Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2014, 19:09   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Oh boy..oh boy, the thread just got uglier. Let the car come, let the price be out, then we can have a clear picture. Person calling it a flop, request to him, please buy a H or an H and be happy. We are a different lot, and enjoy drivers cars, not sloppy handlers.
I second your sentiments sid, we like better handlers. I still can't digest that Ford is selling classic 1.6 at the same price point at which Amaze, Dzire and Xcent are selling, all with 1.2 L engines, nowhere when ride, handling and other driving dynamics are to be considered near the Classic. My swift's bumper is paper thin, seeing that thing costed my father 5 big, how sorely I miss my old Palio with a body of a tank and elegance of a .. I have no word for that, lets say, Fiat.
itsashishsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 19:18   #122
BHPian

Re: New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Oh boy..oh boy, the thread just got uglier. Let the car come, let the price be out, then we can have a clear picture. Person calling it a flop, request to him, please buy a H or an H and be happy. We are a different lot, and enjoy drivers cars, not sloppy handlers.

Exactly my thoughts. Its like announcing who'll win even before the match has started.
Naparajito is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 19:31   #123
Senior - BHPian

Some people are taking topic somewhere else only, so no point in discussion for me. My point was something different and people are taking it differently, can't help it. Tried everything in convincing but in vain. No issues for me.

Let Ford launch it, let market only react to it. People will get their answer very very soon. Frankly, I almost know the answer, let market confirm it
Old 16th June 2014, 19:58   #124
BHPian

@Aniketi, Ford launches the new Fiesta, some people loves it and go and buys the car, enjoys it, car does not become a mass seller like Marutis or Hyundais, Ford makes losses on it, but people who bought still enjoys it everyday. Stop.

I didn't get the part where it is your problem, to get so worked up and deliver conclusive statements.
fordday is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 20:55   #125
Senior - BHPian

I am losing count of the number of times you have said that here on this thread. I hope this is the last time you say it and actually wait for the car. If its again a flop, nobody would stop you from opening a thread here and collect the like minded opinions for it. Leave this thread for those interested in the car and get the., off topic discussions some rest.

And, if you are thinking Ford is making losses in India, you cant be more ill-informed than that. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Let Ford launch it, let market only react to it. People will get their answer very very soon. Frankly, I almost know the answer, let market confirm it
anachronix is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th June 2014, 21:43   #126
BHPian

I have driven this 2014 Fiesta in Thailand but then it was a 5 door 1 liter eco-boost, ? yes you heard it right Thailand is getting 1 liter engine. Must say this small beast still remains a pure drivers car, to visualize what I'm speaking about just imagine a small hatch with more than 120 BHP and 170 Nm torque which is completely tamed.
I know for sure our 1.5 diesel will not be near anywhere to the above but I'm confident the at par vehicle dynamics and the driving pleasure will obviously remain as the DNA of Fiesta. I'm one among many others who would settle for these kind of vehicles rather than straining myself behind the steering of a lifeless objects for thousands of Kms or years together, no matter it is a market hit or dud.
Again I'm not speculating here but I personally think Ford isn't going to reduce the price this time as mentioned in ACI since this is not possible unless the components are locally sourced.
Cheers!
Old 16th June 2014, 21:47   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Some people are taking topic somewhere else only, so no point in discussion for me. My point was something different and people are taking it differently, can't help it. Tried everything in convincing but in vain. No issues for me.

Apart from you sir, everybody thinks that Ford is doing right by giving it another chance. I have no clue why you think that a good car, if weak links are fixed, can not sale good? You seem to think that people stamp it to be a flop, and ignore it being best product for that money, and buy lousy competitors just because they sale more? I am not surprised that you are supported by none here.
Old 16th June 2014, 23:29   #128
BHPian

As a owner of a last gen Honda City (petrol), let me tell you that despite all that the city offers (mileage, peace of mind, etc), if there was one car that pulled at the heart strings, it was the pre facelifted new fiesta. Eagerly waiting for the car, and I think as customers we should be happy that Ford is not pulling the plug on the Fiesta lineage. And as a customer waiting for the last 6 months for the Ecosport, and knowing well that Ford is exporting quite a few Ecosports, I wont lose my sleep over Ford India financials.
Old 17th June 2014, 00:09   #129
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Guys, lets wait for the pricing of Fiesta and decide whether it is a flop or a success. The main reason for its bad performance was its pricing. Ford priced the Fiesta much higher than the Verna, while offering fewer equipments and features. This was not taken well by the Aam Janata. Even the sales guys at the dealers were demotivated with the pricing. When I went to check the New Fiesta, I was being persuaded to go for the Old Fiesta (now rechristened as Classic). The car was never bad and Ford killed it only due to its absurd pricing. Ford did correct the prices much later, but hey, the word-of-mouth was already very strong and not many wanted to try this car.

I own the All New Fiesta that I bought in Jan 2012 and I have completed 65K kms in 29 months. I can vouch for the quality of the car. It is the best possible driver's car in its segment and since I drive its wheels off, I simply love the CONTROL and HANDLING of the car. The car's immaculate road manners has saved me in many instances.

In the 65 K kms I have driven it in all kinds of roads and till now I have not (touchwood) got a creak or any such noise from the interiors. The interiors look good and hard plastic put together properly lasts longer than many soft touch interiors. The car is pretty much perfect and very well put together.

The mileage is superb and has averaged over 19 kmpl till date. If I do not upgrade to a higher segment, I would again buy the New Fiesta with the Aston Martin look in 2016.

Hence, people who call it a flop can call it so, but it is simply like the childhood "sour grapes" story. I'm sure owners like me, know the value of the car and know why it did not take off like it should have. I just hope Ford prices the car well as the competition is now more intense.

Last edited by MAS : 17th June 2014 at 00:14.
MAS is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 00:20   #130
BHPian

OK, aren't we all here because we love the overall experience of our cars and the way they drive? Fiesta has always been a drivers car and has it's own market. It's a market where people don't look at sales charts and don't discuss in lengths and details within family / friends and neighbours and are really not bothered about what other people think of their choices. India is a country where it's all chance rather than quality that clicks with the general public. Now there are cars which don't even deserve to exist of planet earth but are selling like hot cakes in India, and then there are few cars which were just too good but failed here. The list of such cars is pretty long which failed in India even though they were pretty awesome. But the people who purchased those cars are not bothered and they still love their vehicles even after years.
So, what we all should do is to appreciate a company which is trying to fix the few flaws and mistakes it did in first go. Let them relaunch the car, And there will always be people who would go for a true drivers car rather than any xyz box on wheels.

PS: I so want them to do something with the tail lights. As far as I feel they just don't gel well with the overall look and stance of the car.

Last edited by mandhir.s.bajwa : 17th June 2014 at 00:22.
Old 17th June 2014, 00:26   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Another picture of the beautiful sedan clicked by a friend who is a photo-journo.

Attachment 1250315

Me likes this. Waiting for the pricing. Please ford don't screw it up this time.
Clicked by Bobby Roy. I think we should always give proper reference with complete name of the person.
Old 17th June 2014, 09:01   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandhir.s.bajwa View Post
Clicked by Bobby Roy. I think we should always give proper reference with complete name of the person.
Yeah it's Bobby da. But I was not sure he would like his name to be mentioned here. Had informed him about the post. You could have directly PMed me isn't it rather than posting publicly? . Anyway never mind.

P.S: He did get to drive the car and says the lower end is nothing much to write home about but the handling and driveability is impeccable. Mid range is pretty good. Waiting for team-bhp review.

Last edited by SoumenD : 17th June 2014 at 09:23.
Old 17th June 2014, 11:06   #133
BHPian

2014 Ford Fiesta Drive Program - Extended Test Drive

New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs-fiestair1-rs.jpg

Firstly I'd like to thank Ford for organising this wonderful event and for inviting us to it. It was really well planned and brilliantly executed. I thought that you guys might be interested in it and so decided to post it here.

To start things off I'll explain what this event was. It was basically the launch of the Ford Fiesta 2014 particularly emphasizing on their new Sync system. Ford had invited my colleague and I for the event. It was held in Bangalore over two days. The first was the press event and launch on Sunday 15th June and then an extended Test Drive session on 16th June.

New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs-1.jpg

I will be focusing on 16th June and the activities of the day. This day was basically an extended test drive of the 2014 Fiesta that started at Taj West End and ended at Taj Vivanta in Yeshwantpur.

New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs-2.jpg

We would be covering a distance of around 186 kilometres during this test drive. Ford told us that we would be driving in a convoy of 12 cars (6 Fiestas and 6 Figos) and led by an Endeavour. Two publications or blogs had a Fiesta for themselves and a backup Figo as well. We even had a support team in an Innova and an Ambulance at the ready.

New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs-3.jpg

I spent most of my time in the Figo to cover videos and photos (I did drive it later on ) while my colleague Dhruv was in the Fiesta all the time.

New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs-5.jpg

The journey started off from Taj West End and we were told to proceed towards Nice road which we would take till we entered Mysore road. Ford did a wonderful job of placing people at every intersection or so with directions so that we wouldn't lose our way. At first I felt bad thinking they'd be standing in the heat all day but later I found that they got to ride in the Innova after their job was done.

New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs-6.jpg

After we exited nice road. We all gathered together, kept our gear ready for the photos and videos before we headed off. Our first pit stop would be Rasta cafe.

New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs-9.jpg

We took whatever videos and photos we could along the way and that left us behind the pack a bit but didn't matter. We had to get our job done. Later on the convoy sort of broke off since we all wanted to get our content. But we had a support car, support driver and Ford representative accompanying each team.

New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs-10.jpg

We had refreshments at Rasta after which we took some more photos and videos of the car and the Features of the car including the Sync. (A video of the system will be uploaded later which I can share here if you guys are interested.)

New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs-pwst-rs.jpg

After Rasta, we were to travel to Ramnagar, the roads were pretty small but pretty good and since they were empty and quite curvy, was a delight to drive on. Not to mention the beautiful landscape and greenery that was surrounding us. Here again we stopped for videos and photos including a power station that caught our eye. We took permission to shoot there as no one else would've shot there except us. So that would make our content stand out a bit.

New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs-fiestair2-rs.jpg

The next point was a rocky hill which would be the midway of our journey. This was to be the last place we recorded videos or took photos. After having our refreshments, we hit the road again to test out Ford's latest machine. I also got a chance to drive the car before our final meeting point at Vivanta.

New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs-17.jpg

I found that the car offered a comfortable ride. Good suspension and handling. But I felt the gearbox to be a bit too soft and smooth for my liking, especially after driving the Vento personally. I believe the car does provide settings to adjust that but I didn't get enough time to try it fully.

New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs-13.jpg

The car does go fast but I felt that it could've benefited with more power. I couldn't drive as naturally as I did with my Vento which I feel has power at the ready. I had to really plant my feet in this one and it took a few seconds before it really picked up the pace. But to be fair, the Fiesta does have much superior mileage and perhaps that will counterbalance this particular issue.

New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs-team.jpg

I hope you guys liked reading this and I thank Ford once again for the opportunity. If you've any questions that need to be answered, please feel free to ask them.

Thank you. Have a nice day
Attached Thumbnails
New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs-18.jpg  

New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs-19.jpg  

New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs-20.jpg  

New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs-12.jpg  

New Ford Fiesta to be facelifted in 2014 *EDIT* Now launched @ 7.69 lakhs-11.jpg  

Last edited by sandeepsarma : 18th June 2014 at 00:56.
sandeepsarma is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 15:11   #134
Senior - BHPian

IMO things won't change much for Ford re Fiesta's sales, unless it is priced sensibly. Yes there could be few Ford loyalists & enthusiasts, who would rush to buy the facelift, but those mumbers won't be material in long run, if the product isn't priced well (courtesy the localisation levels of the car), & service costs reasonable against opponents with better Sales Support (refer Ecosport delivery issues & dealers' attitude in initial days of launch).

Moreover, the interiors are pretty much the same - busy looking central console, non premium (though shiny this time) plastics for aam-junta & almost no improvement in rear seat comfort (please refer Zigwheels review of the car), which remains cramped & uncomfortable as in old model.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 15:15   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
And, if you are thinking Ford is making losses in India, you cant be more ill-informed than that. Good luck!
Think before you comment please.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ord-honda.html

After reading through this link, you will get to know who is ill informed, Thanks.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks