Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2017, 11:31   #151
Team-BHP Support

re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny310c View Post
To that he said the Chennai discounts were probably because the cars being sold are refurbished cars that were affected by the floods last year. Told him that the dealer in Chennai is the same as the one he is working for. Anyway, going by some of the posts here am tempted to wait for the new generation.
The rubbish these salesguys can talk sometimes astounds me! The new generation is supposed to start at 55 ex showroom for the 530i. The 530d will apparently be more than the current one. It is supposed to be an excellent car to drive though. But if I got a current 530d for 50 ex showroom (which is very much possible) I would have to really think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
I think that was only the 325i models IIRC?
Even some 320ds, and 320is were imported. This was in 2007 if I remember correctly.
Old 7th June 2017, 13:29   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
The rubbish these salesguys can talk sometimes astounds me!
I know. He kept insisting that the only way people were getting such heavy discounts were because the cars were refurbished.

Quote:
[b]But if I got a current 530d for 50 ex showroom (which is very much possible) I would have to really think about it.
At 50 ex-showroom, I would be compelled to give it very very serious thought. Right now, the offer on the table is 57 ex-showroom. As for the upcoming 530d, the same guy said it should be 2 - 4 lacs more than the outgoing model.
Old 7th June 2017, 14:03   #153
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
As for the upcoming 530d, the same guy said it should be 2 - 4 lacs more than the outgoing model.
No, as per my information it should be about 61 Lac Ex-Showroom Delhi which will be little less than the outgoing one. Don't bother answering or checking with such sales guys - to my understanding Dealers are under tremendous pressure to liquidate inventories and most of them have stopped lifting anything. BMW India has offered the deal on remaining 5 series they had to all dealers, it's just that due to kind of cartelization, dealers are holding discounting. Sit tight and tell this chap to call you if he wants to give 15 Lac off. The government has allowed only 60 % input credit on the Excise paid so these guys will have to pay 43 % GST from 1st July on all the fresh billing.

Quote:
Anyone know if BMW plans on having an initial batch of CBU's as launch editions, or will they be assembled in India right off the bat?
All CKD, it's being a while since BMW India stopped producing current 5.

New Demo Cars are headed to dealerships and test drives should be available by mid/end of next week. There are reasonable allocations as well. But the most important question is does it make sense to buy a BMW at launch at List price or wait for 4-6 months and then buy @ 10-15 % Discount?

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th June 2017 at 14:13.
Turbanator is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 7th June 2017, 19:54   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
New Demo Cars are headed to dealerships and test drives should be available by mid/end of next week. There are reasonable allocations as well. But the most important question is does it make sense to buy a BMW at launch at List price or wait for 4-6 months and then buy @ 10-15 % Discount?
If you don't have a pressing need, makes sense to wait since these are anyways CKD. Small niggles will also be sorted by then, and I'd expect most buyers to get the E class for the rear seat experience.

Unless BMW goes the Mercedes way, with their better kitted out launch editions - then it makes sense.
lamborghini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 11:04   #155
Senior - BHPian

New-gen BMW 5-Series: Production begins at Chennai plant

BMW has announced the commencement of production of the seventh-generation 5-Series at its manufacturing facility in Chennai. The car is assembled at the Chennai plant from imported completely knocked down (CKD) kits. The mid-size luxury sedan will be launched in India on June 29, 2017.

The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-unnamed.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 14th June 2017 at 11:07.
dZired is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 12:30   #156
Team-BHP Support

Yes, an initial lot from the local assembly is now at BMW Gurgaon & sales guys from dealerships are being trained.

As per information, 520-D in luxury line is feature loaded, apart from M Kit & Head-Up display has almost all features as in the 530-D ( Minus 2 cylinders )

Sadly laser lights from 7 won't make to any variants in 5 series.

Last edited by Turbanator : 14th June 2017 at 12:33.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 15:46   #157
BHPian

Features, looks and product-wise, the new 5 series and E-Class have made their older siblings; the 7 and the S seem quite expensive due to the prices. The new 530d at 61 odd lacs ex showroom, is nearly 75% of the 7 series at less than half the price.
Porcupine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 16:08   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post
Features, looks and product-wise, the new 5 series and E-Class have made their older siblings; the 7 and the S seem quite expensive due to the prices. The new 530d at 61 odd lacs ex showroom, is nearly 75% of the 7 series at less than half the price.
The new 530d is certainly not 75% of the 7 series on an overall level unless you are comparing just some electronic features. The E-class LWB I could say to some extent is close to the S-class as it has been stretched. The new 5 is now LWB.
Old 14th June 2017, 20:46   #159
BHPian

I've recently covered a few hundred kms in the new 5 Series (530d and 520d). All the trims look great and the car drives better than ever. Happy to see the competition bringing out such great products. Win-win for the potential customers in this segment.

Disclosure: I am a non-exclusive consultant for BMW. This post is my personal opinion as a T-bhpian and is not sponsored/endorsed.
goingout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 20:52   #160
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingout View Post
I've recently covered a few hundred kms in the new 5 Series (530d and 520d). All the trims look great and the car drives better than ever. Happy to see the competition bringing out such great products. Win-win for the potential customers in this segment.

Disclosure: I am a non-exclusive consultant for BMW. This post is my personal opinion as a T-bhpian and is not sponsored/endorsed.
What about the 530i? I believe that is coming too right? How is the ride and handling? I found the F10 lci with 18 inch rims a bit too busy all the time, and the suspension had been softened up way too much.
Akshay1234 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 21:12   #161
BANNED

Autocar India has reported that BMW will launch the newly revealed 6 GT in 2018 auto expo to take on the LWB E class. A masterstroke I must say, that i did not see coming. The 6 GT has a longer wheelbase as standard, only 9 mm shorter than the Long E class. It will also be CKD (a la the 3GT) and with its much better looks than the previous hedious 5GT, it could be a good seller.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 21:17   #162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
A masterstroke I must say, that i did not see coming.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intern...time-ever.html

This is the new 6GT, and except for the name - I feel it's just the new 5GT. I don't find it desirable at all.

A majority of Indians should still go for the classic sedan stance of the LWB E class, and I don't think the 6GT will be any sort of competition for it.
Old 14th June 2017, 21:48   #163
BHPian

Quote:
What about the 530i? I believe that is coming too right? How is the ride and handling? I found the F10 lci with 18 inch rims a bit too busy all the time, and the suspension had been softened up way too much.
Haven't driven the 530i yet. F10 has always been considered as one of the best handling cars. The G30 is even better. In both ride comfort and spirited driving.

The new HUD and M sport steering is a thing to behold.

Looks are subjective. In my opinion the car looks much nicer in person (even more when you notice the fine details). Today I spent an hour admiring the 530D (which was in a very nice colour combo).

In Feb 2017 right before the first closed room reveal. I was part of a small panel of BMW group people who were asked about what features we would like to see in the car and how much we would be willing to pay for them. Being a T-bhpian, I kept voting for most of them to be standard

Now I should stop talking before I receive a call from the HQ lol.

Last edited by goingout : 14th June 2017 at 21:58.
goingout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2017, 23:49   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingout View Post
F10 has always been considered as one of the best handling cars.
I was told F10 was the worst handling 5 ever.

Quote:
Now I should stop talking before I receive a call from the HQ lol.
Thanks for sharing the details, but keep your job safe
sriramv.iyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2017, 09:09   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porcupine View Post
The new 530d at 61 odd lacs ex showroom, is nearly 75% of the 7 series at less than half the price.
Is this confirmed news? I know bhpian Turbanator mentioned the same figure (ex-showroom Delhi). Did you get similar information or are you just quoting what he said? Just curious because 61 would make it cheaper than the current generation.

Given that the launch is just a day before GST comes into play, obviously, BMW would take account for that in the prices. Maybe that is why the rumoured prices are cheaper than the current generation.

Most Viewed