Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2013, 08:37   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mahindra says no to all-new cars until FY2016

They should have made a serious attempt at 5-seater SUV placed below XUV (unlike the Quanto). They were best positioned to achieve and execute that.
Not sure if they don't have the capacity/capability to design and ramp, parallel products.
Old 29th August 2013, 08:57   #17
BHPian

I think the title of the thread is a bit misleading. I remember that the statement issued by Mahindra was about "no new products to be introduced till 2015". If that is indeed the case, I do not see any reason to believe Mahindra is doing the wrong thing. Mahindra tested the XUV for aeons as it did the Quanto before launching them in the market. If the S 101 is all new as it is being claimed I don't think that it can be launched before 2015 anyway.

Given the fact that even after extensive testing Mahindra vehicles enter the market with niggles shows that Mahindra needs the development time. If they are saying that we will not hurry products into the market and we prefer to iron out glitches, then I would believe that it is good thinking. No point in flooding the market with vehicles that have lots of unsolved problems and then facing the customer's ire. For now they have enough products which can be tinkered with to keep giving us "all new" versions, so I think that it is game on for Mahindra.
sadsack is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 11:17   #18
BHPian

Don't think its all that bad news for Mahindra. They still have a lot to achieve with the XUV 500 (with sales having plummeted alarmingly in recent memory). A cut-price W4 version is already in the works, it appears! Moreover, seemingly they are also working on ironing the niggles of the XUV to give the customer a great ownership experience. That should keep them busy this year.
Also I think they must be looking at the Thar with a renewed outlook. There is quite evidently a market out there of 4x4 enthusiasts who will welcome a 'better' Thar (read better interiors, creature comforts, A/C, hard-top, quality in general etc.). This project itself should keep them busy for the foreseeable future. Perhaps, they are already working on such a version of the Thar based on the initial feedback received for the original.
And then there will be the face-lift, nip and tuck job for the Verito (sedan and hatch) in the next year or so, I presume!
Old 29th August 2013, 12:03   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
Oh! This makes me take a step back and probably wait to see what Mahindra does with the Bolero. I was considering getting myself the Bolero this week or the next!
It might end up being a long wait! This was a projected date from a casual conversation, and it was only for the chassis production. It's possible that Mahindra could have the chassis sitting around for months before beginning actual production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsack View Post
I think the title of the thread is a bit misleading. I remember that the statement issued by Mahindra was about "no new products to be introduced till 2015".
Not sure i get your point. What you've quoted and what the title says is almost the same thing (date aside)?

cya
R
Old 30th August 2013, 09:04   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
It might end up being a long wait! This was a projected date from a casual conversation, and it was only for the chassis production. It's possible that Mahindra could have the chassis sitting around for months before beginning actual production.
True. But I also hear that they might plonk the mHawk engine in the Bolero. Now that's something. Will it be worth the wait? I think so. BTW I'm in no real hurry as I have a Verna in the family (Bolero is a replacement for my Getz, which was stolen not too long ago from where I live, that's another story )

Last edited by Philistine : 30th August 2013 at 09:07.
Old 2nd January 2014, 20:33   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra plans 7-8 variants in 2014.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/28294024.cms
Old 2nd January 2014, 20:37   #22
BHPian

Good news to consumers who blindly go for contraptions from Mahindra. They can utilize this period to migrate technology from ssangyong and launch truly world class products in 2016.
Old 2nd January 2014, 22:46   #23
BHPian

This might not be absolutely relevant; but I can say for certain that Mahindra has a tendency to plan ahead regarding which models/variants it will introduce in the future. I noticed this when i got my Mahindra Bolero DI in February'13. A sticker which contains the Front and Rear recommended tyre pressure's was stuck on the inside of the driver's side door which contained the following models

DI (7 seater)
DI (9 seater)
SLE
SLX
ZLX
EX

Now i scrolled through my memory and the extensive research I had done before buying the Bolero and came to a conclusion that there was never a EX variant on the Bolero. Come November 2013 and up pops an EX model on the Mahindra Bolero website. It is basically a M2Dicr Bolero with absolutely nothing (not even a Power Steering)

So while they may not have product launches planned till 2016; they most definitely would have existing product additions/existing product variations ALREADY planned till 2016!

Last edited by rahul4321 : 2nd January 2014 at 22:47.
Old 3rd January 2014, 09:19   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

I am just kind of wondering that are those "7-8 variants"! I can NOT seem to get anything out of memory.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks