumper to bumper traffic flows a lot and we have enough time in red lights.

BTW guys is G30 equipped with active cruise control?
Old 22nd April 2018, 18:40   #379
Distinguished - BHPian

BMW has upped prices across the range. Most 5 series models are about 4% more expensive now. Together with the rollback of the GST cut and this new increase due to customs duty, most models are now 8% more expensive than at launch. For example the 530i sport line is now 53.8 Lacs as compared to 49.9 Lacs at launch. It is unfortunate that government policy is forcing them to do this although BMW wants to play the value pricing card on all its new launches starting with the G30 launch last year.

They have however, protected the 520d sport line at 52 Lacs without increase and this continues to be a value leader in the segment, in my opinion.

https://www.bmw.in/content/dam/bmw/m...ICE%20LIST.pdf

Last edited by SDP : 22nd April 2018 at 19:26. Reason: minor typo
84.monsoon is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 17:05   #380
BHPian

Recently discovered another annoying cost saving glitch by BMW on my 530.

They have given a button inside the boot, evidently for the power boot close feature, which is offered abroad. However the feature is not offered on Indian cars but they have been too lazy to remove the button and have just left it on there.

The result is, every time I pull into a mall or a 5 star hotel for a mandatory security check, the guard will invariably press the boot close button and tell me that its not working. I have to then roll down my window and tell him to close the boot manually. Really annoying!!

Surprising BMW would skimp on adding a little motor in the boot on a fully loaded car costing 80 lacs on road!!
manishk123 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 13th May 2018, 18:00   #381
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
Surprising BMW would skimp on adding a little motor in the boot on a fully loaded car costing 80 lacs on road!!
Sucks when a company indulges in such penny pinching, especially when this feature is available in <40 lakh SUVs. I curse BMW every time I have to take my key out and press the unlock button (6-lakh rupee cars get passive keyless entry today).
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th May 2018, 12:24   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Sucks when a company indulges in such penny pinching, especially when this feature is available in <40 lakh SUVs. I curse BMW every time I have to take my key out and press the unlock button (6-lakh rupee cars get passive keyless entry today).
ditto. 8 years ago I had this feature in my Outlander! Miss basics that BMW misses in name of high options. Worse that BMW India does not even give option to add later or at time of purchase unlike other global markets.
rishi_kapoor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2018, 23:59   #383
BHPian

Friends, have decided to replace my f10 530D (Alpine white) with this G30 530i (Iridium Silver), I also have the W212LCI E200 which I love but will move it as my chauffeur car, and use the G30 for self driving? I also have a (cocoa brown)GLA 200 for my weekend drives or to the Forest through state highways a few times an year (It's done only 6000km in 2 years).

Coming to the point for my request to gurus and G30 owners alike, I have shortlisted the Sapphire Black or Imperial Blue Exteriors? Black is available with Beige interiors whereas in the Blue I have the option of either Cognac(Tan) or Beige .
What would be your suggestions for both the exterior (Feel free to suggest another colour as well) and interior colour options?
The f10 is the only diesel in my garage and I am not inclined to buy a diesel again because of the 10 year cap hitting the resale values of my beautifully maintained and only 35k driven 530d.
Also I had checked out the new XF but it just didn't feel premium enough inside (Didn't take a test drive either), am I missing something or G30 is apt?
Thank you
Old 2nd July 2018, 00:11   #384
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
Friends, have decided to replace my f10 530D (Alpine white) with this G30 530

Coming to the point for my request to gurus and G30 owners alike, I have shortlisted the Sapphire Black or Imperial Blue Exteriors? Black is available with Beige interiors whereas in the Blue I have the option of either Cognac(Tan) or Beige .
What would be your suggestions for both the exterior (Feel free to suggest another colour as well) and interior colour options?
The f10 is the only diesel in my garage and I am not inclined to buy a diesel again because of the 10 year cap hitting the resale values of my beautifully maintained and only 35k driven 530d.
Now why will you sell a 6 cylinder 5 series for a punny 4 cylinder (ok, relatively) newer model. Have you actually driven the 530i? I recently drove 6 GT and believe me, the engine is just useless, especially if you are used to driving 530-D. You have not mentioned model year of older car but if it’s from 2013 or later (LCI), I will suggest you to keep it a little longer, it will not depreciate more then what your new car will. However, If it’s older then perhaps you can let it go but do check 530-D as well. They have some nice deals going on the ones they have on stocks. Cognac or Mocha does feel different and should be a good for a change although both of these dark colours look good on light exteriors. Check Blue Stone colour (sort of grey) and Mocha, looks very nice.

Last edited by Turbanator : 2nd July 2018 at 00:17.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 00:44   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Now why will you sell a 6 cylinder 5 series for a punny 4 cylinder (ok, relatively) newer model. Have you actually driven the 530i? I recently drove 6 GT and believe me, the engine is just useless, especially if you are used to driving 530-D. You have not mentioned model year of older car but if it’s from 2013 or later (LCI), I will suggest you to keep it a little longer, it will not depreciate more then what your new car will. However, If it’s older then perhaps you can let it go but do check 530-D as well. They have some nice deals going on the ones they have on stocks. Cognac or Mocha does feel different and should be a good for a change although both of these dark colours look good on light exteriors. Check Blue Stone colour (sort of grey) and Mocha, looks very nice.
Sir, appreciate your words, but my 530d is 2011, so its got only 3 years left in Delhi and because it is such an immaculate condition I personally want to sell it to someone who would appreciate the I6 engine. I drove the 530i and really liked it, also maybe because I have been driving the relatively slower E200 mostly since the past few years I appreciate the engine in 530i, I will definitely checkout on deals on the 530d as well before signing on Wednesday.
I saw the bluestone in person but found it to be very similar to my mom's superb's grey colour and I'm not really a fan of it.

What will you suggest between the Black or Imperial Blue? Have not had solid coloured car in a while therefore shortlisted on these two?
OR if you'd like to suggest something else in the 50-65L bracket

Thanks ,

Note:- I might be in a very small minority here but I honestly prefer the driving dynamics of my E200 facelift (2014) more than my 530d, not the engine only but the whole steering wheel, chassis set up and on road behaviour I personally felt is better in my W212 LCI and thats why since I bought it in 2014, the 530d became more of a weekend or chauffeur car in my garrage.

Last edited by ajmat : 2nd July 2018 at 08:03. Reason: minor typo
np23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 01:19   #386
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
but my 530d is 2011, so its got only 3 years left in Delhi

I saw the bluestone in person but found it to be very similar to my mom's superb's grey colour and I'm not really a fan of it.

What will you suggest between the Black or Imperial Blue? Have not had solid coloured car in a while therefore shortlisted on these two?
OR if you'd like to suggest something else in the 50-65L bracket

Note:- I might be in a very small minority here but I honestly prefer the driving dynamics of my E200 facelift (2014) more than my 530d
Ok, if that’s from so past then better to let it go. Some enthusiast can surely use her better. Black and Blue both looks nice, perhaps you can pick up Ivory instead of dark interiors. Avoid beige as it’s too common. You can get 3M PPF wrap done on the whole car if you have concerns on the maintenance. I have multiple carbon black and another Blue and if you have a help around, these are ok to maintain.

If you like your older Mercedes, maybe try the newer one as well, perhaps the 6 cylinder diesel though it maybe over budget a bit.

But I will still suggest you to consider a 530-D
Old 2nd July 2018, 01:29   #387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Ok, if that’s from so past then better to let it go. Some enthusiast can surely use her better. Black and Blue both looks nice, perhaps you can pick up Ivory instead of dark interiors. Avoid beige as it’s too common. You can get 3M PPF wrap done on the whole car if you have concerns on the maintenance. I have multiple carbon black and another Blue and if you have a help around, these are ok to maintain.

If you like your older Mercedes, maybe try the newer one as well, perhaps the 6 cylinder diesel though it maybe over budget a bit.

But I will still suggest you to consider a 530-D
Thanks, so first thing postmark tomorrow is to check out the 530d and see if I can strike a good deal, definitely love the m kit on the new 5.
Help is not an issue so both should be good, will try and checkout the black in person , their test drive 530i was in blue with cognac so have seen that.

I did go to checkout the E200 (V213) but they only had the E350, so did drive that, it just felt like too big a sedan to drive, just watching the back a bit too much while driving, also just felt too light (I know more aluminium ) but not just the bootlid etc, even interior bits like the glovebox just felt so cheap and hard plastic in v213 , put me off.

As of now its pretty much the new 5, do you think I should consider the XF 25T?

Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 17:25   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Friends, have decided to replace my f10 530D (Alpine white) with this G30 530i (Iridium Silver), I also have the W212LCI E200 which I love but will move it as my chauffeur car, and use the G30 for self driving? I also have a (cocoa brown)GLA 200 for my weekend drives or to the Forest through state highways a few times an year (It's done only 6000km in 2 years).

Also I had checked out the new XF but it just didn't feel premium enough inside (Didn't take a test drive either), am I missing something or G30 is apt?
Thank you
Since you are more inclined on getting a 4 cylinder engine, do check out the Volvo S90 as well. feels much premium then the Germans and is great to drive too!
Old 2nd July 2018, 17:31   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kau_therock View Post
Since you are more inclined on getting a 4 cylinder engine, do check out the Volvo S90 as well. feels much premium then the Germans and is great to drive too!
Thanks, I'm not inclined towards a 4 cyl, but I am not particularly interested in buying a diesel, my cars don't do more than 7-8k an year and the extra cost is just unjustifiable (Therefore the only Diesel I am considering is the 530d for the engine performance), also having driven the E200 Petrol, I value the city traffic refinement of the petrols now, Unfortunately there's no 6 cylinder Petrol offered these day else that would've been my first pick.

I'm being offered a mouthwatering deal on the s60 Polestar thought but feels a bit old now.
Note:- went to the Lexus Showroom today post work for a word on the new ES300h launching next month, any suggestions on the same?

Thank you

Last edited by np23 : 2nd July 2018 at 17:32.
np23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 18:07   #390
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
went to the Lexus Showroom today post work for a word on the new ES300h launching next month, any suggestions on the same?
Should definitely try given your preference of petrol. If you are ok with 530i engine, Lexus with hybrid should be fine as well. Perhaps you can take a drive of the existing one as I don’t expect the powertrain to be radically different. They won’t give discounts on the new model though.

BTW what are offers on polestar?

Last edited by Turbanator : 2nd July 2018 at 18:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks