Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2015, 12:10   #286
BHPian

Re: The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)

Boy-o-boy this baby looks brilliant! Tata has come up a beautiful looking car with bold character, thanks to creases visible on the side like Brio with rear similar to new Figo.

Overall a job well done. There is No resemblance to Indica and thankfully no overdoes of chrome which is a common sight now days in every new car. Diesel with AMT will just push sales. Should do extremely well!
Old 28th November 2015, 12:13   #287
BHPian

Great job by Tata motors. Pratap Bose and his design philosophy is taking great shape . Hope Tata gets a good dose of success with this honest effort .
Being a Tata iam assuming space will be superb and maybe best in class too .
Any interior pics of the car ?

Last edited by al pacino : 28th November 2015 at 12:15.
Old 28th November 2015, 13:23   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Man, what an awesome product. This could easily be rated as one of the best looking cars across segments. I love the kind of detailing gone into this. The tail lamp design crease extends to the tail gate, shut lines are minimal, low loading lip, nice & subtle dual tone interior, lovely chrome door open lever, rear parking sensors, front windshield washer jets ahead placed off the bonnet, rear windshield jet most probably integrated on the rear wiper (couldn't find it on the HMSL), detailing on the front lower bumper, fog lamp bezel etc etc.

It'll be shame if anyone tried to find the 'Indica shell' anymore as a reason to ditch this product. TATA, you guys finally got that 'desirability' aspect on your product right! Kudos.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 28th November 2015 at 13:25.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2015, 13:23   #289
BHPian

Wow great work Tata. I think the Zica looks really nice and Tata has done a great job with the car.
Now what awaits us are the engine options. I hope they are powerful and fuel efficient to make people consider buying one.
Old 28th November 2015, 13:34   #290
BHPian

Hope you have a great come back Tata, wish you a good luck.
Leymama is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2015, 13:49   #291
BHPian

So that's where the all new Tata line up starts to emerge. Makes me feel that the Bolt and Zest were only there to fill the gap in the meanwhile.

Surely a looker with very Hyundai-Honda-ish elements, Tata has always been about VFM, but this thing can change it all, when was the last time we saw something this good looking from Tata.

Very much like Grand i10, this looks thoroughly modern but not too radical. Should definitely appeal to the masses and age nicely.

A very positive and welcome change indeed. After the disappointing run by Bolt, I am again hopeful that this truly Indian car-maker gives the Japs and Koreans a few reasons to worry.
abhi29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2015, 14:36   #292
BHPian

Absolutely loved the external design and profile of the Zica. Big thumbs up to Tata Motors for the same. Hope this car starts the much needed reprisal for them.

A word of caution for Tata Motors though - There is no scope for complacency just yet. Your cars were never ugly. Much uglier offerings from other vendors have fared and are faring better than you. The 1st gen Santro and Zen was no match for the looks of the Indica back in it's days and the Zest is one of the best looking CS available currently. The Storme looks way more butch than the Scorpio and XUV. Please put your foot down and support this car well in all departments, especially Quality Control and After Sales Services.

Last edited by mi2n : 28th November 2015 at 14:39.
mi2n is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2015, 14:46   #293
BHPian

Best of luck Tata. This looks like an accomplished product. Get the pricing right, and please, please stock up spares in dealerships, even at your own cost, invest in some training for service staff, and get the service experience right. Voila, you will have a winner.

PS- Please manage the press. Organise first drives and press coverage in France, Spain, Portugal - in short, someplace "happening and sunny" (not cold, damp, London, and definitely not aamchi Pune, or even Goa). Costs more, but photos look brighter on print in front of iconic international landmarks and reviews look nicer on TV.

Last edited by Contrapunto : 28th November 2015 at 14:47.
Old 28th November 2015, 14:52   #294
BHPian

Ahh!!! now its seems TATA designers are getting tuned to the market scenario. This is a pleasing design from TATA and a good attempt.

TATA should launch this with diesel AMT option which would be a great USP and can gain with first mover advantage in the segment.

This car can move off the shelves, hope it triggers a positive turn around for TMIL

Is it only me? or do all theses cars have uncannily similar looking rear
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-rear.jpg

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 28th November 2015 at 15:06.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th November 2015, 15:47   #295
BHPian

Great job by the TATA design team! This looks like a grown up and modern product. The design seems to be a 'please all, offend none'. If they bring this out with a diesel AMT (or e-clutch?), the Zica would be a very good city car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Attachment 1444584
The Tata Zica rear reminds me of the Mazda 2 and to some extent the Peugeot 207:

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-tata-zica.jpg
Games Goblin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2015, 15:55   #296

BIG SMILE!! I am reminded of my own comment a few days ago in this thread itself that we Indians are a passionate lot and want to buy a truly Indian car and the only reason we have not be able to do so on a HUGE scale thus far is because we have not been offered a great one yet! Mahindra is turning out to be quite an exception to that and it shows in their sales scores and what we have 'seen' so far, the Zica holds promise. It is clearly evident from the enthusiasm of fellow BHP-ians here that we all want Tata to succeed. I personally, echo the feeling too and let us hope that we have a good all rounder from them this time, good luck Tata!!
padmakar.vikas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2015, 17:01   #297
BHPian

Wow. What a good looking car that is. Front is aggressive, side profile neat and the rear is not that bad too. I agree with the general sentiment Indian manufacturers need to succeed and deliver a top quality product. The first impression of the Zica looks impressive, sincerely hoping that the Interior is as good as the exterior is. I am in the market for a replacement to my Chevy Spark. Let the wait begin
Old 28th November 2015, 17:02   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Suraj View Post

From what I can make out this is the top end.
Interesting things.

Chrome lining on the headlamp
Chrome lined foglamps
Chrome door handles (inside)
Reverse parking sensors. (4). No camera.
Rear defrosted.
Rear Wiper.
Speakers in the back doors as well. (4 speakers and 2 tweeters expected with HK system)
Front fixed headrests.
Rear also has headrests.
Big parcel shelf with good lip
Some stylish black bits on the rear spoiler to make it look sporty?
Front nose is aggressive and nice stance.
Alloys are new design. Ok. Plain. But decent.
Blinkers integrated with ORVM
Dr. Suraj, that semi circular pattern on the rear windscreen is not a defroster but a semi-circular microstrip patch Antenna for FM Radio purpose.

While, this too is a novel feature to the hatchbacks available in India. The more premium ones viz. i20, Polo, City, Verna etc come sans this antenna.
Old 28th November 2015, 17:14   #299
Senior - BHPian

WOW - kudos! The giant is waking up, and how!! The engines have been fab, and off late the quality has been upto the mark as well. With the sophisticated finish, there is no reason why folks wouldn't want this! Good luck, TML - I am sure you will soar to new heights!!
Old 28th November 2015, 17:35   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Ahh!!! now its seems TATA designers are getting tuned to the market scenario. This is a pleasing design from TATA and a good attempt.

TATA should launch this with diesel AMT option which would be a great USP and can gain with first mover advantage in the segment.

This car can move off the shelves, hope it triggers a positive turn around for TMIL

Attachment 1444584
No Sir
You are not the only one feeling so.
I too find a lot of resemblence amongst them when looked from that angle.
I mentioned it earlier also. You can check the post here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/140961-tata-zica-hatchback-aka-kite-14.html#post3811179
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks