Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2013, 09:58   #31
BHPian

Re: 2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Like I said before this is what I see, and I think this is the new facelift version. I am not sure tough, all the changes can be seen but for the DRL'S in the fog lamp cluster
I somehow find the older alloys better looking. Projectors look good but i do not think they will make it to our market. If you look closely there seems to be some moisture in the headlight, now that is a common problem with hyundais and i have faced the same in my verna too even after having both headlights replaced in my presence under warranty. Anybody else faced the same issue??
Old 30th August 2013, 10:20   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
The second image in the report is picked up from the Hyundai India website.

Cheers,

Jay
where in the Hyundai India website? I checked the verna subsite and I still see the regular headlamps there. Link would be helpful
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 11:21   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
where in the Hyundai India website? I checked the verna subsite and I still see the regular headlamps there. Link would be helpful
This is the link where the headlamps surfaced-> http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Showroo...PIP/index.html with the eagle eye moniker.

Hyundai India has promptly taken the image down. The image continues to be carried in the news report and forum post (2nd image).

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 11:28   #34
Senior - BHPian

I am already seeing the updated Verna on roads in Ahmedabad. Well they have surely omitted the DRLs and Projector Headlamp set up for the Indian version of the facelift. The car looks exactly the same from outside and the only thing really updated is the Alloy Wheel pattern and finish. As they already omitted a number of things such as the fifth alloy wheel (now steel) and threw away a rear centre headrest, they could have rather just added the new headlamp set up and it would go quite well on competing with the new Ecosport, as well as the soon anticipated all new 2014 Honda City! A facelift now, will mean there won't be any more coming in the next 8-9 months, easily. Hyundai had a winner on their hands and still does, but cutting back on VFM factor that the Verna surely had going for it is kind of a naive move.
Old 31st August 2013, 08:48   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
I am already seeing the updated Verna on roads in Ahmedabad. Well they have surely omitted the DRLs and Projector Headlamp set up for the Indian version of the facelift. The car looks exactly the same from outside and the only thing really updated is the Alloy Wheel pattern and finish. As they already omitted a number of things such as the fifth alloy wheel (now steel) and threw away a rear centre headrest, they could have rather just added the new headlamp set up and it would go quite well on competing with the new Ecosport, as well as the soon anticipated all new 2014 Honda City! A facelift now, will mean there won't be any more coming in the next 8-9 months, easily. Hyundai had a winner on their hands and still does, but cutting back on VFM factor that the Verna surely had going for it is kind of a naive move.
Again, chances are you saw the SX version, and the DRLs maybe available only in the SX(O) variant.. Anyways, all will be revealed soon!
Old 1st September 2013, 22:10   #36
BHPian

I purchased a verna credit sx 1.6 for my wife last week. The car has backlit steering buttons but not power window buttons. The sales advisor asked me if I could wait for another week to get a car with new alloys. The only difference as per him was the new alloy design. But owing to one less alloy, I didn't go for it. Projectors are definitely not available.
Old 3rd September 2013, 08:20   #37
BHPian

Yesterday i have been to HMP hyundai to find out the actual changes in Verna, Checked the CRDi 1.6 SX, As mentioned in the previous notes the middle head rest in rear is taken out, one alloy wheel is taken out and there is neither DRL nor Projector lamps, Illumination for the power windows is the additional one

For me it looks like Hyundai want to increase price / profit per car as the market slumped and hence they called these as a refresh

Cost of one head rest and one Alloy wheel for a simple backlit ? OMG for me this looks costly now !!

OT- The showroom was under painting for i10 Grand launch

Last edited by trtraj : 3rd September 2013 at 08:33. Reason: adding note
Old 3rd September 2013, 08:37   #38
BHPian

Verna always played the VFM card well. I just wish they introduced Projector - DRL setup at least on their SX(o) variant. This would bought in even more people to Hyundai camp (Not to mention, will be segment first).

Someone in Hyundai needs to proof read stuff posted on Verna Website. :
Exhibit A :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/148848.jpg
The Graph has PS and Torque switched, or Did they just make some sort of train engine? (~175 kg/m of torque and just 20 PS of power!).
Besides, the 3D graph looks swanky, but anyone interested in graph cannot read it!
Quote:
Full auto air conditioner considerate of all
Available as an option, full auto air conditioning lets the driver select one climate level setting and the passenger another. Just set the desired temperature and let the system take care of the rest-ensuring a customized interior climate that is fully comfortable and cozy for everyone on board.
I did not know Verna had dual zone climate control, And I do not see any controls for it.
All lifted from this URL : http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Showroo...PIP/index.html

Last edited by allajunaki : 3rd September 2013 at 08:48.
Old 3rd September 2013, 10:24   #39
BHPian

Yep, I too got a chance to talk with a SA from Trident Hyundai in Bangalore and he neatly listed down the features which went missing on the SX variant. He didn't even bother mentioning the LED's behind the switches. Falling profit margins and the inability to increase prices due to a slowing market has forced Hyundai to cut down slightly on the features. Hope the Projector and DRLs are provided as an option to fit in the future, would really do well to spruce up the car!
Old 3rd September 2013, 12:58   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

My neighbor got his Verna SX delivered yesterday and it didn't come with DRLs and projector headlamps. It has new alloys and the middle headrest from the rear seat was removed. Manufacture date: 31st July.
So, as some of you have already mentioned, it looks like the DRLs and projector headlamps are not for Indian version.
Old 3rd September 2013, 13:50   #41
BHPian

One of my friend have also bought New Verna(latest version) with new updated alloys. But DRLs are not available in it. Headlamps are same as of older version.

DRLs are even missing in the spy pic as posted by Autocar India, sometime back;
2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions-0_468_700_httpi.haymarket.net.auextraimages20130824065412_vernaupdated.jpg

Considering i20 features the DRLs, Verna obviously needs it to standout different from its competitors.
Old 3rd September 2013, 15:08   #42
BHPian

Hi,

I have recently booked a Verna 1.6L VTVT EX but got informed by the sales representative that the colour I had booked (Purple Fantasia) has now been discontinued by Hyundai. They told that a new shade of red might be coming in its place, but weren't able to confirm anything.

I however couldn't find anything on their website. Does anyone have any updates?
Old 4th September 2013, 12:14   #43
BHPian

The LED Strip front and back is an oiptional accessory for 68,000 /- at Bangalore for the Verna .
The Strip looks super cool. Very Audi'sque.The rear strip is quiet fluidic and very nicely integrated .
Car is on display at Trident Hyundai Showroom .

Last edited by InControl : 4th September 2013 at 12:16.
Old 4th September 2013, 12:16   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by InControl View Post
the LED STrip front and back is an oiptional accessory for 68,000 /- at Bangalore for the Verna
Was the amount a typo ?
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 14:08   #45
BHPian

Hyundai have neatly omitted the reference of the Eagle Eye Headlamps, even on the website... but have left back traces

Go to http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Showroo...PIP/index.html, try to find "Eagle Eye Head lamps", its tucked between the Dynamic Sporty... and Small in form... sections.

Did view page source to see that the following text has been hidden on the website
"Eagle Eye Head Lamps
Providing optimum illumination at night, these headlamps sport a two-piece black bezel design that adds a touch of luxury during the day"

C'mon Hyundai, be a sport, release the headlamps, dont hide them, we are already paying extra for the refresh, so why not a real one?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed