Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2016, 18:55   #271
Team-BHP Support

re: Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
While the price of the muscle car is still unknown, Ford has confirmed that the car will be offered with a 5.0L V8 under the bonnet.

Link to Team-BHP news article

Attachment 1465911

Attachment 1465912
So this is the older "Coyote" V8 engine. The pick of the engines from the new Mustang is the new "Voodoo" V8 engine with the flat plane crank.

Just check the videos (headphones and loud volume preferred):

Vid6639 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 20:32   #272
BHPian

The Mustang has been unveiled today at Ford's pre-Auto Expo Show.

For more details. please check this link :

http://http://auto.ndtv.com/news/for...s-year-1270956

Last edited by TheStranger : 28th January 2016 at 21:00. Reason: Spelling correction
Old 28th January 2016, 20:38   #273
Senior - BHPian

Today was the showcase, they're saying a Q2 launch. Being an American company, am assuming Q2 for them will be April?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-img20160128wa0002.jpg  

Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-img20160128wa0003.jpg  

Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-img20160128wa0004.jpg  

Last edited by manveet : 28th January 2016 at 20:52.
manveet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 21:34   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
So this is the older "Coyote" V8 engine. The pick of the engines from the new Mustang is the new "Voodoo" V8 engine with the flat plane crank.

But the 5.2 liter V8 'Voodoo' is exclusive to the Shelby GT350 and GT350 R. Internationally, all the regular V8 Mustangs get the Coyote 5.0 liter.
And yes, the Voodoo is an absolute gem of an engine, both performance and sound-wise!
Old 28th January 2016, 21:38   #275
BHPian

Carwale expects the price to be 75-80 ex showroom. This is frankly way too much money to spend on a Mustang.

With that much money, you're dangerously close to RS5 territory which is frankly way better in almost all aspects. Icon and brand value will only get you so far. Fit and finish in a Mustang will come nowhere near the quality of all the other cars in this range!
venom_op is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 00:36   #276
Senior - BHPian

In US mustang sells with a V6 (300BHP) and also 4 cylinder ecoboost which actually produces more power (~320BHP) and torque. The ecoboost would have been a good choice for India my view but given than its coming only in V8 variant means that Ford is getting this only for brand building since pricing will be outrageous and not worth the car.

Way back in 2004 i had rented a mustang for almost 3 months in US and found the car to be extremely crude and absolutely poor design and fit and finish on the inside. It was still a fun american muscle car to drive. Recently last yr I again rented it after 11yrs and found the new model to be lot better and refined. However its still no where in the league of europeans. Fit n Finish was still average and handling didnt feel agile enough.
Old 29th January 2016, 08:59   #277
Senior - BHPian

Pricing though not so pleasing, I really wish if they gave us the Mustang in V8 manual. Why would they ever sell the Iconic Mustang in an automatic ?

I feel even the base Mustang GT with fabric seat and manual would have sufficed for us. I think no manufacturer ever wants to give us ( petrolheads ) what we want, rather they want us to buy what they want to sell us
Old 29th January 2016, 09:26   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
Carwale expects the price to be 75-80 ex showroom. This is frankly way too much money to spend on a Mustang.

With that much money, you're dangerously close to RS5 territory which is frankly way better in almost all aspects. Icon and brand value will only get you so far. Fit and finish in a Mustang will come nowhere near the quality of all the other cars in this range!
Just yesterday a friend suggested I should replace my RS5 with the Mustang, I won't deny I did give a thought for a minute only because of the oomph factor. The mustang looks stunning in comparison. But on every other aspect the Ford will not match up.
However on the pricing front there will be a large gap even if ford launches at 75 Lakhs as the RS5 is now over 1cr ex.
Another major area of concern will be the service back up. Ford Figo technicians working alongside on the mustang is bad news. Ford must address this issue by training certain technicians specially for the Mustang and nominate a service or two per metro city where mustangs can be cared for without worrying about the skill set of the service centre.
Old 29th January 2016, 09:54   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford Mustang to make its way to India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Just yesterday a friend suggested I should replace my RS5 with the Mustang, I won't deny I did give a thought for a minute only because of the oomph factor. The mustang looks stunning in comparison. But on every other aspect the Ford will not match up.

However on the pricing front there will be a large gap even if ford launches at 75 Lakhs as the RS5 is now over 1cr ex.

Another major area of concern will be the service back up. Ford Figo technicians working alongside on the mustang is bad news. Ford must address this issue by training certain technicians specially for the Mustang and nominate a service or two per metro city where mustangs can be cared for without worrying about the skill set of the service centre.

Well i partly agree with you that the mustang will be sort of a downgrade after the RS5. BUT as you said it looks better than RS5 but you forgot one point that being the Fun factor. This gen of Mustang being a muscle car is a sports car now as well & its RWD v/s your Quattro so element of fun will be more IMO.

Regards to service, whats happens at BMW ? Rolls Royce being serviced next to BMW 3 series. Price difference 10 times between the 2 cars. But yes the RR service team is different (if you notice they wear BLACK t shirts with RR Logo)
Likewise when the stang is serviced next to a figo which again has a 10 times price difference, they will definitely have different engineers (if not immediately but eventually)

Last edited by karan561 : 29th January 2016 at 09:59.
Old 29th January 2016, 11:32   #280
BHPian

http://www.hindustantimes.com/autos/...NZjH3FUHM.html

Quote:
Prakash Patel, the new product manager for the Mustang, is an Indian.

The car needs to be driven through four-and-half inches of water to see how good it would do in flooded conditions. Changes were made in the engine bay, and have been implemented in all Mustangs.

India also needed a different horn. The horn is louder and is more durable. The horns have been manufactured in Pune.

India was high on low-speed front and rear collision. So, the Mustang now has a new fascia and rear bumpers to stay more protected.

Mustang had to undergo a whole host of packaging changes, including the turn indicator controls, which are on the right-hand side of the steering wheel.

Price expected to start at around Rs 50 lakh.
SandyX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 13:02   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Pricing though not so pleasing, I really wish if they gave us the Mustang in V8 manual. Why would they ever sell the Iconic Mustang in an automatic ?

I feel even the base Mustang GT with fabric seat and manual would have sufficed for us. I think no manufacturer ever wants to give us ( petrolheads ) what we want, rather they want us to buy what they want to sell us
Reality is that pure stick shifts are a thing of the past despite some petrol heads preferring it esp in developed world. What Mustang would certainly have is pedal shifters on the steering wheel and a manual mode to go with it. The recent gen Mustang which I rented in US recently had the same but I eventually ended up using the auto mode in sports for most part. Its intuitive and good enough.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2016, 18:53   #282
Senior - BHPian

The only silver lining with getting the 5.0 V8 would be the number of performance upgrades available off the shelf from so many different makers and that too without voiding the warranty! Like Roush and Shelby to name a few. All those slap-on supercharger kits and body kits will certainly make it very mod-friendly.
Something on the lines of a Harley-Davidson actually. Not many people leave it stock and thats mostly because of the huge american aftermarket industry.
I really hope that the people getting Mustangs will go this route and not leave their rides stock. If stock is what they desire then they should go for the European cars.
Just my two cents.
Old 30th January 2016, 23:13   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Ford India will launch the iconic Mustang coupe today
The brochure on Ford's website mentions power of 401 PS (~395 BHP) and 515 Nm of Torque.

Last edited by Technocrat : 2nd February 2016 at 22:02. Reason: Please quote selectively as a large quoted post causes inconvenience to our mobile readers, thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 23:23   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
The brochure on Ford's website mentions power of 401 PS (~395 BHP) and 515 Nm of Torque.

Maybe the figures from the article are with the Performance pack that is available for Manual Mustangs. Maybe they made an error in reporting.
Old 31st January 2016, 02:06   #285
BHPian

The 'Stang comes in loads of tunes, US ones are generally detuned for emissions, the ones exported get the full beans before the performance packs
Closed Thread

Most Viewed