Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2013, 11:26   #46
BHPian

re: Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs

Considering what happened with Mitsubishi and the Evo X, I doubt this will succeed even as CKD, owing to Indian import duties and other taxes.
Old 5th December 2013, 00:51   #47
BHPian

More of an real world photo of the 'stang. more modern less muscular, i see a 370z on the roofline.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-1729133767408142122.jpg  

RIC.BURNS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 11:09   #48
BHPian

Finally The All New Mustang is revealed.

• A lower, wider stance with a reduction in roof height, and wider rear fenders and track
• The return of Mustang fastback with a sleeker profile enabled by more steeply sloped windshield and rear glass
• Three-dimensional, tri-bar tail-lamps with sequential turn signals
• Contemporary execution of the signature shark-bite front fascia and trapezoidal grille

More information on features and pictures are available on the below link.
http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/201...mustang-reveal

Image and video courtesy : Ford official website.

Attached Thumbnails
Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-mustang-2014.jpg  

Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-mustang-2014-interior.jpg  

Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-mustang-2014-side-view.jpg  

treadmark is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 11:25   #49
Senior - BHPian

I am in love......Period!
Old 7th December 2013, 16:32   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Finally The All New Mustang is revealed.
Probably the best looking car I have ever seen.

As someone who loved and kept the previous version Mustang, this looks like a solid improvement.

And this is the best automobile photoshoot I have seen. Its not too creative or abstract and focuses on the beauty of the vehicle and its components rather than the surroundings or a hot female.
http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/201...l#s550-gallery

Last edited by jalva : 7th December 2013 at 16:43.
Old 7th December 2013, 16:56   #51
Senior - BHPian

I am liking the looks and proportions of this version of the Mustang better than the previous generation. The overall proportions seems to be more in line with the original 1960s car.

I want.
Old 30th January 2014, 11:29   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Latest update on Mustang Launch in India;

Quote:
The entry of Mustang in India is expected to add a lot to the branding of Ford in India, which so far has been selling cars in the mass-volume segment . The association with an aspirational brand will have a positive rub-off effect on the company's image, officials said.
Source: Economic Times
Old 30th January 2014, 12:43   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Latest update on Mustang Launch in India;

Source: Economic Times
I really doubt Economic Times news especially on new car launches.
Let me share my experience some time in 2008.

I was the guy who was carrying the 1st 5 car sets of 'nano' parts (other than body panesl and powertrain) from Pune to Pantnagar plant.
Another 50 sets were yet to be dispatched.
The Singur fiasco was boiling at that time and every media person was desparate to get some kind of news.
I was in a hotel in Pant nagar and one guy ( Sure some correspondent) approached me for some information which I blatantly denied.

Next day morning, I read the Economic times to find a statement - 'Already some 5000 cars are manufactured and ready for dispatch in Pant nagar plant'.

From then onwards, I lost faith in Economic times especially in the auto sector news.

Disclaimer: My intention in sharing this experience is not to hurt any body. Apologies if I did so.

Last edited by Maverick79 : 30th January 2014 at 12:45.
Maverick79 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 14:59   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
I really doubt Economic Times news especially on new car launches.
Let me share my experience some time in 2008.

I was the guy who was carrying the 1st 5 car sets of 'nano' parts (other than body panesl and powertrain) from Pune to Pantnagar plant.
Another 50 sets were yet to be dispatched.
The Singur fiasco was boiling at that time and every media person was desparate to get some kind of news.
I was in a hotel in Pant nagar and one guy ( Sure some correspondent) approached me for some information which I blatantly denied.

Next day morning, I read the Economic times to find a statement - 'Already some 5000 cars are manufactured and ready for dispatch in Pant nagar plant'.

From then onwards, I lost faith in Economic times especially in the auto sector news.

Disclaimer: My intention in sharing this experience is not to hurt any body. Apologies if I did so.
Thanks for sharing your story with us Maverick

Considering RHD versions will be made, so lets be optimistic in thinking that we get the Mustang for Indian market as well
karan561 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2014, 10:18   #55
BHPian

I have meant to do this for the last three years but a very tight schedule has meant i have put it off for ..well, three years , but for all of us who love the Mustang i am going to find the time to post a review of the 2011 V6 manual transmission Mustang that i leased when we moved to the US now nearly three years back.

The short story is, after being fed a diet of 65 to 100 HP cars for a lifetime and considering that acceptable even a 300HP V6 is a huge leap, i took that leap inspite of every local here telling me not do it especially here in the Midwest where we get to -40 C and like last year 5 feet of snow , Rear wheel drive and icy roads dont go along at all. I cant being to describe what it feels like to drive the beast in the winter not to mention the looks you get for being the crazy guy driving a rear wheel drive - but , it is all worth it come non winter months and being able to let it all go. to be fair, in spite of the live axle it handles quite well, not a M3 but very neutral and chuckable once you get used to long nose, more later.

Some pictures of my car before i post a proper review.

The 2015 one is expected to hit the dealerships in Sept / Oct and i will try to post a test drive review , albeit a short one.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-dsc_0003.jpg  

Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-dsc_0052.jpg  

sanjayr328 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 18:29   #56
Senior - BHPian

Ford website says that the 2015 Mustang starts production at Ford’s Flat Rock Assembly Plant!!!
They are going to build this, for the first time in 50 year history, a RHD Mustang
Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-rhd-mustang.jpeg

Targeting 25 new Right Hand Drive markets, hopefully of which, one will be our shore.

Source and pic courtesy: Ford Online.
sarathlal is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 19:24   #57
Senior - BHPian

Ford Mustangs product chief is Raj Nair who is an Indian. I'm beginning to get highly optimistic that this baby is coming to India now.
stanjohn123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2015, 14:39   #58
BHPian

Ford has formally unveiled its resurrected GT350R Mustang at the Detroit motor show. The iconic muscle car will make a hero's return to the US later this year powered with what Ford calls "the most powerful naturally-aspirated Ford production engine" ever produced: a 5.2-litre V8 said to generate more than 375kW of power and 540Nm of torque. The engine is tied to a six-speed manual transmission sending drive to the rear wheels with the help of a Torsen limited-slip differential. Ford claims "Most Track-Capable Production Mustang Ever Built"
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-gt350...jpg  

Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-shelbygt350r_09_hr.jpg  

Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-shelbygt350r_08_hr.jpg  

Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-shelbygt350r_23_hr.jpg  

Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-shelbygt350r_12_hr.jpg  

Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-shelbygt350r_04_hr.jpg  

Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-shelbygt350r_06_hr.jpg  

Old 14th January 2015, 16:17   #59
Senior - BHPian

It's 2015 and Mustang hasn't found our shores yet ?
Old 14th January 2015, 17:04   #60
Taffy

now if ever you open a link and it sets your heart racing here it is (and the picture is sunny :-) )

http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks