Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2016, 17:12   #31
BHPian
 
huracan.lp580's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 29
Thanked: 158 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
...IMO the new 5'er looks really promising in these above spy pics

Is it the wheels adding to the looks or those new style exhaust tips or the new lines ? Looking forward ...
I think it's the wheels adding to the looks. I personally am not a big fan of the new lines. In my opinion, the E60 to F10 was a step down, but this seems worse! Hopefully the car will look much better without the camouflage..

Last edited by khan_sultan : 5th February 2019 at 15:12. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
huracan.lp580 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 12:16   #32
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,652
Thanked: 16,185 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Tail Lights revealed;

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-5series.jpg

Full Teaser Video;

karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 12:15   #33
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 11,011
Thanked: 48,837 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Thread moved to the Indian Car Scene.
Aditya is offline  
Old 13th September 2016, 11:02   #34
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,652
Thanked: 16,185 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Well, this is it;

Name:  01473590903.jpeg
Views: 3576
Size:  83.5 KB

Name:  01473590905.jpeg
Views: 3463
Size:  83.5 KB

Image Source
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2016, 01:43   #35
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,652
Thanked: 16,185 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

A lot has been revealed in this video;

karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 08:56   #36
BHPian
 
rahul_jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 170
Thanked: 363 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Well, this is it;

...
Is it just me or does this resemble the new 7 series quite a lot? In fact, looks like the little brother of the 7.

I know this topic is fairly subjective, however, personally speaking - It looks somewhat boring. I know this is an executive saloon thus the executive looks. But still, BMW follows the motto of the ultimate driving machine.

Therefore, why didn't they give this a slight character like they did with the F30? (Aggressive front stance which almost screams - "I AM ANGRY").

Oh well. Maybe I am stretching my imagination a little too much here.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 5th February 2019 at 15:13. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
rahul_jo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 09:26   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: -
Posts: 335
Thanked: 734 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Relevant import data:

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-capture.jpg

Source
MunnabhaiMBBS is offline  
Old 19th September 2016, 09:47   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
pedrolourenco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Margao, Goa
Posts: 1,062
Thanked: 1,062 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

The new Mercedes C & E class were radically different from the previous 2 models. The S too. The new Audi A4 looks almost identical to the old one. Now the 5 series looks similar to the previous model. Well we may be able to see the difference, but will the Aam Janta be able to spot the difference?
pedrolourenco is offline  
Old 19th September 2016, 22:33   #39
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,088
Thanked: 20,760 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

In this month's CAR (the original UK edition), I was reading Georg Kacher's verdict (one of the most respected independent journalists out there) after driving three prototypes - 540, 530Xd and a 530i.

Verdict - nice, driver focussed but its merely a scaled down 7. It does not move the game on compared to its predecessor. The E class has really moved the game on in terms of fit, finish, styling and technology compared to its predecessor. The forthcoming A6 has its work cut out

Last edited by ajmat : 20th September 2016 at 08:23.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2016, 23:18   #40
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,652
Thanked: 16,185 Times
Default Scoop: 2016 BMW 5 Series (next-gen) caught testing. EDIT: Imported into India

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
Is it just me or does this resemble the new 7 series quite a lot? In fact, looks like the little brother of the 7.

I know this topic is fairly subjective, however, personally speaking - It looks somewhat boring. I know this is an executive saloon thus the executive looks. But still, BMW follows the motto of the ultimate driving machine.

Therefore, why didn't they give this a slight character like they did with the F30? (Aggressive front stance which almost screams - "I AM ANGRY").

Oh well. Maybe I am stretching my imagination a little too much here.

You are correct in your point of view, the upcoming 5 series is definitely a scaled down version of the 7'er.

This design language of marriage of grille + headlamps was set by the F30( but an angrier face) We will have to wait till the new gen 3 series is out which should borrow the design cues from the 'i models' & then likewise the 7 & 5 will copy that

Last edited by karan561 : 19th September 2016 at 23:33.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2016, 22:00   #41
BHPian
 
Activ8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 90
Thanked: 62 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_jo View Post
Is it just me or does this resemble the new 7 series quite a lot? In fact, looks like the little brother of the 7.

But still, BMW follows the motto of the ultimate driving machine. Maybe I am stretching my imagination a little too much here.
I don't think BMW themselves would agree they make 'ultimate driving machines' anymore since the move to more comfort oriented mass-market pleasing vehicles that have to be soft and cushioned so their brand conscious, but non enthusiast clientele (majority) is cocooned from the road and actual driving feedback. Infact in the US they've changed the slogan to "sheer driving pleasure" as the video above shows since they can't obviously claim 'ultimate' in the era of McLarens and Paganis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
In this month's CAR (the original UK edition), I was reading Georg Kacher's verdict - It does not move the game on compared to its predecessor.
No doubt. BMW has been caught with their pants down trying to sell some fake 'carbon-core' hype and a mere evolutionary car from the F10 as an all-new chassis code G30 would suggest. Infact most test drives have put the new G-series cars from BMW as unnecessarily focused on cost cutting.

Here's a cheesy but first car-to-car comparo for the new 7 v the S:

(Carbon-core discussion from 10min 30sec in video)
Activ8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 23:34   #42
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,652
Thanked: 16,185 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Closest look of the G30 5'er;

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-bmw-5-series-m-sport-2.jpg

I have a feeling we might end up liking this design

Source: Bimmerpost

Last edited by karan561 : 26th September 2016 at 23:37.
karan561 is offline  
Old 27th September 2016, 00:24   #43
BHPian
 
M00M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 638
Thanked: 672 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Question is to wait for new 530D or to purchase the current gen 530D ? Suggestions guys ?
M00M is offline  
Old 27th September 2016, 09:19   #44
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 4,147
Thanked: 12,715 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Quote:
to wait for new 530D or to purchase the current gen 530D ? Suggestions guys ?
Probably wait for launch or near to, as of now discounts on 530-D are not more than 3-4 lac unless you are getting something better it will be a good idea to wait and to go for last units at large discounts. We will have more details of the new one at that time so you can take an informed decision but only if you can wait and have patience
Turbanator is offline  
Old 1st October 2016, 12:08   #45
Distinguished - BHPian
 
karan561's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,652
Thanked: 16,185 Times
Default re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

This render claims to be 100% accurate representation of the production car (after a closed door presentation organised by BMW in Latvia for prospective owners yesterday)

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-d519caes960.jpg

Image Source: Carscoops
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks