Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2013, 18:17   #31
BHPian

re: Maruti Stingray (WagonR) - Launched @ 4.09 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Big deal!! Hero motorcorp has 19...

Just Kidding.

Looks like someone wants to set a useless guiness record of most products under 1 brand in MUL! (Hero motors too)
I guess you misplaced 'useless'

And now the other thread about YL1 says that they want to slot it below SX4. Quite possible as the scoop was said to be an L variant whereas the current SX4 doesn't have an L variant.

Why isn't there a WagonR Zxi?
amolbh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2013, 22:20   #32
BHPian

No Automatic option! Another missed opportunity.Wagon R with an AT box would have made perfect sense for Metros. Would have added more numbers to the monthly tally of plain vanilla Wagon R that this sticker and sheet metal modification.
And again, no Airbags for the passengers (except Driver), Suzuki: I'm counting on you that you have absolutely no regards to safety standards.
TSIched'Out is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 14:52   #33
BHPian

The price hike of the Stingray LXi over the regular LXi seems logical.
For 25k hike, I get the following:
  • Projector lamps
  • Vanity mirror
  • Fog lamps
  • A tachometer
Providing all this but not a Day/night IRVM in the LXi, stupidity.

Also, the Stingray has introduced white side turn indicators instead of the current amber ones. Rear fog lamps seem to have been omitted. The steering mounted controls again for only the VXi and VXi(o) trims.

If I would want to install all these accessories in the current LXi, it would almost cost the same, so, IMO, the stingray would be a better option given the price vis a vis accessories comparison.

I hope the older WagonR do not sell only for their dual fuel options with the arrival of stingray now.
carzone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 14:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

Jigar, can we have the roof rails as an accessory on the Sting ray?
Old 22nd August 2013, 15:00   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I don't know. I haven't visited the dealership. Was just checking out the websites of both the models, and being an owner of pre-facelift WagonR, I knew what all was missing in it then, so just did a small comparo. I too wish the roof-rails are available as an accessory, the car looks kind of incomplete without them.
carzone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 15:28   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti WagonR Stingray walkaround video!

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/08/m...ay-video-92882

Last edited by volkman10 : 22nd August 2013 at 15:35.
Old 22nd August 2013, 15:40   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
The roof rails aren't a part of the new look that Suzuki wants for it, but what's to stop customers from customizing their cars? The Stingray is meant to appeal to the folk who like the Nissan Cube and Toyota XA. The look of the Stingray would have been complete with a low air dam and side skirts, but they would have to be taken off to be driven on pot-hole ridden roads that we have all over our country.

BTW, do you want to have the roof rails for getting the old Wagon-R-like appearance, or do you plan to have a storage area on the roof?
Old 22nd August 2013, 16:13   #38
BHPian

The 20k more for StingRay seem ok for the new looks. Get a glossy wax and a low profile tyre with large alloy, it will take its looks to a new level.
Old 22nd August 2013, 17:18   #39
BHPian

Re: Maruti Stingray (WagonR) - Launched @ 4.09 Lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillMan View Post
The 20k more for StingRay seem ok for the new looks. Get a glossy wax and a low profile tyre with large alloy, it will take its looks to a new level.
It's not 20K addition. The earlier version is available with 30K discount (and another 25K if you are exchanging your old car). There's no such offer for Stingray as of now. So in practice, it's 50K more if you want to buy today. Hopefully, discounts will start within a month or so.

Last edited by TSIched'Out : 22nd August 2013 at 17:44. Reason: Type error
TSIched'Out is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2013, 20:36   #40
Senior - BHPian

I like the looks of Stingray. The projector lamps and the interiors are of good class. What amuses me is that the tall boy design refuses to yield to newer hatch models and continues its run of sales.

The front reminds me of Ford Flex, here in US. Only the front part design, not the entire car.
Old 23rd August 2013, 10:24   #41
BHPian

With the launch of StingRay, MSIL pulls plugs on Estilo. Seems now gradually WagonR will take the place estilo had in the MSIL stable while the Stingray would sell at the WagonR's place. This move was predicted by many on the forum, as the small hatch category was getting too crowded for MSIL and Estilo consistently failed in getting good numbers.

Quote:
Since its launch in 2007, the Estilo was a replacement for the Zen but it could never garner the strong sales of its predecessor. In order to boost sales, Maruti refreshed the car in 2009, along with styling updates, the Estilo swapped its 1.1-litre engine for the new 1.0-litre K10 unit but this too met with a luke warm response and averaged just about 850 units over the last fiscal year – a meagre number in the segment and especially by Maruti's standards.
Source: ACI/T-BHP

Last edited by carzone : 23rd August 2013 at 10:33.
carzone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 10:39   #42
Senior - BHPian

That trims down the product portfolio to 17 from 18 i think.

That many number of cars will probably leave customers confused with immense overlap, little space in dealership to show case all the cars to allow sufficient touch/feel of the product, some are only eating up space on the assemble lines of MSIL/OEM vendors that could be freed up to reduce waiting periods and finally keep some sanity at service centers too.

All in all, works well for MSIL. They could very all do away with a few others too.
Old 23rd August 2013, 10:42   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
BTW, do you want to have the roof rails for getting the old Wagon-R-like appearance, or do you plan to have a storage area on the roof?
For neither. I feel Tall boys should have roof rails as they complete the look of the car. Without the roof rail it looks like something is amiss and it would take the car to its original roots when it was launched first as an MAV way back in the 2000's.

Last edited by amtak : 23rd August 2013 at 10:44.
Old 23rd August 2013, 13:41   #44
BHPian

i feel Maruti should have introduced the 1.2 litre K series engine on this one, and increased the boot space.The existing one could have taken the place of estilo.

The upcoming i10 has 1.2 litre kappa and bigger boot, it will even have diesel version, Maruti will have stiff competition.
Old 23rd August 2013, 13:47   #45
BHPian

Saw stingray in flesh and blood today. Man it is a total disappointment. It looks no where close to the pictures. The grills look pathetic. Overall looked like a cross between WagonR and Eco.

The WagonR looks better and classier.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks