Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2013, 18:38   #46
BANNED

Re: General Motors temporarily suspends production and sale of the Tavera & Sail dies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
There is another reason for low sales. Low publicity. When I bought my car and sent an email to my office team to come to my desk for sweets. Hardly a couple of them were aware of this car.
That is the sad state of affairs. No one knows about their cars and no great publicity effort from GM.

What I feel is the 1.3 DDiS engine was co-developed by Fiat and GM. For their bad luck the same engine is there is many cars in India but no all sell like how Maruti sells. This just doesn't enter my brain.

Anurag.
Old 9th September 2013, 19:21   #47
GTO
Team-BHP Support

re: GM India issues recall for 1.3 SMARTEC diesel variants of Chevrolet Sail U-VA & sedan

Mohammed Kareem shares the following information via email. Thank You!

Quote:
My overall experience with GM India have been mixed. Mainly due to the inexperienced sales personnel and service center personnel. At 7500KMs I completed 1st service. With Engine oil change interval set at 15000KM, I voluntarily replaced engine oil 2 days back @ 10000KM. The very next day 9/3 I got a recall letter from GM. The letter states clearly that the Crankshaft hub and bolt needed to be replaced. (a 4 hour job)

The day after Service Manager from GM, Hyderabad called me requesting me to come for the necessary repairs. On 9/5 I got my car repaired at Chevrolet Service facility at Hyderabad. They took 5 hours. I got a step by step process they performed on my car. Gives a clear picture on what bolt was removed, what was replaced etc..
Quote:
After the Recall repairs were complete I can say the pickup of the vehicle has consideribly increased, it is more fun to drive. Whether the pickup increase is directly the result of what they did, I do not know. But after driving 10000KM i think I know how differently my car is performing.
Chevrolet issues recall for 1.3L SMARTEC diesel Sail U-VA & sedan-img002.jpg

Chevrolet issues recall for 1.3L SMARTEC diesel Sail U-VA & sedan-img003.jpg

Chevrolet issues recall for 1.3L SMARTEC diesel Sail U-VA & sedan-img004.jpg
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 15:12   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: GM India issues recall for 1.3 SMARTEC diesel variants of Chevrolet Sail U-VA & s

I service my Cruze from the same service center (KUN) and nice to know they are providing similar sterling service to other customers as well.

While i was the ASC, I was chatting up with an early SAIL UVA Petrol owner who was complaining of many niggling problems and wasnt too happy with resolutions provided by KUN.

However, I noted KUN was trying hard to please him. Atleast a positive attitude by them which will take them a long way ahead
Old 12th September 2013, 22:55   #49
BANNED

Re: Chevrolet issues recall for 1.3L SMARTEC diesel Sail U-VA & sedan

My BIL's Chevrolet Sail UV-A was also recalled for the Hub and Bolt replacement.

Here is the attached bill of the repair which was done F.O.C. The part cost is 1508 as I can see from the bill but he was not charged a penny. He completed the 1st service also during this recall.

Chevrolet issues recall for 1.3L SMARTEC diesel Sail U-VA & sedan-img20130912wa0007.jpg

Engine feels smoother is what he says but this may be due to engine oil being new, so the smoothness.

Will see for any updates from my BIL and update here accordingly.

Anurag.
Old 21st September 2013, 20:23   #50
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet issues recall for 1.3L SMARTEC diesel Sail U-VA & sedan

So the Indian govt has finally waken up and are working on a Mandatory Vehicle-Recall Policy. As per the link, it will likely take effect within the next three months. That's some good news.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...EFTTopWhatNews
bigwheelz is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks