Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2015, 21:26   #151
BHPian

Re: Spyshots - compact hatch diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Looks like Tata's upcoming Kite hatch on test!
I might be wrong here. But, those tail-lamps and TATA looks a total mis-match.

TATA is always obsessed with christmas tree tail lamps. Going by the genetic make up of all their offerings, low chances of them deviating from it.
Old 13th June 2015, 21:31   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grr7 View Post
I might be wrong here. But, those tail-lamps and TATA looks a total mis-match.

TATA is always obsessed with christmas tree tail lamps. Going by the genetic make up of all their offerings, low chances of them deviating from it.
Hi buddy. This is indeed the new Tata Kite hatchback. I had just compared the pics from the Kite spying thread in Team BHP and this car looks similar to the Kite. They are moving away from the christmas tail lamps and are going to redesign the tail lamps of future cars.
karthick_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2015, 21:45   #153
Senior - BHPian

how do you say diesel? From the engine noise? black smoke ?
Old 13th June 2015, 22:39   #154
BHPian

On a quick search, yes it does seem like the Kite. Never even heard of this one until I shot the pix!

Yep, lots of black smoke as the driver was revving it hard. Could this be a premium hatch though? size-wise seemed in the league of the i10 and I initially mistook it for one when I saw it in the rearview mirror.

Mods - could it be merged with this thread please? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...d-kite-10.html

thanks!
shefiu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2015, 11:13   #155
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)

Saw a Kite being tested on the CMH Road between Halasuru Metro station and Indira Nagar on Friday evening last week. Was in pretty battered condition, with the left ORVM hanging. What I noticed was that this mirror was the same (or similar) to the old Indica ORVM (pointy ones) rather than the ones seen in spyshots on this thread.

The design looks good, but there was black soot on the rear bumper near the exhaust pipe opening, and the wheels looked like the old 13" from the Indica. Dash and integrated music system are completely redesigned, though there was some equipment stuck to the windscreen and wires hanging from it. This had an all-black interior theme. Was driving so no pics.

Sincerely hope that they continue with the CR4 engine and kill the hold TC engine and give the car better wheels (at least 14"). The wheels looked a bit set inwards from the body either due to the re-skin or the extra bits stuck on to camouflage the design. Looks good on the whole, though
Old 22nd June 2015, 22:34   #156
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Rajesh who spotted the Kite flying around Koramanagla.

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-image11.jpg

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-image21.jpg

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-image31.jpg

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-image41.jpg

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-image51.jpg
Jaggu is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 09:30   #157
BHPian

This picture was taken at Dange Chowk yesterday evening.

Please forgive the poor picture quality as it was taken from my fone and also the light was fading, but i noticed was the music system looked similar to one on the Zest/Bolt,not sure if this was a touch screen though, but the A/c knobs were that of Indica style.

IMO rotary knobs like Storme would look much more classy.

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-img_20150620_164332optimizedwm.jpg

Last edited by .anshuman : 23rd June 2015 at 11:49. Reason: Scoop Pics watermarked. Thanks for sharing
rosaf is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 17:52   #158
BHPian

From the looks of it, TATA has done to old Indica what Mahindra did with the Scorpio. The changed most of the parts but retained the overall body shape of the Indica. Sure, they must've added creases and lines on the doors and will look drastically different from Indica.

Damn good job I must say! I like it.

Are those air-con vents similar to the one in previous gen Indica?
RavSam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 18:14   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavSam View Post
but retained the overall body shape of the Indica. Sure, they must've added creases and lines on the doors and will look drastically different from Indica.
Although they used the old Indica as the start point, none of the shapes of the Kite replicate anything from the older car, unlike the Vista/Bolt.
1100D is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 16:57   #160
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Many thanks to Santosh Varghese for the following email & pictures

Quote:
I was able to click a few pics of the Tata Kite today near Electronic City, Bangalore.

The driver requested me not to click pics of the interiors, so I obliged him thinking of his job security. He was however OK with me taking pics of the exterior.

Since I was at the signal, I had to make it quick, hence quality of the pics might not be as expected.

Tata Kite has a similar steering setup to the one on the Zest/Bolt, with steering mounted controls. Although I couldn't find a 2 DIN system, I did notice that quality of the dash and control buttons on the player etc, all looked as good as in Zest/Bolt, except for the A/C vents which were a little different in shape (than the Zest/Bolt). More on the lines of the Tata Indica. Tyres were nice & chunky, not like the ones we find on Zest/Bolt.

Just before we parted, I asked him "when is this car, the TATA KITE (Glade) going to be launched". His immediate reaction was like eyes popping out . He asked "How did you know this is Tata Kite".

Looks like the poor chap was really not aware that there are a few automotive websites where Tata Kite scoop pics are going around.
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-p_20150618_140238.jpg

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-p_20150618_135952.jpg

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-p_20150618_140222.jpg
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 28th June 2015, 22:32   #161
BHPian

Tata Motors has registered Zica and Sway names which could be used for Kite hatch and compact sedan.

As reported by MotorOctane:
Quote:
The meaning of sway isn’t hidden from all of us and one of the meanings is “To control”. Zica on the other hand means hypen, which could even mean extension. So, could Sway stand for the Kite hatchback and Zica as the compact sedan (as the hypenation of the hatchback?) It is still a bit early to come any conclusion for this. But yes it is confirmed that Tata Motors is looking at these two names for the Kite twins.
The Kite twins will be powered by a 1.2-litre petrol engine and a 1.05-litre three-cylinder diesel engine which is likely to be one of the most fuel-efficient diesel engine in the country.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-kite_int_2.jpg  

damager21 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st July 2015, 12:51   #162
BHPian

Happened to see two test mules of the Tata Kite being tested near Tata's facility in Pimpri, Pune. These were being driven really fast, gives the impression that the engine has good power.
In profile, it feels very identical to Hyundai Grand i10 especially from the rear. The size is also just smaller than Gi10
Old 1st July 2015, 13:28   #163
BHPian

Saw a Kite being tested on Hosur Road about a week ago. The driver, on spoting my stickers decided to play hide and seek with me behind trailers, trucks and sometime even autos in peak traffic . The car was definitely chuckable and did not look like old Indica in any way. It was rather Grand i10 ish in stance (and a little bit like skoda fabia).
adg_andy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 07:41   #164
BHPian

These days I see this vehicle on Hosur Road in Bangalore almost every week. Managed to click some pics but there are clearer pics here. This definitely is the same car that I have seen prowling around here. The serial number sticker on the rear glass is the same. The guys at TATA must have decided Bangalore is the ideal place to stress test this mule in traffic!
alphahere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 08:53   #165
Senior - BHPian

^^
Bangalore - Most probably Bosch testing, all of their facilities are on Hosur road
Closed Thread

Most Viewed