Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2018, 20:06   #391
Senior - BHPian

Re: The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishad.hameed View Post
Thank you Turbanator. I live in a city where bumper to bumper traffic flows a lot and we have enough time in red lights.

BTW guys is G30 equipped with active cruise control?
Answering to a quite old question:
No. The Radar guided cruise control is not allowed in India due to frequency used by those radars. It is the same reason why most if not all manufacturers have not yet brought in the "blind spot assist".

Correct me if I am wrong, Volvo is the only manufacturer to offer this in its Indian models. How they did it, I don't know!

Last edited by AlphaKilo : 2nd July 2018 at 20:09.
AlphaKilo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 20:15   #392
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
How they did it, I don't know!
Volvo cars' ACC works on a frequency band which was delicensed by the Indian govt. (among few other bands) during 2016.

Here's an Autocar link about it - https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ech-war-403027
Gannu_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 21:51   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Volvo cars' ACC works on a frequency band which was delicensed by the Indian govt. (among few other bands) during 2016.

Here's an Autocar link about it - https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ech-war-403027
Oh nice! Thanks for the link. So for now its only the Volvo, I know for sure that the BMWs here in Germany have one of the best (second to Mercedes) radar guided system. There are other manufacturers who do have more tech implemented but like their idrive, the BMW is the most mature one, second only to the Mercedes system from my personal user experience.

It would be interesting to hear from the indian users, how well such systems work in Indian traffic conditions.

Last edited by AlphaKilo : 2nd July 2018 at 21:58.
Old 3rd July 2018, 05:44   #394
BHPian

Thank you guys. BTW I managed to get Apple CarPlay on my Nov 2017 G30. BMW India had made their verdict as this isn’t equipped with pre-2018 release.
Attached Thumbnails
The next-gen BMW 5-Series (G30). EDIT: Launched at Rs. 49.90 lakh-69913e06e641457a90170efca3783728.jpeg  

nishad.hameed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 12:22   #395
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
Thanks, I'm not inclined towards a 4 cyl, but I am not particularly interested in buying a diesel, my cars don't do more than 7-8k an year and the extra cost is just unjustifiable (Therefore the only Diesel I am considering is the 530d for the engine performance), also having driven the E200 Petrol, I value the city traffic refinement of the petrols now, Unfortunately there's no 6 cylinder Petrol offered these day else that would've been my first pick.
Thank you
I have a G30 530i with the imperial blue exterior and the cognac interior. I really like the color combination and would recommend it. Much easier to keep any stains or dirt hidden. However, it is a lot up to personal tastes. I found the beige on the 530i to be too light colored.

I know the engine performance of 530i is not of the order of the 530D, but the in-city drivability is very good and the outright highway acceleration times (0-100) is only a faction of a second behind 530D (6.1 seconds for 530i versus 5.8 seconds for 530D) It is clearly way faster than the typical 4 cylinder diesels out there such as the Benz E220, Volvo S90, Audi A6 or even the BMW's own 520D (7.8 seconds)

I think Turbonator's experience with 630i may have been not so good because it is pretty much the same engine pulling a lot more weight and surface area of the extended wheelbase car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishad.hameed View Post
Thank you guys. BTW I managed to get Apple CarPlay on my Nov 2017 G30. BMW India had made their verdict as this isn’t equipped with pre-2018 release.
Hi Nishad, how did you manage this? I have an August 2017 manufactured car, do you know if it is possible to activate this on all 2017 cars?

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 3rd July 2018 at 12:26.
84.monsoon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 12:38   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Should definitely try given your preference of petrol. If you are ok with 530i engine, Lexus with hybrid should be fine as well. Perhaps you can take a drive of the existing one as I don’t expect the powertrain to be radically different. They won’t give discounts on the new model though.

BTW what are offers on polestar?
Will start checking out the EH.

On the Polestar, I've been quoted just a shade over 50 OTR in Delhi , I am sure can be negotiated a bit more.
np23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 12:55   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Hi Nishad, how did you manage this? I have an August 2017 manufactured car, do you know if it is possible to activate this on all 2017 cars?

I have a guy who can check the compatibility based on the VIN. You may PM me if possible.
Old 3rd July 2018, 14:02   #398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You can contact bimmercarplay.com directly and they will let you know, costs $199.
Old 3rd July 2018, 14:16   #399
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have an August 2017 manufactured car, do you know if it is possible to activate this on all 2017 cars?
There is a thread where another TBHP member has explained how he got CarPlay activated in his G30.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...eries-g30.html

However, I would think twice before getting any third party firmware updates to enable CarPlay, that too this early in your ownership. Check out the below post from another member in another thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/luxury...ml#post4420129

Quoting from this post for reference:

Quote:
My car is having 5 years BRI package. And to my fortune I did lots of mod (coding) to my car with-in few weeks of delivery. I am not going deep into that. But due to my utter foolishness, last month during brake oil renewal, I asked service center to update Bluetooth software of the car as I was not able to pair my iPhone X with the car from last year. Service center failed to update same & expert from BMW corporate office turned up. And he found it all.

Initially service center refused to comment anything but asked me to deposit 70K to replace gear ECU. They also told me other than ECU one more part will be required (in excess of 100K), which will be given by BMW under my BRI. I did felt something is wrong, and to my luck I have a known person in the BMW corporate office & requested him to inquire & solved this issue (over phone). Received a call back with-in an hour from him. He explained me, one of the communication bus unit (costing 100K+) knocked off due to this coding & car’s complete coding registration has been changed. They don’t want to do any change in the system as it is done outside. And they want me to pay 70K to replace Gear ECU (As I had SAT activated), or else they may De-activate my BRI.
OT, This is the very reason why I am going for BMW OE M Sport suspension setup and dashcam for my 330i GT. Though I could have easily saved 50% by going for aftermarket suspensions and dashcam, I went with BMW parts to keep the BRI and BSI intact. I was tempted to get the CarPlay activation done by the third party, but now I have decided to wait for either BMW to bring this as an official upgrade or just live without CarPlay. It is just not worth the risk.
graaja is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 14:24   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
OT, This is the very reason why I am going for BMW OE M Sport suspension setup and dashcam for my 330i GT.
How much are they charging for the dash cam?
Old 3rd July 2018, 14:31   #401
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
How much are they charging for the dash cam?
26K for the camera and 9K for the installation. They have promised to reduce the installation charges at the time of invoicing. But from various inputs I took from other BMW owners, there is lot of variation in camera price and installation charge between various dealerships - total varies from 30K to 35K.
graaja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 15:51   #402
BHPian

Quote:
I have a G30 530i with the imperial blue exterior and the cognac interior. I really like the color combination and would recommend it. Much easier to keep any stains or dirt hidden. However, it is a lot up to personal tastes. I found the beige on the 530i to be too light colored.

I know the engine performance of 530i is not of the order of the 530D, but the in-city drivability is very good and the outright highway acceleration times (0-100) is only a faction of a second behind 530D (6.1 seconds for 530i versus 5.8 seconds for 530D) It is clearly way faster than the typical 4 cylinder diesels out there such as the Benz E220, Volvo S90, Audi A6 or even the BMW's own 520D (7.8 seconds)?
Thank you, as much as I prefer the black sapphire over the imperial blue, I do not want beige interiors hence settling in for the same combination as yours.
Also having driven it , I thought the engine was very light and responsive in the short Test Drive I took. Looking forward to a positive experience on it.

We've agreed in principle on the OTR Price and just waiting for a final offer on my F10 530D, getting much better quotes independently but for the sake of convenience and simplicity I want to sell it to BMW itself. It's such a well maintained and low mileage car with that cracker I6 pot, it pains me to see it go at the prices offered but unfortunately Diesels in NCR are a pain now.
Old 6th July 2018, 20:50   #403
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by np23 View Post
We've agreed in principle on the OTR Price and just waiting for a final offer on my F10 530D, getting much better quotes independently but for the sake of convenience and simplicity I want to sell it to BMW itself. It's such a well maintained and low mileage car with that cracker I6 pot, it pains me to see it go at the prices offered but unfortunately Diesels in NCR are a pain now.
Perhaps you can post your add in the classified or pictures in the famous thread by GTO
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 17:26   #404
BHPian

Thank you for your suggestions, have booked the G30 530i with the Cognac Tan interior and Imperial Blue Exterior combination, and have also exchanged my f10 with the dealership itself at a slightly lower price for the sake of convenience. The Car is at the plant right now, and I am travelling for a week so the tentative delivery will be in the last week of July. Looking forward to sharing the experience with fellow Bhpians.
Cheers
np23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th July 2018, 10:33   #405
BHPian

Fellow members, picking up my 530i on this coming Sunday, apart from the T BHP PDI Check list, any thing else to be taken care of in particular?
Also I've been given complimentary accessories worth Rs25,000, I was planning of the all weather mats and car cover? Any suggestions? Please don't suggest the body kits or spoilers etc as I will not be putting those.
What is the opinion on the door LED BMW Projectors, Battery starters etc?
I have retained the coat hanger from my F10 so not wasting money on that for the new one.
I'm attaching the list of accessories with the prices.
Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BMW NEW 5 SERIES ACCESSORIES.pdf (1.08 MB, 2599 views)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks