Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2020, 18:37   #511
BHPian

Re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

BMW 5 series Facelift coming

Here are some spy pics of the 5 series sedan facelift model from Motor1 expected to launch in 2021.

Noticeable changes are new headlights and taillights, similar to ones in the new 3 series.

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-2021bmw5seriesfaceliftspyphoto-1.jpg

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-2021bmw5seriesfaceliftspyphoto-2.jpg

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-2021bmw5seriesfaceliftspyphoto-3.jpg
Flyer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 09:16   #512
Senior - BHPian

Some pictures from the world premiere of the G30 facelift

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-847ba13e8a5548f89525c2781e674daa.jpeg

The kidney grill is now more wider, but thankfully is not big and ugly as in the other higher more expensive models.

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-40a82a3b60c04b79bb5fc6aa66e65572.jpeg

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-50c55c57ab4340da88fbc905a4ae7d26.jpeg

The new BMW 5 Series also premieres a major first for the brand: the aerodynamically optimized BMW Individual Air Performance Wheels. With an overall diameter of 20 inches, this new type of wheels displays a bi-color finish and an intricate design that enables drag reduction, a decrease in fuel consumption and an impressive visual attitude.

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-8d3579ae5d8d4620adb76dab84cf93eb.jpeg

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-7d095559341e4f7ca84c7b68eca1744e.jpeg

The new speedo and tacho now has the similar design as the new G20 3. Preferred te current look though over this.

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-35a71a36c4bc49558fd89ab4ef17f5cf.jpeg

Source: https://www.bmwblog.com/2020/05/26/b...ries-facelift/

Last edited by SnS_12 : 16th July 2020 at 09:33.
SnS_12 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 19:53   #513
BHPian

This is a video uploaded just today.

The new G30 LCI (Life cycle Impulse) code for facelift.
The new 5 series facelift has been launched, new trims, new infotainment and the taillights are absolutely stunning!

THe m sport package with all that carbon fibre is just S-E-X-Y

And get a load of those jet black wheels!

Sadly I don't know how many of those changes will make way to the indian g30

Last edited by viXit : 31st August 2020 at 20:06. Reason: changed from question to update
Old 31st August 2020, 20:00   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viXit View Post
THis is a video uploaded just today.
A new 5 series?

looks very similar to g30 or is it just a facelift like he says in the video
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=Lh4xMqL7GXM
It is the new G30 LCI that's expected to come to India soon. It is a facelift of the existing G30 and not an all new model.
dealer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2020, 20:09   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealer View Post
It is the new G30 LCI that's expected to come to India soon. It is a facelift of the existing G30 and not an all new model.
yes indeed, I'm sorry I hadn't checked the thread earlier.
Saw the video on my youtube homepage and Shared it without checking in the fit of excitement.

I always felt that although the g30 was less muscular and imposing than the F10.
But the M performance package takes advantage of that sleek and sexy shape and makes it so sharp and stunning.

Any clue as to what that gloss black plate in the front air dam is?
It isn't present on all variants.

A radar based driver assistance system??

Last edited by viXit : 31st August 2020 at 20:11. Reason: typo
Old 10th September 2020, 17:35   #516
BHPian

Guys just about to complete 3 years with my 530D M sport. Absolutely happy with it and love the performance. The only thing i miss with the performance is some sporty sound. Is there any way to make the car sound sportier?
Old 20th September 2020, 01:27   #517

Hey Everyone,

Long time lurker. First Time Poster!
I bought my G30 (530i M Sport) in September 2019 .

I've had the car for a more than a year now and these are my observations-

1. The car drives brilliantly; albeit, does feel a little overpowered at times. Many times while driving down a good road with slight traffic that covers all lanes, I tend to get impatient.
Haven't really experienced this in the past with less powerful cars. Good problem to have though.

2. I have the adaptive M Sport suspension which sits lower than the regular suspension. Consequently, speed bumps have been my nemesis. I have scraped the lower side skirts countless times. The scratches are on the underside though and not directly visible; so, I've stopped thinking about them too much.

3. Another point about the suspension. The suspension is electronic and probably very delicate. Little worried that it'll cost a bomb to replace when it goes out.
The suspension is the primary reason I am considering going for the extended warranty.
I have almost a year to decide though. What do you guys suggest?

4. The car feels a little too large sometimes. It absolutely shines on the highway but city traffic (Delhi) tends to bog me down. Though I do have other smaller cars, I tend to use this as my daily driver. I like to think that it probably deprecates the same whether I drive it often or not so might as well do. I think the fact that I moved back to Delhi after several years in California might have something to do with the car feeling this way and the traffic getting a bit overwhelming. I am hoping this will improve with time.

5. I do want to take the car on longer drives. But with the entire virus situation, extended weekend getaways haven't been possible. I am definitely looking forward to taking the car further out of the city once the situation improves though.

6. A question. Scooters and Motorcycles seem to have it for me and I've got a few nicks on the bumpers. Is going to the dealer to get these fixed worth sacrificing the NCB? What about BMW's smart repair? I don't have a lot of experience with car ownership in India; and don't know if if makes sense.

Overall, the car has been pretty nice so far and I got a great discount purchasing it from Bird in Gurgaon last year (about 11 lacs). Overall an excellent purchase!

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-img_7919.jpg

The car a couple days after I bought it.
g30ian94 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 02:10   #518
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by g30ian94 View Post
I bought my G30 (530i M Sport)
Congrats and welcome to the forum!

Quote:
does feel a little overpowered at times. I tend to get impatient.
There’s an Eco-Pro mode too

Quote:
The scratches are on the underside though and not directly visible; so, I've stopped thinking about them too much.
Most BMW’s get adequate covering on the underbody, something to with aerodynamics or otherwise. As long nothing gets damaged, you should be ok. Can ignore minor scuffs.

Quote:
The suspension is the primary reason I am considering going for the extended warranty.
5 series does not get Air Suspension, depending on the Year / kits we get M dynamic or regular. Not expensive to replace and last a long.

Quote:
Extended warranty is absolutely must. You will easily recover (I should not say but it’s a fact) There is an increase from October so buy it at once.

Quote:
The car feels a little too large sometimes. I think the fact that I moved back to Delhi after several years in California might have something to do with the car feeling this way and the traffic getting a bit overwhelming.
Don’t worry, you will get used to Indian traffic soon. This car wraps around you like none other. I regularly drive my 7 in choc-a-bloc traffic easily

Quote:
I've got a few nicks on the bumpers. Is going to the dealer to get these fixed worth sacrificing the NCB? What about BMW's smart repair?
I haven’t tried smart repair but the last time I asked, they refused citing double layer of metal and all. I got it done from outside for pocket change. If you are worried for future, get PPF. If budget is not a concern, try this guy T&R Autoworks. He will handle the nicks as well. I haven’t personally used but few other knowns have and are happy.

https://www.xpel.com/clearbra-instal...elhi-ncr/delhi
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 04:31   #519
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

3. Another point about the suspension. The suspension is electronic and probably very delicate. Little worried that it'll cost a bomb to replace when it goes out.

Congratulations on the 530i. The car looks a beauty! Wishing you tens of thousands of miles and smiles.

+1 to Turbanator. Extended warranty is a must with BMW. I would say take the maximum 6 years BRI, or at least the 5 year. As you guessed, spares and service cost a bomb and an extended warranty will give you peace of mind.

I recently extended the BSI+ for my 3GT and the service manager was mentioning that the BRI and BSI may be increased in October or November

+1 to Turbanator again. I would suggest you go for it before an increase.

PS: Last week the wheel speed sensor in my GT was replaced under warranty and the warranty service invoice was about 12K. This was a formal invoice that the service center raises for BMW. I did not have to pay a penny. Without warranty, this would have been easily 15K to 20K.
graaja is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 08:45   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Everyone,

Long time lurker. First Time Poster!

Congrats! G30 platform is an absolute pleasure to drive and wish you a safe and sound ownership.

And as others mentioned, please do opt for the extended warranty. I believe certain period of manufactured cars (17-19 may be?) are plagued with weak A/C related issues. It would be diagnosed to storage evaporator and related parts. I own a 18' 540ix here in states and in past 1year its been to shop more than 3 times for the A/C issue. With the latest stint, its been in the shop for a week and been returned back. From SA's words Looks like the entire evaporator has been superseded to a new design (probably of new 5). Its on a special order from Germany and might take 7-8weeks to arrive. per him a TSB may be issued at a later stage, but he wasn't sure either.

Wasn't my intention to panic you. Just wanted to give an heads-up. Occasionally blast the A/C full at low temp, if you suspect weakness then give sir BMW a visit

Mod Note - Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!

Last edited by Sheel : 20th September 2020 at 09:53. Reason: Mod note attached.
ldk2 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 14:22   #521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Congrats and welcome to the forum!
Thank you so much! Very excited to be here

Quote:
There’s an Eco-Pro mode too
Yeah, seems like a good idea using that in traffic when I don't need the power. Also might save a little petrol.

Quote:
5 series does not get Air Suspension, depending on the Year / kits we get M dynamic or regular. Not expensive to replace and last a long.
I do know it's not air; it is electronic though. I was checking suspension parts on Bilstein's website and their B6 Damptronics which work with EDC are close to twice the price of their regular B6s. Consequently, I figured that OEM shocks would also be twice the regular non adaptive BMW shocks.
Further, I also checked with my service advisor at Bird when the car went in for its first service and he said the car might need significant suspension work by year 5 with an estimated cost of 4-5 lacs for an entire suspension overhaul. He was probably exaggerating though. It'll most likely be just a shocks replacement. Regardless will get the EW.

Quote:
Extended warranty is absolutely must. You will easily recover (I should not say but it’s a fact) There is an increase from October so buy it at once.
Thank you. Will get in touch with the after sales advisor at Bird and purchase it. Not sure how many years i should go for though. Will definitely go for at least 5 years. Not sure about year 6. The cost goes up exponentially. But that is probably because they expect a few parts to fail by year 6.

Quote:
I haven’t tried smart repair but the last time I asked, they refused citing double layer of metal and all. I got it done from outside for pocket change. If you are worried for future, get PPF. If budget is not a concern, try this guy T&R Autoworks. He will handle the nicks as well. I haven’t personally used but few other knowns have and are happy.
Probably would not get PPF especially since I've got a few dings already. Doesn't Denting/Painting from an external service center void the warranty on my car? My father has been going to International Auto for most repairs on his Audi for several years now. Pretty good value and service according to him. He is a very careful driver though unlike me who he calls "anadi driver" :P so hasn't had much work done. But yeah, external body shops are going to be way cheaper if they don't void the warranty.

Thank you for your help, Turbanator! Really appreciate all the car ownership wisdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Congratulations on the 530i. The car looks a beauty! Wishing you tens of thousands of miles and smiles.
Thank you for your wishes, graaja!

Quote:
+1 to Turbanator. Extended warranty is a must with BMW. I would say take the maximum 6 years BRI, or at least the 5 year. As you guessed, spares and service cost a bomb and an extended warranty will give you peace of mind.

I recently extended the BSI+ for my 3GT and the service manager was mentioning that the BRI and BSI may be increased in October or November

+1 to Turbanator again. I would suggest you go for it before an increase.

PS: Last week the wheel speed sensor in my GT was replaced under warranty and the warranty service invoice was about 12K. This was a formal invoice that the service center raises for BMW. I did not have to pay a penny. Without warranty, this would have been easily 15K to 20K.
Yes, definitely thinking about going for the warranty. Though we do have an older Audi that we did not get EW for, with the sheer number of expensive prone -to - failure sensors and electronics in modern BMWs, it makes a lot more sense to get the EW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldk2 View Post
Congrats! G30 platform is an absolute pleasure to drive and wish you a safe and sound ownership.

!
Thank you for your wishes, idk2!

Yes, pretty convinced now to go for the EW. Thank for the tip on the air conditioning. Will run the AC on full blast at least once a month and keep an eye out for potential issues.

Best,

Note from Mod - please use the Multiquote function instead of separate replies

Last edited by manson : 25th September 2020 at 02:23. Reason: Deleted blank rows.
g30ian94 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 13:15   #522

Hey Everyone,

Quick update. Ended up buying the Extended Warranty for my car.

@Turbanator- You were right, they are expecting a price increase in the fist week of November.
Thank you for the heads up!
g30ian94 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 17:15   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Everyone,

Quick update. Ended up buying the Extended Warranty for my car.

@Turbanator- You were right, they are expecting a price increase in the fist week of November.
Thank you for the heads up!
Of the cars, or the extended warranties? I am looking for 3, but the discounts are worth it right now so have been waiting for year end. Bird and other dealers have been hoaxing on the price increase from Oct, and now you are talking about Nov.

Anybody had the last word here?
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 18:14   #524
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post

Anybody had the last word here?
When I was discussing about the BSI extension for my 330i GT, the service manager mentioned about prices going up in November.

PS: I upgraded from a 3yr/40k BSI+ to 6yr/120k package.
graaja is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 20:08   #525

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Of the cars, or the extended warranties? I am looking for 3, but the discounts are worth it right now so have been waiting for year end. Bird and other dealers have been hoaxing on the price increase from Oct, and now you are talking about Nov.
Talking about the Extended Warranty. The prices for extended warranty are slated to go up from November.

Yes, but, should be a good time to get a car as well. I was looking into getting an X3. They are barely pushing any volume right now so the discounts are good. I would think they 'll get even better as we move into October since the allowed depreciation expense for business buyers will go down in the 2nd half of the year.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks