Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2015, 23:32   #331
BHPian

Re: The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)

The styling on this car may not be outstanding but it definitely looks modern and fresh. The USP of this car should be its diesel engine at a sub 5 lakh price. In two to three months following the Zica would be its sedan iteration which should be the cheapest in its segment. Now this will have an AMT version at the time of its launch and apart from WagonR/Celerio none of other manufacturers have this option at this price point. Looks like it should do some decent numbers.

Last edited by damodar : 29th November 2015 at 23:40.
Old 30th November 2015, 08:35   #332
Senior - BHPian

That's a very smart looking small car. Well done Tata! The interior looks like light grey + black instead of stupid beige. So, that's fine as well. It should have been called the Kite, that's my only complaint as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeprevving View Post
Here are few more images that suggest the design is quite good. Mote that the base model comes with some features that were previously unheard of in a base model:

2. Rear wash and wipe
That's brilliant. I am a sucker for rear wash wipe. Hope Tata can equip it with an AMT and ABS too. As an option at least.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 09:07   #333
BHPian

Awesome! Great going Tata! That's one beautiful looking car. The front end looks fabulous. I have always supported Tata, being an Indian. I hope that they regain their strength with their new lineup. Also, this thing needs good marketing. I think Tata folks are upto this as Messi has been assigned to the task of promoting this car. Someone I know is hellbent on buying a Dzire. But he also wants an AMT. When I told him about the Zest, he told that it was the first time that he was hearing it's name! I hope that Tata successfully gets rid of its Taxi image with this offering.

Well, coming to the second point, why the name Zica? Although it sounds modern, isn't it there some resemblance with the name "Indica"? Atleast when I say " Tata Zica", "Tata Indica" keeps popping into my head.

Other than that, pack the car with some nice bells and whistles, give it the same touchscreen unit as the Bolt or Zest, provide a nice pair of engines, and finally, price it right. If Tata does all these things right and then some more, then I am sure, that there will be no stopping them.

Cheers,
petrolhead_neel
petrolhead_neel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 09:20   #334
Distinguished - BHPian

Deja-vu!

Something similar happened with Zest/Bolt. Everybody was floored by the design, interiors, ice etc. But when eventually launched, all the excitement fizzled out. Zest did slightly better due to the better pricing, Bolt was still born.

Personally, I quite like the design and hope they don't bring out the god-awful base version with black bumpers and all. IMO, it will kill the premium-ness they want to portray with this car. Launch it with a 'introductory' price, raise the bar slowly as sales pick up - take a leaf out of your closest competitor's books - Mahindra.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiaztec View Post
Dr. Suraj, that semi circular pattern on the rear windscreen is not a defroster but a semi-circular microstrip patch Antenna for FM Radio purpose.

While, this too is a novel feature to the hatchbacks available in India. The more premium ones viz. i20, Polo, City, Verna etc come sans this antenna.
Don't think that's true. It is a rear demister.

The antenna itself can be seem very clearly in the base model pics. Even in the first set of pics, the base of the antenna is clearly visible up front at center.

This is a rear demister, same pattern is seen on the Zest. I remember specifically asking about this pattern to the TML engineers on our plant visit during the Zest promotions.

Last edited by Dry Ice : 30th November 2015 at 09:28. Reason: Mentioned inline
Old 30th November 2015, 09:27   #335
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
I hope folks at Tata Motors did a google search before finalizing on the name. This is what I got

Tata Motors needs anything but THIS !
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_lowrider View Post
Or maybe this is reverse psychology at play!
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeprevving View Post
The CS sedan based on Zica will be named 'Sway'.

Zest + Indica = Zica...seems to be the explanation. However, there is nothing related to Zest, apart from the steering wheel, indicator stalks, and few more bits here and there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Why we need to bother about what 'ZICA' means in Portuguese?

We have a car named 'LAURA' right here in India

But I agree, 'Kite' sounds better than Zica.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Why have a name sounding similar to Indica? Kite itself sounds better.

Bolt and Zest sounded better; didn't have any impact on the sales. So I guess Kite or Zica doesn't make any difference in the end.

ZICA is abbreviation for ZIppy CAr. That's how Tata motors wishes to market them. Hope that clears the doubt.
moralfibre is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 09:39   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
That's a very smart looking small car.
& here comes the official images.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-image.jpeg  

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-image.jpeg  

Last edited by Vid6639 : 30th November 2015 at 09:44. Reason: merging posts. Thanks.
ajnagpur is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 10:08   #337
SRK
Senior - BHPian

The Zica is a good looking hatch from Tata Motors. Their new-gen design language is clearly seen on this car, there is no resemblance to previous Tata cars (unlike the Bolt,Zest and the upcoming Hexa). Hide the logo and this could pass off like a product from a Japanese or Korean manufacturer.

This has potential to attract customers looking out for options like the Grand i10 and Celerio. I am sure Tata has planned something interesting in terms of variants options and pricing
SRK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 10:34   #338
BHPian

looks identical to new figo. need to see it head-on to differentiate.
Old 30th November 2015, 10:42   #339
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors' claim that the Zica has "cutting edge driving dynamics" and the name itself that apparently stands for 'Zippy Car' have got me interested. I am hoping it stays true to these claims.

Last edited by safari_lover : 30th November 2015 at 10:44.
Old 30th November 2015, 10:45   #340
BHPian

I'm no longer able to differentiate between a i10 Grand, New Figo and Zica, from the rear angle.

I'm sure this will be priced decently, and we are going to see a lot of this on the road.
They should put up clauses not to use this as taxi-cabs, and dedicate Indica for it (like what Maruti did to Dzire-Tour).
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-zicafigoi10.png  

Last edited by Keerthivasan : 30th November 2015 at 11:07.
Keerthivasan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 10:48   #341
BHPian

After Zest, Tata has turned people's attention towards it. This definitely is one of the best looking hatches no doubt.

Zest has had a poor run because of the initial niggles, like mud getting into engine bay, reliability concerns and service.

However looks like Zest owners in this forum haven't had any serious issues and that definitely is a positive sign.

I hope Tata has taken note of all these issues and addressed them in Zica. I hope it becomes a success. As for the interiors, I prefer an all black interior, which would give it a more premium look.
Old 30th November 2015, 11:10   #342
Senior - BHPian

Whats with the plastic cladding on the sides? Spoils the side profile completely. I hope this is just a body kit and not a standard fitment.
Old 30th November 2015, 11:12   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keerthivasan View Post
I'm no longer able to differentiate between a i10 Grand, New Figo and Zica, from the rear angle.

I'm sure this will be priced decently, and we are going to see a lot of this on the road.
They should put up clauses not to use this as taxi-cabs, and dedicate Indica for it (like what Maruti did to Dzire-Tour).
Thinking of old Tata products, this rear is absolutely new.
But comparing with the competition, it's still at par, looks modern and appealing.
Must say that Hyundai's Grand i10 seems dated now.
Sudeep_Kimster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 11:12   #344
BHPian

Finally, something really competitive from Tata. They have got rid of that oval shape, and are doing the real stuff here. Performance etc are yet to be seen, but for sure this car will stand it's ground if Tata price it well. At the same time, Tata also need to strengthen their brand image among personal car buyers. Indica-Sumo attitude will spoil yet another product!
Old 30th November 2015, 11:32   #345
BHPian

Some more photos on Rushlane

http://www.rushlane.com/tata-zica-ha...-12175652.html
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks