Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2015, 15:09   #151
BHPian

re: Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs

Guys,

Another data point.

While trawling through the web, found this.

http://www.livemint.com/Home-Page/Vpe54NyGJEEerGrheZgeBI/Ford-may-drive-in-Mustang-next-year.html

According to this article, some sources peg the launch price to be under 50 lakhs, for potentially one variant.

Seems likely.

With BMW taking the terrible decision of pulling the plug on the 328i, there are almost no petrol powered sports sedans available. Sighhhhhhh

- Nucliomaniac
Nucliomaniac is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2015, 17:56   #152
BHPian

Just back from the US and rented a brand new red Mustang for a day. Really enjoyed the drive and the look/feel/pickup of the car but at 50 lacs, it will be a dud in India - it just doesn't have the 50 lacs feel.

Maybe at 30 lacs Ford may move a few units, but even that's cutting it - there's nothing exceptional in the interiors - more gimmicky stuff than luxury, which is expected at the 25 lacs plus price point.

Examples of gimmicky:
-puddle lamps are in the form of a mustang logo, so you see that on the floor at night
-all switchgear, although looking like launch control type switches, felt cheap
-touchscreen - slow to respond and no navigation (atleast in the car I drove)
-seats felt a bit uncomfortable and short on shoulder space
reppy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 11:22   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucliomaniac View Post
Dude,

I hope this is true.

Any other comments from any other member?

- any Ford India guys?
- do dealers have insights on upcoming models, pricing?

If this is true, I will stay away from buying this year and hold myself out for a mustang, come 2016.

- nucliomaniac
I am Dealer for Ford. If anybody will get the news it will be me. No pricing or model has been announced yet. Most probably in December or January we will be called for a meeting. Its too early to say anything. There is a reason they are not disclosing any information.

Just wait till November you might get a good about the pricing.
ksgehlot is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 20:27   #154
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford Mustang 5.0 GT spotted by Gaadi.com at Arai, Pune.

Looks smoking hawtt !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-fordmustangindia1.jpg  

Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-fordmustangindia2.jpg  

Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-fordmustangindia3.jpg  

Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-fordmustangindia5.jpg  

Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-fordmustangindia6.jpg  

Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-fordmustangindia7.jpg  

//M is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 20:52   #155
Senior - BHPian

Is that a Trailblazer in the background (In black)? Looks like Indian market is really getting crowded day by day
neoonwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 20:53   #156
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Is that a Trailblazer in the background (In black)? Looks like Indian market is really getting crowded day by day
No that is the new Ford Endeavour.
//M is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2015, 22:42   #157
Senior - BHPian

I am surprised the link says 412hp variant? Are they reducing power for India? That's less than my 2014 GT which makes 420! The 2015 model is rated a tad above at 435hp. Also noticed clear lens tail lamps as compared to red in US.

I'll be suprised to see if Ford sells the 5.0 at more than 3x US price. But there will still be buyers in India for the car considering its practicality and power for much less than M4 money.

P.S: I want to import my GT to India now

Last edited by theragingbull : 2nd July 2015 at 22:49.
theragingbull is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 10:34   #158
Senior - BHPian

Sad to know that it is the Automatic version of the GT that will be sold here and no Eco-boost or V6 means the Mustang will still be out of reach for many
Old 3rd July 2015, 12:36   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Sad to know that it is the Automatic version of the GT that will be sold here and no Eco-boost or V6 means the Mustang will still be out of reach for many

I really hope they offer both automatic and manual on the GT. Maybe they've imported an automatic for the testing and homologation, but later offer both transmissions. I'm definitely not buying one if its automatic 😒
Shivjeet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 17:21   #160
BHPian

Drove the Mustang twice on 2 week rentals on trips to US over the past year. Was dissapointed first time around and had booked a Camaro for next trip but couldnt resist a near new black Mustang standing next to the Camaro and eventually ended up renting that. First time up it was a 2011 model and second time it was 2014.

I know rentals are not the best way to form an impression but I was seriously dissapointed by the first time I drove it. It is certainly a looker but I couldnt find a whole lot in the driving experience. Again rentals dont have the more powerful engines but I just felt that the car was all show no go. This despite me driving it in the sports mode all the time. Drove it a a total of 2,400 miles.

The second time experience was more positive in terms of the drive and handling. Not only was it better to drive than the first time around - it was better on FE as well. Did a total of 1,900 miles.

The auto tranny most certainly kills a lot of fun so for the enthusiast - which I presume would be the primary market base - they have to have MT on offer.

All said I would most certainly not plonk in 50 lakhs on a Mustang (if I had that kind of money that is ). IMO somewhere around 35 looks reasonable.

Some pics below from both my rentals. First 5 are from the most recent rental and the last 2 from the previous one.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-img_0100.jpg  

Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-img_0098.jpg  

Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-img_0097.jpg  

Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-img_0102.jpg  

Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-img_0101.jpg  

Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-img_0103.jpg  

Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-img_0104.jpg  

Cesc is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 19:43   #161
BHPian

This is a simply drool worthy design.
However, I think I'll just make do with a view of the exteriors.

Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-image.jpg

That's why.
For a car that's got 99% sporty intent, the seats happen to be wrapped in biege upholstery! Many(incuding most manufacturers) believe that black stands for sporty while biege for luxury. This isn't going down too well with me. I hope we will also get black as an option.
PS: I anyways dislike biege

Last edited by Turbo_asd : 3rd July 2015 at 20:01.
Turbo_asd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 20:15   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivjeet View Post
I really hope they offer both automatic and manual on the GT. Maybe they've imported an automatic for the testing and homologation, but later offer both transmissions. I'm definitely not buying one if its automatic 😒
I really do hope they bring in the manual later. A Mustang is not a Mustang unless it's a manual , also the Getrag transmission is one of the sweetest , now why wouldn't Ford give us that ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_asd View Post

That's why.
For a car that's got 99% sporty intent, the seats happen to be wrapped in biege upholstery! Many(incuding most manufacturers) believe that black stands for sporty while biege for luxury. This isn't going down too well with me. I hope we will also get black as an option.
PS: I anyways dislike biege
They should definitely give us the Black Recaro seats , who options Beige in their Sports cars anyways ?

Also of all the colors like Red , Blue , Black and Grey they got the Yucky Orange one here , Why Ford Why ?
Old 4th July 2015, 12:13   #163
Senior - BHPian

The white one looks great. I strongly believe that the price of this one wont be as expected. Any ways great move.
Old 4th July 2015, 14:45   #164
BHPian

It was imported on 18th may for testing purpose! Hope we see it soon in India! But for what I read online was Ford India was planning to get the "ecoboost" variant to India.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-11406414_10153436881309553_7101839527861154284_o.jpg  

musclecar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2015, 17:08   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Also noticed clear lens tail lamps as compared to red in US.
The clear tail lamps are similar to the European specification mustang. Here in Germany we get mustangs like this. Also notice the missing side marker lamp which is normally integrated in the headlamps in the US spec version is missing in this example. Same story here. The Camaro here also has huge wing mirrors which totally ruins the fluidity of the design.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks