Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2018, 13:00   #406
BHPian

Re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
What is the opinion on the door LED BMW Projectors, Battery starters etc?Cheers

Congrats & wish you safe miles ahead.

Have used BMW LED door projectors in my GT, its a cool acc. However do note the reflectors tends to fade away over time. It comes with FOUR different lenses. Do change them at intervals.

For car covers, suggest to look at TPH, will be much cheaper.

For floor mats, give a thought on 3m noddle mat. I did same mistake while buying. After a while all-weather mat looks shabby.

M-Performance SS pedal covers looks really cool & special. BMW also offers a left foot-rest cover, which will give you a complete look.

Battery charger (starter ?) is a wonderful addition. Never had any issues with my low run car, used to charge once every month. You need a dedicated power outlet with extension cable for that. A bit difficult if you live in societies.

Cheers,
Sail
Sail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2018, 18:31   #407
BHPian

Here she is, will give a detailed update shortly .
Looks a beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail View Post
Congrats & wish you safe miles ahead.

Have used BMW LED door projectors in my GT, its a cool acc. However do note the reflectors tends to fade away over time. It comes with FOUR different lenses. Do change them at intervals.

For car covers, suggest to look at TPH, will be much cheaper.

For floor mats, give a thought on 3m noddle mat. I did same mistake while buying. After a while all-weather mat looks shabby.

M-Performance SS pedal covers looks really cool & special. BMW also offers a left foot-rest cover, which will give you a complete look.

Battery charger (starter ?) is a wonderful addition. Never had any issues with my low run car, used to charge once every month. You need a dedicated power outlet with extension cable for that. A bit difficult if you live in societies.

Cheers,
Sail
Thank you, have taken the car cover, Foot mats and the display key leather case
Attached Thumbnails
The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-dbe2958de69e431db6b8d21a85cea3c8.jpeg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th July 2018 at 17:50. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
np23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 11:18   #408
BHPian

Drove the G30 530d MSport really hard this weekend.

My observations:
1. Unbelievable how the car shrank around me – I drive a B6 -equipped Polo GT TSI, and the 530D felt 80% as easy to drive and nimble.
2. Great suspension. Never found it harsh in any setting. The adaptive dampers work like magic. Minimal roll in most situations – again, for a non-M sedan of this size, I couldn’t believe it. The 320d, no disrespect, is ‘wallowy’ in comparison.
3. Minimal squat or dive under hard braking. Very composed and surefooted. Very high speed cornering a breeze with minimal trajectory corrections
4. Tail wiggling on-demand with TC off, even with 275 rears
5. So many toys, I lost count. Loved the color HUD and the way the shoulder bolsters tighten in sports mode.
6. 5.6 sec – launch control
7. Smooth at 5500 rpm - for a big 6 cylinder diesel!
8. An average of 6.5 kmpl despite crazy driving – the same as my little Polo.
9. Hit the bump-stops just once! Those adaptive dampers..

‘Improvements’, if I can term them so
1. Still a diesel. At 3000 rpm, there’s no mistaking it.
2. 8 gears are too much for paddle shifting. Best to leave them alone I guess.
3. Not much space in the rear given the external dimensions. Adequate.
4. Panic stops – while very good, thought the braking feel could be better. A little loose travel of the pedal in the last few meters. Of course, this was post a lot of hard braking.
5. I still think the A6s interiors are better built – maybe I’m wrong. Need to double check.
6. A little too big in the city to drive worry-free. Maybe I am just a hot hatch guy.

Last edited by d_himan : 31st July 2018 at 11:21.
d_himan is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 12:38   #409
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Drove the G30 530d MSport really hard this weekend.
Hope to see this join your garage soon

I drove the 520d this weekend along with the new X3. While the 520d feels more luxurious with the ample leather all over, the X3 has a way better suspension. I took it over some of the worst roads in Bandra and while the X3 ate up the potholes with ease, the 520d struggled even going past them at half the speed.

Was test driving it with a friend who wants to upgrade his F10 520d, even though the X3 suspension won hands down, he preferred the new 5. Have urged him to try the 6GT before deciding.
The E is the best of the lot but in his case is not even in consideration because he has a w222 and E is just too similar.

He has a 60km daily commute on the western express highway and is 90% chauffeured so back seat is prime importance. Loves gimmicks like the gesture control which is one of the other reasons why he preferred the 5 to the X3, since the latter doesn't have that gimmick

Have recommended him to check out Volvo S90 too since it has great backspace and gizmos.
Sahil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2018, 14:26   #410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
1. Unbelievable how the car shrank around me – I drive a B6 -equipped Polo GT TSI, and the 530D felt 80% as easy to drive and nimble.
8. An average of 6.5 kmpl despite crazy driving – the same as my little Polo.
9. Hit the bump-stops just once! Those adaptive dampers..

‘Improvements’, if I can term them so
1. Still a diesel. At 3000 rpm, there’s no mistaking it.
2. 8 gears are too much for paddle shifting. Best to leave them alone I guess.
3. Not much space in the rear given the external dimensions. Adequate.
4. Panic stops – while very good, thought the braking feel could be better. A little loose travel of the pedal in the last few meters. Of course, this was post a lot of hard braking.
6. A little too big in the city to drive worry-free. Maybe I am just a hot hatch guy.

You should try the GTI then. Turbopetrol is turbopetrol. I have done 6K on mine and I am madly in love. If a 70 lakh BMW is being compared to 10 lakh GT TSI, let's bring the real hot hatch in the discussion - the GTI. At 20 lakh on road, there was nothing that came anywhere near the GTI...free reving maniac TSI, with telepathic pedals that can hold the redline as long as you want, paired with terrific brakes! 20 lakhs!!

Last edited by anandpadhye : 31st July 2018 at 14:28.
anandpadhye is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st August 2018, 09:33   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Hope to see this join your garage soon

the X3 has a way better suspension. I took it over some of the worst roads in Bandra and while the X3 ate up the potholes with ease

Was test driving it with a friend who wants to upgrade his F10 520d, even though the X3 suspension won hands down, he preferred the new 5.

He has a 60km daily commute on the western express highway and is 90% chauffeured so back seat is prime importance. Loves gimmicks like the gesture control which is one of the other reasons why he preferred the 5 to the X3, since the latter doesn't have that gimmick

Have recommended him to check out Volvo S90 too since it has great backspace and gizmos.
Hi Sahil, no, no 530d for me for a long, long time, no budget, and frankly, makes no sense given my bumper to bumper commute.

I would urge your friend to reconsider if he's being chauffer driven - not convinced about the spaciousness and seat countour/recline angle of the rear seat. The S90 may make far more sense..

Yes, the X3 is supposed to be magical now - great body control as well as being better suited for our potholes. Haven't driven it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
You should try the GTI then. Turbopetrol is turbopetrol. I have done 6K on mine and I am madly in love. If a 70 lakh BMW is being compared to 10 lakh GT TSI, let's bring the real hot hatch in the discussion - the GTI. At 20 lakh on road, there was nothing that came anywhere near the GTI...free reving maniac TSI, with telepathic pedals that can hold the redline as long as you want, paired with terrific brakes! 20 lakhs!!
Yes anand! The only single point comparison (a strong word!) to the GT TSI is nimbleness only. That's it.

In fact, a TBHPIan's GTI is faster than the 530d by 5-6 car lengths (of course, turbo change + remap). That's just mind-boggling. The perfect city and highway car as well for the country I guess.

The only issue with the GTI is personal - unfortunately 2 doors just don't cut it out for my usage (child seat and all). Plus my parking is narrow and the long front doors won't open! Of course, the ticking time-bomb aka DQ200 troubles are mitigated if one is OK with the replacement downtime..
Old 30th January 2019, 12:23   #412
BHPian

Update on my G30 530i, the car's been doing wonderfully well.
The only unplanned visit to the service center was for a coolant top up which took five minutes and has not occurred since then.
Now my vehicle has done 8500km and the service is due now, I wanted the advise of fellow members if I should be going for the BSI+ package? I would have ideally definitely taken it, but considering now that it is exactly the same for 4 Cylinder and 6 cylinder versions and also the same for diesel and petrol variants, I think its not fair and is not justifiable, especially considering our fellow members first service costed around Rs25000 and that is the approx estimate my adviser has also told me.
What will be your suggestion?
I was earlier thinking of beginning with 3 year/40000 package to begin with which costs approximately 1.50 Lakhs and then extending but now I don't think it's worth it.
Also putting herewith the latest BSI Plans for all BMW Vehicles as shared with me, hope it is of help to others.
Regards
Attached Files
File Type: pdf new doc 2018-12-15 14.59.47_20181215150458 (1).pdf (935.3 KB, 556 views)
np23 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 15:00   #413
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I was earlier thinking of beginning with 3 year/40000 package to begin with which costs approximately 1.50 Lakhs and then extending but now I don't think it's worth it.
Also putting herewith the latest BSI Plans for all BMW Vehicles as shared with me, hope it is of help to others.
Regards
Thanks for sharing the latest BSI costing sheet. Not much increase over last year's prices.

I think the basic BSI will be VFM than BSI+. Basic BSI covers everything for oil service. A 3 year, 40K basic BSI costs only 86K for a 5 series. Even if you get 4 services done, that should cover the BSI cost. BSI+ makes sense if you are a very spirited driver and the brake pads wear out a lot. BSI+ makes sense only if you go through 2 sets of brake pads in 40K.

I had taken a calculated decision to go with BSI+ for 3 years / 40K. The car has run 19K kilometers in 11 months and I have got the 2nd oil service reminder. When time comes to extend, I may extend to a longer term basic BSI package (at least that is what I am thinking now).
graaja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 15:13   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Now my vehicle has done 8500km and the service is due now, I wanted the advise of fellow members if I should be going for the BSI+ package? I would have ideally definitely taken it, but considering now that it is exactly the same for 4 Cylinder and 6 cylinder versions and also the same for diesel and petrol variants, I think its not fair and is not justifiable, especially considering our fellow members first service costed around Rs25000 and that is the approx estimate my adviser has also told me.
What will be your suggestion?
I am not a fan of BSI plan as it does not help to save anything substantial to justify the high upfront cost. Routine serving costs do not vary too much plus this kms limit plays trick on your mind for no good reason.

Extended warranty with a good insurance cover is enough (and a must) as it can cover unexpected huge repair bills.
the_skyliner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 16:34   #415
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The only unplanned visit to the service center was for a coolant top up which took five minutes and has not occurred since then.
Now my vehicle has done 8500km and the service is due now
So you got your car in July, which is just 8 months ago, and you have only done 8500km, yet oil change service has become due? Isn't this too early? I bought the 330i just 3 weeks ago and I am shocked at such short service intervals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
The car has run 19K kilometers in 11 months and I have got the 2nd oil service reminder.
So you also got oil change service reminder in less than 10000km? Isn't this too short for synthetic oil?

Last edited by anandpadhye : 30th January 2019 at 16:37.
Old 30th January 2019, 17:06   #416
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So you got your car in July, which is just 8 months ago, and you have only done 8500km, yet oil change service has become due? Isn't this too early? I bought the 330i just 3 weeks ago and I am shocked at such short service intervals!

So you also got oil change service reminder in less than 10000km? Isn't this too short for synthetic oil?
The BMWs have something called condition based service. Depending on the usage, the oil change requirement interval changes. After a service or when you get the car, the service requirement will be at 1 year / 12,000 kilometers. After this, depending on the usage, the interval gets updated. For example, if the car is driven mostly in bumper to bumper traffic, you can get the oil change request in 8500 km.

That is why I find BSI to be VFM if the usage is more.
graaja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2019, 18:13   #417
BHPian

Thank you for sharing new price.

I'm driving a 530D, 30.6K in 13 months. I picked up BSI+ for 3 year/ 40K and changed the break pads at 20K and 25K, front and rear. Another service is due in 35K, cost of my past services including the break pads is 119K and my cost of BSI+ was 147K.

Looks like same amount we pay in advance and buy peace of mind, BMW earn interest.

But the cost of 3year/ 60K is a bomb, which may work for my driving distance.
nishad.hameed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2019, 09:15   #418
BHPian

Quote:
It is indeed on the slightly shorter side, but it seems to be the case with all G30's , a couple of my friends here in Delhi who have the 520d's also had their oil changes around this mark.
I will also attribute the heavy traffic in Delhi vizaviz Pune to this and of my 8500km only 1000km have been on the highway.
Indeed when I got the car the interval showed 12000km but it came down gradually to 10 to 9 and so on.

Considering our cars share the same engine , and infact yours is tuned with the gearbox to be slightly more peppier , I can safely assume you will need the Oil change at around 10000km/1 year mark.

Last edited by np23 : 31st January 2019 at 09:16.
np23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2019, 18:58   #419

Quote:

Hey are you sure this is the latest price sheet? It says "effective from 1 Nov, 2017" at the top. And the prices seem to be much lower than the price sheet that I got from BMW Bird Auto, Gurgaon on December 13th, 2018. (Attached)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BSI Price List 1-11-17.pdf (56.0 KB, 232 views)
Old 3rd February 2019, 18:28   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anantc93 View Post
Hey are you sure this is the latest price sheet? It says "effective from 1 Nov, 2017" at the top. And the prices seem to be much lower than the price sheet that I got from BMW Bird Auto, Gurgaon on December 13th, 2018. (Attached)
I think you’ve also attached the exact same sheet by error maybe?

Anyways I’ve gotten my service done without BSI/+ and very happy with the charges and service

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks