Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2014, 23:11   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
^^^ We are coming to same point again. I never said its a bad car. Point I am making is its a Big Flop car already, then why relaunch it with minor changes? It will surely be a flop again, i have no doubt about that. Even if they reduce the price, no body will buy it. Okay, it will sale few, may be average 200 per month for next few months. Will you call it a success? Will it give any benefits to Ford? Don't think so. It has flopped so much that, Most common people don't even know that such car exists on Indian roads, it's a fact, I am not joking.
I think there's no disagreement on why the Fiesta is a flop and no one here is expecting a sales miracle with the refreshed one. So let's keep aside that.

It's just that this being an Automobile forum, there are a bunch of folks who give importance to driving pleasure and seem to be making their purchase decisions with the heart rather than the brain. So that's why you see some traffic in this thread (and also in the T-jet thread). Seriously man, it's so bloody difficult to buy a driver's car for around 10L. So whatever comes close to it, people get excited here. So why don't you just let these guys have some peace, speculate or do whatever they want?

Let me ask you a hypothetical question. IF the Fiesta is priced not more than 1L more than the Ecosport for the respective Diesel variants isn't that offering the consumer a choice? What's wrong in offering the choice?

I've owned an Ikon and now a Fiesta. Both petrol and that's about close to 10 years of driving Fords. Cars like Fiesta should not die buddy. I wish you can understand what I truly passionately mean.
kiku007 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 01:29   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
I think there's no disagreement on why the Fiesta is a flop and no one here is expecting a sales miracle with the refreshed one. So let's keep aside that.

It's just that this being an Automobile forum, there are a bunch of folks who give importance to driving pleasure and seem to be making their purchase decisions with the heart rather than the brain. So that's why you see some traffic in this thread (and also in the T-jet thread). Seriously man, it's so bloody difficult to buy a driver's car for around 10L. So whatever comes close to it, people get excited here. So why don't you just let these guys have some peace, speculate or do whatever they want?

Let me ask you a hypothetical question. IF the Fiesta is priced not more than 1L more than the Ecosport for the respective Diesel variants isn't that offering the consumer a choice? What's wrong in offering the choice?

I've owned an Ikon and now a Fiesta. Both petrol and that's about close to 10 years of driving Fords. Cars like Fiesta should not die buddy. I wish you can understand what I truly passionately mean.
Same like you i also had a wonderful time with Fords. First i had an ikon and then a Figo. Every time when i drive Ikon it gives the same pleasure and i still remember the good old days we had together. The first day we bought our ikon still me and wife can't forget. It was a wonderful experience.The road grip was amazing & he never disappointed me on corners. Our bangalore to kerala trips were always memorable. When we bought Figo it was no match for that car.

I had a test drive on all new fiesta few months back and immediately felt what i was missing on Figo. Wanted to buy one but heard about the refresh and waited all these days for the new one. Yesterday as soon as the pic of the new fiesta popped up here in tbhp at the yard of a kerala showroom, i assumed it is kairali ford and contacted them. reluctantly they gave me a small test drive within the yard. Such was the excitement. I have driven a good number of cars including few imports, but this one is special. Even if cars like this becomes a flop , just like you wrote it is heart that decides here and "cars like fiesta should not die down". do i buy one? of-course yes , even if there are a number of other cars in market!

Last edited by Willeys78 : 16th June 2014 at 01:32. Reason: better grammer
Willeys78 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 10:08   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willeys78 View Post
...Yesterday as soon as the pic of the new fiesta popped up here in tbhp at the yard of a kerala showroom, i assumed it is kairali ford and contacted them. reluctantly they gave me a small test drive within the yard. Such was the excitement. I have driven a good number of cars including few imports, but this one is special. Even if cars like this becomes a flop , just like you wrote it is heart that decides here and "cars like fiesta should not die down". do i buy one? of-course yes , even if there are a number of other cars in market!
Any change in interiors? Do you have more details on the changes / pricing / launch date?
Old 16th June 2014, 11:31   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Another picture of the beautiful sedan clicked by a friend who is a photo-journo. Attachment 1250315 Me likes this.
I'm always a sucker for the Kinetic Blue The styling and colour make the car look "dynamic".
Old 16th June 2014, 12:31   #110
BHPian

NDTV Auto's First Drive: 2014 Fiesta:
Quote:
The new Fiesta puts in 25.01km/l (ARAI figures) and this helps it get an upper hand when compared to its competitors. Ride and handling has always been a forte of the Fiesta and it lives upto that reputation. It is stable in a straight line, attacks corners with ease and the ride quality is not at all uncomfortable.
The new Fiesta is a good car and it will probably sell more in number than its predecessor. Why? Because it is still every bit engaging and dynamic and loaded with features. The only thing that will go against it is its price tag, but Ford already knows that.
Link: http://auto.ndtv.com/reviews/first-d...e-otherstories
Old 16th June 2014, 12:50   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Seriously man, it's so bloody difficult to buy a driver's car for around 10L. So whatever comes close to it, people get excited here. So why don't you just let these guys have some peace, speculate or do whatever they want?

My only point is Ford should give us something better than this. I never said Ford should stop us giving good driver oriented cars. You are also agreeing on the fact that this will not be a sales miracle, then why? Any company will require sales numbers to run business, dealers need numbers to run their business. So give us something better is what i am saying for Ford. Maruti, Hyundai, Honda are successful only because of this. They are giving customers what they want. If Ford will continue like this for few more years, they will not be able to launch new cars here as there will not be much market for them. They are already making huge losses, one fine day their management may take decision to stop India operations as well, who knows? Dealers may leave dealerships and start some other business. You want that to happen? I don't want that to happen.

Last edited by aniketi : 16th June 2014 at 12:52.
Old 16th June 2014, 13:54   #112
BHPian

Quote:
My only point is Ford should give us something better than this. I never said Ford should stop us giving good driver oriented cars. You are also agreeing on the fact that this will not be a sales miracle, then why? Any company will require sales numbers to run business, dealers need numbers to run their business. So give us something better is what i am saying for Ford. Maruti, Hyundai, Honda are successful only because of this. They are giving customers what they want. If Ford will continue like this for few more years, they will not be able to launch new cars here as there will not be much market for them. They are already making huge losses, one fine day their management may take decision to stop India operations as well, who knows? Dealers may leave dealerships and start some other business. You want that to happen? I don't want that to happen.
What do you mean by "something better than this"? Does better only mean something which sells in huge numbers? For that, we already have Hyundais and Marutis. If you ask me, I don't want to own a car because it sells more, I will always want a car which suits my needs. It can be a Fiat, a Ford or a Reva too. My father owns a Baleno, which was a huge flop, majorly because of the wrong pricing, but when they repriced it, it was a huge VFM, was fitting into my checklist, so we got one. It is 8 years old now, has run about 1 lakh KM and whenever I drive it, I feel " wow". Though, it never sold, and it was a market dud, I think it was a good choice. I own a Swift myself, most selling car in the segment for years now, and I like the chunky nature in city and its stability on highways, though, the stability is nowhere near a Baleno, or a Fiesta. My swift rattles a lot, at just 3 years and 33k KMs. The quality is poor, and every panel feels like made of a tad thinner material than my choice. In a market like India, we just can't tell good or bad looking at numbers it gets. Every car is beautiful, we just need to look which one suits our needs. One of my friends booked the new Dzire petrol, without even getting a test drive, just because its a Dzire, which sales like anything. May be good for him, but I would never do that. If I was in market for a petrol entry level sedan, looking at the value Ford Classic brings in, I would go for it, without looking at the sales chart. If I was in market with 10L in hand, for a diesel sedan, I would probably go for the new Fiesta. Verna, fir example, sells good, but you drive it for 5 KM and you would come to know how poor driving dynamics a Verna offers, not to offend anyone. I also think that Hyundai's ASS and overall quality of the Verna make it a good buy, not for me, but for thousands of us who have bought it and who are going to buy it. If new Fiesta was a flop before, fixing the issues, pricing and interiors, is the right step. If they can price it right, of course the new Fiesta will sell in good numbers.
itsashishsharma is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 14:06   #113
BHPian

In today's world, there is nothing called as a bad car. Every car has its merits and demerits. Yes, Maruti, Hyundai and Honda are successful in India because they provide the customers what they what. In a country like ours, >75% of customers want their cars to be fuel efficient (>20kmpl), have acres of space inside, should carry a ton of luggage and should be very very affordable to buy. And this is where the cars like the Fiesta and the Linea lose out. They are masters of none of the above mentioned qualities. They are neither fuel efficient nor do they have immense space or features. But what they are, are fun to drive machines. None of the cars (barring the Swift) from the Maruti-Hyundai-Honda stables can even come close to these cars when it comes to the ride, handling and offering maximum fun-to-drive quotient. Unfortunately, the no of people buying a car for these qualities is very very less.

If Ford is launching the Fiesta facelift, then i'm sure that they'd want to do it right this time. It was never a bad product in the first place. The only thing that almost killed it was the pricing. Being a petrolhead, i request everyone to reserve their judgement till the car is launched and the reviews are out. Bashing up a product even before it is launched just because its predecessor was not perfect is not fair on it IMO.
Old 16th June 2014, 14:24   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

@ aniketi - you are just dragging this man. Unless you own some shares of Ford (which cannot be possible in India) don't get so worked up on their financials. I'm out of this thread until the pricing is known.
kiku007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 14:31   #115
BHPian

My dealer says fiesta is launching on 19th of this Month. Test drive vehicle have already arrived. Here also it ford plans to sell more diesel than petrol, as test drive vehicles are diesel for now. Seems ford's petrol engines supply chain is severely constrained.
Old 16th June 2014, 15:04   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaneOp View Post
My dealer says fiesta is launching on 19th of this Month. Test drive vehicle have already arrived. Here also it ford plans to sell more diesel than petrol, as test drive vehicles are diesel for now. Seems ford's petrol engines supply chain is severely constrained.
New Fiesta will only come in diesel. There is no petrol, period.
Old 16th June 2014, 15:35   #117
Senior - BHPian

Ford is already on back foot by not launching Petrol and Automatic. This only confirms how much confidence they have on New Fiesta
Old 16th June 2014, 16:31   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Ford is already on back foot by not launching Petrol and Automatic. This only confirms how much confidence they have on New Fiesta
New Fiesta's 1.5 petrol was no good. Of course, keeping confidence on the weak link is optimism, if they have been working on the original issues, like pricing, the interiors, the petrol engine, it is a good thing. We have a diesel loving market. Their 1.5 diesel is quite good. If it clicks, later they can bring in petrol too. I hope not the 1.5 one. They didn't have any confidence on that poor petrol engine, and thats realism, good for them. So they are not giving it. But, they are having real confidence on the car, tgats why they are relaunching it. Though, giving as an option, some other petrol option could have been better, but than there are costs involved. How about the current 1.0 Ecoboost? It has got some power, it is turbocharged and it should return better mileage figures too.
Old 16th June 2014, 16:36   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont think that's the case here. City iDtec's thumping success has got a lot to do with this move IMO. That segment mainly thrives on diesels and petrols sell in probably a tiny fraction of the total numbers.

Ecosport is generating enough numbers for them or let's say is keeping their production line busy enough. New figo is due for next year which will have enough takers as that's a succesful product for them.

What ford is trying I guess is to price the car in a better way and see the market response. They wont be looking at numbers for now. If this works well and good, if not they have other products to concentrate on.

Last edited by SoumenD : 16th June 2014 at 16:39.
Old 16th June 2014, 17:51   #120
Senior - BHPian

Oh boy..oh boy, the thread just got uglier. Let the car come, let the price be out, then we can have a clear picture. Person calling it a flop, request to him, please buy a H or an H and be happy. We are a different lot, and enjoy drivers cars, not sloppy handlers.
sidindica is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks