Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2013, 19:45   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Are the projectors shape and size same as the older head lamps? Of they are direct fit then it's a very good options for existing Verna customers to swap and upgrade to HID!!
Old 29th August 2013, 20:03   #17
BHPian

Re: 2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions

The verna is a very handsome car. The design still has enough svelte lines and creases in the right places to grab eyeballs. The projector headlamps with the DRLs look quite good.

Its the suspension and the bantamweight steering at high speeds that need to be addressed by hyundai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
IMO, it simply does not suits a manufacturer, esp. as big as Hyundai to copy paste the fluidic design on all its cars, all across the segments: right from Eon to i20 and from Verna to Elantra. Are they running out of designing ideas? Though, it does not looks bad, but my personal opinion is that this simply shows dearth of designing creativity at the auto major.
This is not unheard of. Many manufacturers are guilty of the same. Ford's kinetic design philosophy is one that comes to mind among many others.
gaurav_3000ad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 20:31   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
IMO, it simply does not suits a manufacturer, esp. as big as Hyundai to copy paste the fluidic design on all its cars, all across the segments: right from Eon to i20 and from Verna to Elantra. Are they running out of designing ideas? Though, it does not looks bad, but my personal opinion is that this simply shows dearth of designing creativity at the auto major.
I agree with what you say, but what i have observed is that the fluidic design has worked for hyundai & hence the copy-paste implementation over its other models. Designing/redesigning a car is a very expensive affair & when something is working, the basic instinct will be to utilise it to its max. As another member pointed out, once the novelty fades out, hyundai will have to work out something new.

Just my honest opinion, other may not )
appu.bhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 20:58   #19
BHPian

All manufacturers in India should learn a lesson or two from hyundai. Their commitment to keep pushing and refreshing their line ups are commendable. Verna is a rockstar in its class, and it's selling quite well. Most manufacturers don't bother bringing refresh on best selling models that often, but hyundai does it as frequently as possible. Look at i20,it's hardly 4-5 years and got 3 major, and 7 minor refresh.
I'm absolutely amazed with hyundai's product road maps.
Old 29th August 2013, 21:18   #20
BHPian

Yes, Hyundai is doing great job and they are on par with latest changes.

But, IMO, Every car in India is simply swiping the money with so-called features. I wish every car should be having ABS and driver airbag as mandatory and the remaining things as optional.
Old 29th August 2013, 21:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

Agree strongly but its not stopped the Verna from clocking high numbers and Hyundai is probably not going to make the change , i hope i am proved wrong , for a niche target audience for whom the suspension set up is going to matter i.e us.

They probably have a far better chance of incremental numbers with these design changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_3000ad View Post

Its the suspension and the bantamweight steering at high speeds that need to be addressed by hyundai.

Old 29th August 2013, 23:31   #22
BHPian

Woah! I didn't see this coming! Projectors look great on the Verna. Now all that is left is the poor ride quality. If the bouncy ride issue is sorted, Verna is one of the best value for money, feature loaded cars. Now I see what's with all that price is saved for.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 30th August 2013 at 09:09. Reason: Quote not necessary, removed. Please type posts with proper punctuation. Exclamation to end every sentence isn't required.
Old 29th August 2013, 23:48   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hope they have attempted to improve the poor high speed handling. Also , didnt like the new alloy rims.

What I like are the back lit switches and the projector headlights
Old 30th August 2013, 06:11   #24
BHPian

The headlights look great. I wonder if they would add these to the next gen i20 too with the option for existing owners to swap their headlights for the projector drls, would be very cool

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 30th August 2013 at 09:04. Reason: Quote edited to enhance small-screen legibility
Old 30th August 2013, 06:53   #25
BHPian

Projector head lamps are surprise addition by Hyundai. It looks very good. I think it is the segment first by Hyundai. Drls are also neatly integrated. Hope it will not be too bright like the one in i20.
Old 30th August 2013, 08:17   #26
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Stingray launch made Hyundai relook at their lineup. For once, we have a Maruti with a feature that people care about which is absent in Hyundai.

As the earlier pictures (third post in this thread) didn't have projector headlamps, it looks like they just added it last minute after the Stingray launch to ensure they do it in Verna (segment first) before any of the competitors do it.

Last edited by zenren : 30th August 2013 at 08:30.
Old 30th August 2013, 08:21   #27
BHPian

All the scoops missed the DRLs because we were looking at the fog lamp cluster instead of the Headlights.. also perhaps the DRLs will be available in the option variant of SX.. gotto check out the Verna variants soon!
Old 30th August 2013, 09:17   #28
Senior - BHPian

Music to the ears ! Hyundai has always done things without people asking for it. This is one company with brains and know how to meet expectations of their patrons.

I am for sure that it is not far when Hyundai will make MSIL run for it's money. Others...well they are already running for their share in the pie because of stron presence of Hyundai at the No. 2 slot.

Cheers

Hyundai - Just make safety as the segment first too in all your cars? Can you?
Old 30th August 2013, 09:24   #29
Senior - BHPian

Would the lighting be adequate with just a single set of projector lamps to cater to low beam and high beam conditions on Indian roads? I think most other cars in India with OEM projectors have a double barrel approach. Not sure how Hyundai is going to take care of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Hyundai India's website has revealed that the Verna Fluidic would feature new projector based headlamps, that will come with daytime running lights integrated into them.
I checked the Hyundai Verna (India) website but couldn't find anything about the projector headlamps. Can you point to the section where they revealed this info?
Old 30th August 2013, 09:57   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
I checked the Hyundai Verna (India) website but couldn't find anything about the projector headlamps. Can you point to the section where they revealed this info?
The second image in the report is picked up from the Hyundai India website.

Cheers,

Jay
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks