Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2015, 18:04   #301
BHPian

Re: The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)

Tata Zica looks amazing in the pictures posted here in this blog, but will it sell? it is tough market to crack as Tata is finding it difficult to make decent sales in passenger segment with the launch of Zest and Bolt. First, Tata has to build brand image with launching separate showrooms or service stations from cabs (Tata Indica and Sumo) like Maruti did by launching Nexa showroom. This showrooms should exclusively sell Tata Zica, Bolt, Zest, Safari and future launches and they should support with effective service. Tata has an advantage of pricing their spares at cheaper price than the competition.
Overall, I am impressed with photos I have seen till now.
engine_charan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2015, 18:17   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

And now the interiors - gets the dual tone Beige and black interiors

The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-tatamotorszicainteriordashboard.jpg
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-tatamotorszicainteriors.jpg

http://www.autosarena.com/world-excl...s-and-details/

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th November 2015 at 18:18.
volkman10 is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 28th November 2015, 18:44   #303
BANNED

They should price it on par with Alto and Kwid to create a storm, IMO. Since they are using the old Indica platform and its engine reworked as Revotron (?), they can really do a "Kwid" here.
Old 28th November 2015, 19:42   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
They should price it on par with Alto and Kwid to create a storm, IMO. Since they are using the old Indica platform and its engine reworked as Revotron (?), they can really do a "Kwid" here.
I really doubt they'll be able to do that - price it close to the Kwid - this seems more like a Celerio competitor. Also the revotron engine in the Zica is all new, the one in the Bolt & the Zest is a reworked Zeta engine.

Prima facie this car appears to be better built than Kwid - of course we can only be sure post launch - so it is really unlikely that Tata will be able to target the Alto/Kwid/Eon in terms of pricing.
da_lowrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2015, 19:44   #305
BHPian

Is the Zica coming in a Petrol AMT guise as well? I know that a Diesel AMT is on the cards, but there are conflicting reports about the Petrol getting AMT. If Tata can launch a Petrol AMT at about a lac more that of the Nano XTA, I will cancel my booking for the Nano and go for this!!
Old 28th November 2015, 20:17   #306
BHPian

The interior dash layout and instrument cluster reminds me of the new Linea's dash and the center console looks close to the one on the TUV300 and S Cross. It looks well built though. This is one thing TATA is doing right since the Zest and that is designing good looking interiors with acceptable levels of quality. Lets hope the rear seat is spacious as the spy pic shows not much space for the rear passengers. Seating three abreast will definitely be a tight fit.
Old 28th November 2015, 20:42   #307
BHPian

The side profile is too similar to the new Figo. Smart product nonetheless. I feel only aggressive pricing can work for Tata at this stage. Tata reliability has also not been very good as I have heard from my driver who is friends with people who run motor garages.
Old 28th November 2015, 21:09   #308
BHPian

Zica is promising. It goes to show Tata motors is ready to give a good fight to the Japs and the Koreans.Future products from Tata stables will be even more promising. I hope Zica makes a good mark in the market and Indians do accept this Made in India' product, rather than outright rejecting it. So good things are going to come. Good luck Tata Motors.

When Indica was launched it was introduced with a price squarely aimed at M800. I remember...Maruti slashed prices out of fear. So, it wont be surprising to see Zica priced a tad bit higher than Alto. This product is capable of tackling both A and B segment vehicles. Come on Tata...surprise us...shake up the segment...make a mark.

Petrol AMT if comes can be a killer of a product. Of course it will definitely replace my 14 year old well-aging Indica.
Old 28th November 2015, 21:28   #309
BHPian

Ah! so this is what they were unloading yesterday in Goa, I was wondering when did Tata be so careful to cover their cars so beautifully while transporting. I believe the media drive is near and hence they are here in Goa. Will get more clear pictures as and when possible.
Old 28th November 2015, 21:52   #310
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Pleseantly surprised with the overall look. Headlights remind of i10. Taillights look premium and any thing unlike Tata. Not able find anything which reminds me of Indica except the Tata badge. Good job.
ottocycle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2015, 22:20   #311
BHPian

Now...... the only job left is a120bhp, 1.20 turbo with a 6 speed manual and smoked HID projector lamps....
Old 28th November 2015, 22:27   #312
BHPian

This is confusing. The car gets all the niceties like steering mounted controls, reverse parking sensors, 6/8 speaker Harman entertainment system (possibly), all power windows and tops it off with that archaic push lever door locking mechanism??
Old 28th November 2015, 22:33   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
....they can really do a "Kwid" here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeprevving View Post
.... So, it wont be surprising to see Zica priced a tad bit higher than Alto. This product is capable of tackling both A and B segment vehicles. Come on Tata...surprise us...shake up the segment...make a mark...
This will be a Celerio / i10 competitor. So expecting a Kwid / Alto price wouldn't work. Both the above cars are built to a cost and the interiors of Zica looks a lot better.

I would happily pay anything close to the i10 (variant to variant) if the engines are worth.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2015, 22:40   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeprevving View Post
So, it wont be surprising to see Zica priced a tad bit higher than Alto. This product is capable of tackling both A and B segment vehicles. Come on Tata...surprise us...shake up the segment...make a mark.
I think Tata should steer well clear of the Alto and not even attempt to portray the Zica as a competitor. TM doesn't have what it takes to pose a challenge in the segment, not right now. Of all the available opportunities the B segment and the mini SUV segment is where they stand a chance to compete - just compete. The Alto wields too much clout in it's segment to be really affected by any new entrant, the Kwid is still pretty much in its honey moon period for buyers to be swayed easily by Tata, the Eon is well entrenched and has Hyundai's brand value to fall back on. Also most buyers in the segment aren't the keenest to experiment IMHO unless the product is really different.

The premium hatch segment is, honestly, a little out of Tata's weight class at the moment. The B segment though does have some opportunities, the Zica can effectively shut out the Beat for good(little as its sales might be), it can actually compete with the Grand i10 in two areas - initial cost and cost of ownership, Hyundai's aren't exactly cheap to maintain as they used to be, anymore, certainly not for the diesel model. Most importantly it does get to make a strong case against the Celerio D in terms of NVH. Manufactured or otherwise, they do have some points to make a case for them selves, whether TM's marketing team can actually exploit these areas remains to be seen.

One unfortunate truth though, is that the Zica petrol is a tough sell - however good the new engine is - the K series 1.0 & Hyundai's 1.2 kappa are really good engine to go up against, and lets not forget the Brio at the upper end if the B segment pile. This revotron motor has its work cut out for it. I would be pleasantly surprised if I'm proved wrong about this part.

To sum it up, the B segment holds an opportunity for Tata to exploit with its diesel motor but the Zica needs to be a value proposition to the buyer, on paper it does seem to have the elements to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I would happily pay anything close to the i10 (variant to variant) if the engines are worth.
Talking of engines, the petrol is supposedly rated at 84bhp (as per autocar), I'm wondering what would the 4 cylinder 1.6 version of this engine make 105-110 bhp?

Last edited by da_lowrider : 28th November 2015 at 23:10. Reason: added content
da_lowrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2015, 23:09   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
This is confusing. The car gets all the niceties like steering mounted controls, reverse parking sensors, 6/8 speaker Harman entertainment system (possibly), all power windows and tops it off with that archaic push lever door locking mechanism??
Well, these push door locking mechanisms can be seen in more expensive cars.
Here's the door of popular SUV Renault Duster

The all new 2016 BMW 7 series sports the same.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)-screenshot-15.png  

Last edited by procrastinator : 28th November 2015 at 23:38.
procrastinator is offline   (15) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks