The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-kite-2.png
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-kite-3.png
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-kite-4.png
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-kite-5.png
rohansachar is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 12:02   #227
Senior - BHPian

re: The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)

It is beyond doubt that though Karl Slym is not around, the company has working towards revival with right kind of product lineup, quality, customer experience and brand reorganization.

Association with Messi will have long term impact on brand stabilization and recognition across regions.

All the very best to Tata's and Kite.
i74js is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 13:06   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohansachar View Post
The quality seems a bit off, re-uploading the HD images:
Thanks for the HD images. Love the headlights and the tail-lights. Looks like they've put a lot of effort into form as well as function. This might turn out to be an even better looker than the Zest/Bolt!

If they maintain quality and equipment expected these days, then this will surely be on the list of anyone shopping in the B segment hatch market. Hope they stick to a standard 14" (or 15"?) rim size for this as well, because the Indica is not a small car and the 13" rims on the older models used to look quite small.
VeluM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 13:44   #229
BHPian

I saw the cars last week near the Sanand plant and then on the Ahmedabad expressway. They seem very well built. The silhouette is very obviously Indica but that's not a bad thing as they have put bigger better tyres. The tail lamps and head lamps were uncovered. I couldn't take pictures because the moment I stopped the car they made a run for it. The diesel is pretty noisy but they seemed to have decent power. The cars seem completely production ready. Also the ones I saw at Sanand had a Gujarat registration and the ones on the expressway had Maharashtra registration. Sorry for the bad pictures these were taken on the expressway from a moving car. I am posting this from my phone so if there are any mistakes then please ignore them.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-1446624613792.jpg  

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-1446624630155.jpg  

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-1446624647247.jpg  

Shreyans is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 22:02   #230
BHPian

Tata motors tease the new Kite hatchback in its latest ad.

Source : Motorola India
http://www.motoroids.com/news/tata-m...t-messi-video/
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-1446654695805.jpg  

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-1446654705751.jpg  

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-1446654724523.jpg  

sairamboko is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 00:13   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Clear look at the interiors of the Tata Kite, courtesy Carwale:

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-tatakitecompacthatchbackexterior59679.jpg

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-tatakitecompacthatchbackexterior59676.jpg

The variant snapped seems to be a lower/mid variant, with the layout very similar to the Bolt/Zest twins. The steering-wheel, central console & the AC section all resemble their elder siblings.

The cabin looks quite spacious and very bright, and the seats seem like they have more than decent under-thigh support as well.

Market this one well, Tata.
RavenAvi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 00:18   #232
BHPian

The infotainment system looks a lil different than the Bolt/Zest. Steering wheel looks meaty. Dashboard is huge or it looks like in the pictures

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th November 2015 at 13:42. Reason: Boot > Bolt
Old 5th November 2015, 00:47   #233
Senior - BHPian

If Tata continues with Indica silhouette with Kite then I, for sure would be seriously disappointed.

Maruti did something maverick with Swift as far as design is concerned. Hyundai with its Fluidic theme. Honda earlier used to release City with starting from scratch as far as design was concerned.

If Tata seriously believes that this Indicaesque round silhouette is still liked by many, they should be ready for some disappointment.

I could consider Zest for its proportionate design for a CS but won't even look once at Bolt mainly due to its Indica like design.

If you read on Tata threads, it has been mentioned numerous times that people relate Indica silhouette with 1st Gen Indica which has that Taxi image attached to it and that seriously puts them off from buying Tata Vista too, nothing felt fresh and Tata desperately needs that freshness with their product line up.

I for once was seriously believed that Kite would be an all-new design.

They even have that DesigNext philosophy being advertised, I presumed from that.

Why can't they try that.
carwatcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 07:00   #234
Senior - BHPian

This is the time, if they donnot discontinue the old INDICA and INDIGO brothers they would be killing their new machines when launched. Kite HB and sedan versions look promising, even more than the Zest to me, I hope the higher marketing officials have learnt their lessons, its time that they drop the fear of bad numbers in balance sheet and make way for the future generation Tata's.

Last edited by mercedised : 5th November 2015 at 07:02.
Old 5th November 2015, 10:02   #235
Senior - BHPian

Yes I too agree that Indica has to go both from the product line as well from the design idea.

Tata's will have to look at big picture, I am not saying people hate Indica but for sure the love for that design is not there. Even the taxi segment is no longer loyal to the Indica / Indigo twins and all possible products are now seen with fleet operators (barring Polo and Punto !). Let these models go out now.

Whenever I have had a discussion with someone about Tata, people drill it down to the roundish shape and the complete new technology and revival discussion ends with "inka kuch nahi ho sakta" ; which according to me is not the case. Tata's should look at

1. Exit of Indica / Indigo duo
2. Fresh design philosophy with tight lines / contemporary design
3. An all new products right from design in the SUV and Urban SUV segments; they have given the SUV market away to Mahindra while I still believe that Tatas are capable of delivering products in this segment which would appeal to masses
4 Another thing that they should consider is reducing engine options in their cars. It is maddening to have so many options and maintaining inventory of engine parts for them IDI / TDI / CR4 / Qudrajet and the list goes on !

Keep moving Tata !

Last edited by i74js : 5th November 2015 at 10:10.
Old 5th November 2015, 10:28   #236
BHPian

Thanks for the sharing exterior shots of Kite, looks like an winner for TATA at last, I like exterior shots of Kite. Kite is based on old Indica platform, Tata do things on their terms which most of time are out of sync with time and technology, when its new products comes to the market. In my personal opinion TATA is caught up between European thinking of car manufacturing (Good build quality, spaciousness) and Japanese and Korean thinking of car manufacturing( For e.g. Technological advances in every aspect of car building, reducing weight of every part of car, fuel efficiency). They have achieved the first one ,but today Indian car market is all for second philosophy of car manufacturing . So they need to move to second philosophy, I like to get everybody on this forum opinion on this thought process of mine.

They have tremendous knowledge in their ERC but end product is not a market beater in all aspects for e.g.

1. Styling.
2. Technology (Engine, gearbox)
3. Quality
4. Quality of After Sales Service
5. Innovation ,up gradation of ICE (In my Zest I am yet to able to pair my iPhone 6 )

I hope they have given due diligence to the kerb weight of new Kite as all their cars tends to be obese in compare to the cars in same category ( Might be FIAT cars had more weight). It tends to reduce fuel efficiency and driving pleasure, handling. They should work on reducing weight of their cars by using high strength steel, use of plastics in Engine parts (Maruti Suzuki, Renault Kwid).

Then why I like Tata? First of its an Indian company ,make in India , Value for money and Tata as a brand.

I personally owned Tata India Petrol 1.4 liter(A disaster of petrol Engine, fit and finish),Tata Manza (Diesel) Much better car
and Zest Petrol (Excellent interior and good performer, better mileage )

Hope they work on this aspects when they go for new horizon policy and bench mark on best of product available in market and beat them
at their own game.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 5th November 2015 at 10:36. Reason: Formatting post. Smileys are limited to 2 per post. Please go by the rules of the board. Thanks!
dbaapps is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 11:24   #237
BHPian

The sample pictures posted here are looking really good! I hope Tata Motors sees success with this car. Although I do not own a TATA car, I want them to sell more cars.

I hope they are planning to launch this with Automatic variants. Launching models without Automatics is not a sensible thing these days.
Old 5th November 2015, 12:53   #238
BHPian

The pictures from front and end look pretty neat, though not very sure on the interiors.
They have to be a significant improvement from what we are used to be seeing from Tata,
hopefully with marketing being taken care of this should also see upgrades.
Old 5th November 2015, 13:29   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaapps View Post
Kite is based on old Indica platform
It is not based on the old Indica platform but a new platform designated as "X0".
directinjection is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2015, 13:37   #240
Senior - BHPian

What will the Kite be positioned? I do not see Tata pulling out the Vista for its demand in the commercial market (though that has been on a decline).

So does Kite belong lower to the Vista or between Vista & Bolt?

With the 3 cylinder diesel engine in it, I can only imagine this being below Vista, but would it also be priced lower that the Vista?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks