Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2013, 14:34   #1
Senior - BHPian

2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions

Link to News Section

India's best selling C-segment sedan, the Hyundai Verna Fluidic, could get a bunch of updates in the coming months. The updated car might go on sale during the festive season.

2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions-2013-hyundai-verna-fluidic.jpg

According to AutocarIndia, the 2013 Verna is expected to get back-lit power window switches across the model range while the top end models will also get back-lit switches on the steering mounted audio controls.

Other speculated changes on the updated Verna Fluidic include restyled alloy wheels on the top end variants, with steel wheels replacing the spare alloy wheel. Another cost cutting measure could be the change in the number of head rests on the rear seat.

The three head rest layout on the rear seat is expected be replaced by a twin head rest layout. Also, LED day time running lights, similar to those added on the Hyundai i20 hatchback, could make their way onto the updated Verna.

The Verna is available in 10 variants, spread across 4 engines and 2 transmission options. The base petrol and turbo diesel variants get 1.4 liter engines. While the 1.4 liter diesel engine gets a 6 speed manual gearbox, the 1.4 liter petrol engine is mated to a 5 speed manual gearbox.

The top end petrol and diesel engines displace 1.6 liters, and get 5 speed and 6 speed manual gearboxes respectively. A 4 speed automatic gearbox is available as an option on the 1.6 liter diesel engine.

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 26th August 2013 at 14:36. Reason: News Link Added
JayPrashanth is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th August 2013, 14:51   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Link to News Section

India's best selling C-segment sedan, the Hyundai Verna Fluidic, could get a bunch of updates in the coming months. The updated car might go on sale during the festive season.

According to AutocarIndia, the 2013 Verna is expected to get back-lit power window switches across the model range while the top end models will also get back-lit switches on the steering mounted audio controls.

Other speculated changes on the updated Verna Fluidic include restyled alloy wheels on the top end variants, with steel wheels replacing the spare alloy wheel. Another cost cutting measure could be the change in the number of head rests on the rear seat.

The three head rest layout on the rear seat is expected be replaced by a twin head rest layout. Also, LED day time running lights, similar to those added on the Hyundai i20 hatchback, could make their way onto the updated Verna.

The Verna is available in 10 variants, spread across 4 engines and 2 transmission options. The base petrol and turbo diesel variants get 1.4 liter engines. While the 1.4 liter diesel engine gets a 6 speed manual gearbox, the 1.4 liter petrol engine is mated to a 5 speed manual gearbox.

The top end petrol and diesel engines displace 1.6 liters, and get 5 speed and 6 speed manual gearboxes respectively. A 4 speed automatic gearbox is available as an option on the 1.6 liter diesel engine.
Hi,

I already see an updated verna on the roads, the alloy wheels are new and the third head rest is missing, the DRL's however I have not noticed and am confused that this car has not yet been released. Will try posting a few pics of the new verna if possible
Amarendranath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2013, 15:30   #3
BHPian

Like I said before this is what I see, and I think this is the new facelift version. I am not sure tough, all the changes can be seen but for the DRL'S in the fog lamp cluster
Attached Thumbnails
2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions-image826518094.jpg  

2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions-image2814992305.jpg  

2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions-image1760577318.jpg  

Amarendranath is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th August 2013, 15:59   #4
Team-BHP Support

re: 2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions

First time I am seeing that refresh of car being sold is actually to cut down features. Usually features are added.

So now they don't want a 3rd passenger at the back and have also removed the spare wheel alloy.

I guess since the car is selling well, they are making hay till the sun shines.
Old 26th August 2013, 16:16   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

I would like to put forward my views on the fuidic Hyundai designing trend, though this post may be categorized as OT.

IMO, it simply does not suits a manufacturer, esp. as big as Hyundai to copy paste the fluidic design on all its cars, all across the segments: right from Eon to i20 and from Verna to Elantra. Are they running out of designing ideas? Though, it does not looks bad, but my personal opinion is that this simply shows dearth of designing creativity at the auto major.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2013, 16:35   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Though, it does not looks bad, but my personal opinion is that this simply shows dearth of designing creativity at the auto major.
Very true. They found a best seller and are capitalizing on it.

Team - any idea if they have re-worked on the ground clearance? I get jitters every time i see a speed breaker or uneven surface if i have 3 people (including driver) in the car.
deadguy25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2013, 16:42   #7
BHPian

Stripping off some features is not the way Hyundai should come out. Back lit on window controls and steering is a welcoming one (we seriously miss this in our fluidic verna). I thought Hyundai will add Day Time Running lamp, but I couldn't find on the above pictures.

New alloy looks good. Replacing fifth alloy with steel wheel is really bad. I really wonder why they are removing the middle head rest. At first Fiat did this in 2013 T-Jet and now Hyundai in Verna. On the whole not a welcoming refresh.
Old 26th August 2013, 16:43   #8
BHPian

My main concern is with the suspension setup. If they have fixed the high speed ride issue, then this update is worth the removal of the 5th alloy wheel. Removal of the 5th alloy may also be a sign of Hyundai trying to offset the effect of the falling rupee value.
Old 26th August 2013, 17:25   #9
BHPian

The new updated Verna will be joining our family soon (around mid sept). We ordered the VTVT 1.6 SX (O) AT version in Phantom Black. The sales rep said that the only change would be the new alloys. It's sad that he din't know more about the changes. I saw a white updated Verna at the dealership, during the time of booking. I don't think DRLs are incorporated on the updated Verna.
Old 26th August 2013, 17:33   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarendranath View Post
Hi,

I already see an updated verna on the roads, the alloy wheels are new and the third head rest is missing, the DRL's however I have not noticed and am confused that this car has not yet been released. Will try posting a few pics of the new verna if possible
Explains why I saw a Phantom Black Verna with repositioned badging last week. The repositioning of badges makes the rear look cleaners than the busy one on the pre updated cars.

Name:  Verna Rear Small.png
Views: 44897
Size:  475.2 KB

Also, the car I saw did not have DRL's as I would have mostly observed them in my RVM.
Old 27th August 2013, 08:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

New alloys look a bit aftermarket, especially the colour scheme. Reminds me of what Tata did with Indica earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
IMO, it simply does not suits a manufacturer, esp. as big as Hyundai to copy paste the fluidic design on all its cars, all across the segments: right from Eon to i20 and from Verna to Elantra. Are they running out of designing ideas? Though, it does not looks bad, but my personal opinion is that this simply shows dearth of designing creativity at the auto major.
When the fluidic design loses its novelty and looks dated down the line, the entire stable would get a simultaneous hit, something Hyundai should watch out for if their facelifts are going to be as trivial as these.
zenren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 11:54   #12
BHPian

I wonder what made hyundai take this move, previously this brand was considered as value for money and details like spare alloy wheel etc have added to the same. Now switching to chrome wheels make them costlier and hence a steel spare wheel. It would be good if the rumors about the suspension are true, the boat like ride after 100kmph is not at all forgiving. However the third head rest was of no use since the beginning as the third passenger cannot sit comfortably and rest his back.
Old 29th August 2013, 14:31   #13
Senior - BHPian

Update: Verna with Projector headlamps and LED DRLs spotted on Hyundai India website

Link to News Section

India best selling C-Segment sedan, the Hyundai Verna Fluidic, is due for a facelift in the coming weeks. Amongst the various changes that the Verna Fluidic is said to be updated with, redesigned alloy wheels, automatic projector-based headlamps and day time running lamps are the three major visual updates.

2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions-2014-hyundai-verna-fluidic-1.jpg

Hyundai India's website has revealed that the Verna Fluidic would feature new projector based headlamps, that will come with daytime running lights integrated into them. This approach is at odds with the route that Hyundai took in case of the i20 hatchback, which is available with day time running lights positioned on the front bumper, around the fog lamps to be precise.

2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions-2013-hyundai-verna-fluidic-2.jpg

Nevertheless, integrating LED DRLs into the projector headlamps is a move that could ensure greater exclusivity, especially if this feature is available only on the higher variants. The other major visual update on the Verna Fluidic will be the new design for the alloy wheels.

2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions-2014-hyundai-verna-fluidic-2.jpg

It may be noted that all these changes have already made their way into the 2014 Hyundai Solaris (as the Verna is called in that part of the world) sold in the Russian car market. It remains to be seen whether the India-spec Verna Fluidic features all the changes that the Russian Solaris comes with.

2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions-2014-hyundai-verna-fluidic-3.jpg

For the Indian market, Hyundai is said to omit the spare alloy wheel, choosing to make do with a steel rimmed unit and twin headrests on the rear seat that replace the triple headrest design. Also, back-lit power window switches will be made available across all variants of the car. The top end models will also get back-lit switches on the steering mounted audio controls.

2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions-2014-hyundai-verna-fluidic-4.jpg

Note the auto function on the headlamp stalk.

The engine and transmission options for the Verna Fluidic are expected to continue unchanged. The Verna Fluidic is available with four engine options, two in petrol guise and two in turbo diesel guise. The lower variants feature petrol and turbo diesel engines with identical engine capacities of 1.4 liters while the higher variants feature similar options with an engine capacity of 1.6 liters.

5 speed manual gearboxes are standard on petrol engined models while diesel engined models get 6 speed manual gearboxes. The top end 1.6 liter petrol and turbo diesel engines can be ordered with a 4 speed automatic gearbox. Hyundai sells 10 variants of the Verna Fluidic in India.

Via IndianAutosBlog and Hyundai-Forums

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 29th August 2013 at 14:34. Reason: News Link Added
JayPrashanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 18:02   #14
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions

Not bad Hyundai. Adding features definitely adds value to the car.
I am glad they are going about this without making a big noise about calling it an all new Verna ! Just wish they could have improved on the cars handling.
Old 29th August 2013, 18:52   #15
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2013 Hyundai Verna Fluidic gets minor updates. And some omissions

Good additions by Hyundai , especially the projectors and the new alloys the look pretty cool , none of the items they have removed are really deal breakers but it would be nice to sometimes just get add on's and non deductions at the same time :-)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks