Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2015, 22:08   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)

Love the way TATA is redefining themselves in this space. Not sure by how much is this going to help them, but definitely helps a smal bunch of the consumers. I could ONLY hope these innovations and product becomes huge hit so the other manufacturers also dish out products with similar specifications.
Old 27th April 2015, 09:38   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

The Tata Kite could be called as the "Glade", and the Kite-based sedan could be named "Boom", as per GaadiWaadi sources.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 20:12   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Latest spyshots of the Tata "Glade" (Kite) hatchback, courtesy Motorbeam. Looks production-ready, with a clear view of the headlamps and tail-light clusters.

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-2015tatagladespyshot.gif

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-2015tatakiteglade.gif

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-2015tatakitecamouflage.jpg

Quote:
Earlier reported to replace the iconic Indica in Tata’s lineup, our sources say that the Glade will be sold alongside the former and the Indica will be kept on sale to cater to the commercial market while the Glade will be essentially for private car buyers.

The Tata Glade will also be less spacious than the Indica creating a more appropriate product differentiation between the two products. Tata will be positioning the new hatchback as a rival to the Maruti Alto K10, Maruti Celerio and the Hyundai Eon with power coming from the new 1.2-litre petrol engine, designed to offer higher fuel efficiency.

There will also be a 1.05-litre diesel engine on offer that has been newly developed and will take on the upcoming Maruti Celerio diesel scheduled for launch in the second half of this year as well.
SOURCE - Motorbeam
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 20:23   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Latest spyshots of the Tata "Glade" (Kite) hatchback, courtesy Motorbeam. Looks production-ready, with a clear view of the headlamps and tail-light clusters....
Rear profile looks nearly identical to the last gen i20. Not complaining though, it wasn't bad at all.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 20:35   #95
BHPian

I'm guessing this sits above the Nano in terms of positioning and space. If the Nano gets an AMT, why does this not? Also, can't fault TATA for retaining the old Indica, that has been the cash-cow and will continue to be so possibly for the next decade. Funny how three generations of the same car will be sold in the same market!

PS: Glade? Seriously? TATA, you want to name your car after an air freshener? The boffins at TATA are probably taking a breath of fresh air a tad bit too seriously!

Cheers!
Cartman
Cartman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 22:31   #96
BHPian

I spotted one this evening on Hosur road in Bangalore. It looked good in terms of profile and when I pointed out the car to my wife and explained what it was, she too said that it looked quite good. The car seemed to have good poise on the road and looked modern. I hope that it's a good sign for Tata!

The reason it might have been testing in Bangalore is the presence of the Bosch development centre here. I know for a fact that they receive a variety of cars (e.g. Jaguar) for testing their electronics and other packages.
Motard_Blr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2015, 22:43   #97
BHPian

Ok.....

Zest was nice.
Bolt was good too.

Nano GenX - nice.

The new variant nomenclature - XM, XMS, XT, XTA - Again Thumbs Up. Finally sensible after YEARS of confusion. And uniform too.

But Glade .... ?

Not really liking it. Kite feels better in contrast.

TML - please - not Glade!

This steed is almost guaranteed to find a place in my stable. Please not Glade.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 00:02   #98
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Spotted the Kite in Pune near wakdewadi.
Looks proportionate. Good job TML.
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1430245881.181200.jpg
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 00:25   #99
BHPian

I am sure that after removing all its make up that will still look like a face lifted Indica, ev2, Vista and list goes on
They are not going to sell any car unless they adopt a complete new design language
Old 29th April 2015, 06:47   #100
BHPian

Some people really cant differentiate a pyramid from a pillar!!
aditya79india is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 08:34   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Tata Kite could be called as the "Glade", and the Kite-based sedan could be named "Boom".
Must be 'Glide' - the source must've spoken and not written the name out. We all know what happens when some people talk.
Steeroid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 08:35   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenKBorra View Post
I am sure that after removing all its make up that will still look like a face lifted Indica, ev2, Vista and list goes on
They are not going to sell any car unless they adopt a complete new design language
Can you please explain the possible similarities in KIte and indica, ev2, vista? Everyone on the forum sees complete new design even in the spy shots.
Old 29th April 2015, 12:11   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Can you please explain the possible similarities in KIte and indica, ev2, vista? Everyone on the forum sees complete new design even in the spy shots.
First of all sorry for not being specific about the face. I definitely accept that rear of the car is completely non-TATA. But the front grill definitely looks very familiar.
NaveenKBorra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 17:24   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaveenKBorra View Post
First of all sorry for not being specific about the face. I definitely accept that rear of the car is completely non-TATA. But the front grill definitely looks very familiar.
Front grill is their new design language and it looks good on zest and bolt. Wait and watch. This new car is a looker.
tushky is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th April 2015, 20:15   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Front grill is their new design language and it looks good on zest and bolt. Wait and watch. This new car is a looker.
I will be the happiest if the car looks good. I am one of those who wanted to see TATA doing really well and my first post was to express my disappointment that it is not completely different.
I dont really see much of a difference from Bolt vs Vista face. Again this is my opinion.

Pillar painted as Pyramid does not make it a pyramid
Closed Thread

Most Viewed