Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2017, 22:52   #136
BHPian

re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
M760Li has been launched the TVC is running on various channels like NDTV
What I meant was, the first batch of customer cars are coming.
One has already been delivered in Mumbai
Old 4th June 2017, 00:03   #137
BHPian

Launch on the 29th of June confirmed. I just received my e-mail invite today. Anybody attending the event in Mumbai?
Old 6th June 2017, 13:38   #138
BHPian

With the new generation launch due later this month, any news on any discounts being offered on the existing 530d? I checked with the one and only dealer in Hyderabad and the best they could offer was 6 lacs of the on road price, which includes discounts due to the 360 degree promotion that BMW is currently running as part of the pre GST offer. Overall, they are offering a 3 lac discount on the ex-showroom price which doesn't really make me want to even think about it given the new generation of the car is said to match the levels of the 7 series when it comes to interior quality and even features.
Old 6th June 2017, 13:51   #139
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
With the new generation launch due later this month, any news on any discounts being offered on the existing 530d? I checked with the one and only dealer in Hyderabad and the best they could offer was 6 lacs of the on road price, which includes discounts due to the 360 degree promotion that BMW is currently running as part of the pre GST offer. Overall, they are offering a 3 lac discount on the ex-showroom price which doesn't really make me want to even think about it given the new generation of the car is said to match the levels of the 7 series when it comes to interior quality and even features.
The 3 series thread had a post saying there were discounts of upto 10 lacs (on road) on the 530d. Similar news is in this month's Autocar magazine as well. Would be a decent deal but I would recommend it only if for some reason you like the F10s design more.
Because do keep in mind that it would also fetch a lower resale value( 3-5 lacs) if you sell it after a few years as compared to the newer model. So the discount won't seem that big. Infact wait till the end of the year or early next year, I'm very sure there will easily be discounts of 5L and up on the new 5. That's just how BMW India seems to roll
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 16:17   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
The 3 series thread had a post saying there were discounts of upto 10 lacs (on road) on the 530d. Similar news is in this month's Autocar magazine as well. ....
Thanks for pointing this out. I checked out the 3 series thread and folks have got 10 lacs discount on the OTR price for a 320d luxury line .

What's more, the dealer in Chennai who is offering that discount is the same as the one in Hyderabad, KUN. So am thinking if a 320d luxury line can fetch a 10 lac discount on the OTR price, a much more expensive 530d, which is being replaced by a new generation later this month, should fetch a heck of a lot more discount, especially given it's the same dealer, albeit in a different city.

Have a question here for existing 530d owners. How much of a discount should I be looking for on the current generation car to make it an attractive proposition, given the new car offers a lot more in terms of interior quality, fit and finish, features and all the other benefits associated to a whole new generation of car?

Last edited by khan_sultan : 5th February 2019 at 15:18. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 6th June 2017, 16:43   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
How much of a discount should I be looking for on the current generation car to make it an attractive proposition
It's around 10-12 lac here in North but possible to get 15 as well. Do check if they have any 2016 MY or only 2017 ( Soft close doors are now standard)

Anything below 15 is not attractive in my opinion, remember you will be buying a 7-year-old car ( though they have upgraded it every now & then )

As others have suggested, better wait for the new one.

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th June 2017 at 16:44.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 18:40   #142
BHPian

Quote:
The 3 series thread had a post saying there were discounts of upto 10 lacs (on road) on the 530d. Similar news is in this month's Autocar magazine as well. ....
3 Series has a deal in order to create the gap to GT

The price at which F10 is trading, IMO it is value for money. The 5 luxury line MY 2017 is well loaded but it's already stocked out. You may get 520d M Sports but most of the dealers are stocked out as well.

Few 530d may be had but considering the prevailing discounts and the pre GST stock clearance they may be out of stock as well.

Lastly on discounts on G30, if I look at the X1 and GT they are no easy discounts to the tune of 5 Lacs. It's just about taking chances but can't be said for sure that there will be 5 Lacs discount on the new 5 Series next year.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 5th February 2019 at 15:18. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
Old 6th June 2017, 18:49   #143
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamerBoy View Post
....Lastly on discounts on G30, if I look at the X1 and GT they are no easy discounts to the tune of 5 Lacs. It's just about taking chances but can't be said for sure that there will be 5 Lacs discount on the new 5 Series next year.
The X1 had discounts of 4 lacs easily and keep in mind that it costs only half as much as what the 530d will cost when it comes out. So a 5L discount is not difficult.

And the GT has discounts on the Luxury line 320d as well , a Bhpian had posted about the buying experience recently and it sounded like he got a really good discount

agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 19:02   #144
Distinguished - BHPian

BMW India starts online booking of All New 5 series :

I just found this new website.

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-img_20170606_190129.jpg

http://www.bmw5series.in/
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 19:07   #145
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
In Mumbai you can get about 12-14 lacs off on the f10 530d. In fact the dealer here even has one unregistered car done some 3k kms for a great price. I can put you in touch if you are interested.
Akshay1234 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 19:53   #146
BHPian

Quote:
The 3 series thread had a post saying there were discounts of upto 10 lacs (on road) on the 530d. Similar news is in this month's Autocar magazine as well. Would be a decent deal but I would recommend it only if for some reason you like the F10s design more.
Because do keep in mind that it would also fetch a lower resale value( 3-5 lacs) if you sell it after a few years as compared to the newer model. So the discount won't seem that big. Infact wait till the end of the year or early next year, I'm very sure there will easily be discounts of 5L and up on the new 5. That's just how BMW India seems to roll
Absolutely spot on!

Anyone know if BMW plans on having an initial batch of CBU's as launch editions, or will they be assembled in India right off the bat?
Old 6th June 2017, 20:19   #147
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post
Absolutely spot on!

Anyone know if BMW plans on having an initial batch of CBU's as launch editions, or will they be assembled in India right off the bat?
Bmw hasn't done this traditionally, so I don't expect them to do it now. Also the first drive that Autocar did was in the BMW plant itself, so I think it's most likely that they will assemble here from the start itself.
Old 7th June 2017, 09:08   #148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Bmw hasn't done this traditionally, so I don't expect them to do it now. Also the first drive that Autocar did was in the BMW plant itself, so I think it's most likely that they will assemble here from the start itself.
Actually , you are wrong, when the E90 3 came out first in India, they were imported.
Old 7th June 2017, 09:56   #149
BHPian

Had another discussion with the sales guy yesterday and he is willing to offer a discount of 6 lacs on the ex-showroom price. Told him about the fact that dealers in Mumbai and other parts of the country were offering up to 12 lacs of discount on the outgoing 530d and how some folks on here got a 10 lac discount on the 3 series luxury line in Chennai. To that he said the Chennai discounts were probably because the cars being sold are refurbished cars that were affected by the floods last year. Told him that the dealer in Chennai is the same as the one he is working for. Anyway, going by some of the posts here am tempted to wait for the new generation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
In Mumbai you can get about 12-14 lacs off on
the f10 530d. In fact the dealer here even has one unregistered car done some 3k kms for a great price. I can put you in touch if you are interested.
Thanks a lot for the offer. To be honest, I originally went to BMW to check out the X3 because my wife loves that car although I am not a fan of its boxy looks. Once at the showroom, we were drawn to the 3 and 5 series and although we checked out the X3 eventually, our heads were turned by the sedans. So, we are still debating whether or not another sedan makes sense (we have an Octavia 1.8 TSi). But thanks for the offer. Will let you know in case we do decided to proceed with the current generation of the 530d.
Old 7th June 2017, 11:09   #150
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Actually , you are wrong, when the E90 3 came out first in India, they were imported.
I think that was only the 325i models IIRC?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks