Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2015, 17:39   #61
BHPian

re: Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs

having owned a pony (2006 v6) when I was in US I can truly say driving the mustang is a different experience all together.

Drove a Charger, Z4, Miata, Rx8 and some other cars but the feel you get when you drive a mustang is un-matched.

The major difference I felt was the feedback, the feedback from tyres to the steering wheel can really be felt when you drive a mustang. Can't wait for it to hit Indian shores and maybe buy one if budget allows.
Old 14th January 2015, 22:45   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
It's 2015 and Mustang hasn't found our shores yet ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchy_cool View Post
Can't wait for it to hit Indian shores and maybe buy one if budget allows.

Please be aware that there was NO official communication yet from Ford whether Mustang will hit Indian shores or not. Hence this still remains a speculation and all these started when Ford announced right hand drive.

Cheers!
Old 16th January 2015, 07:29   #63
BHPian

Here are a few pictures of my Mustang , had to sell it when I came back to India but she was fun to ride
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-482039_374857309247393_643923848_n.jpg  

Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-563822_444358712297252_1508464538_n.jpg  

Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-1014320_530487687017687_447977709_n.jpg  

munchy_cool is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th January 2015, 15:33   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchy_cool View Post
Here are a few pictures of my Mustang , had to sell it when I came back to India but she was fun to ride

One good looking car, bro.

Do you have any pics of the Engine and interiors? And any recordings of the engine note - drool
Old 16th January 2015, 19:16   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post

One good looking car, bro.

Do you have any pics of the Engine and interiors? And any recordings of the engine note - drool

sorry buddy, no pics of engine bay and interiors of my pony. I do have a video our group heading out for a drive.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

in case you want pictures of mustangs, I have clicked quite a few on our drives.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3823163&type=3

munchy_cool is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 13:51   #66
Senior - BHPian

Apparently, Ford India has confirmed to Autocar that the iconic Mustang will be launched in India this year. I'm pretty excited reading this. Bring it on, Ford! Atleast this will make other manufacturers think of bringing in their affordable (in a relative sense) sports cars to India.

Quote:
"Ford will bring four new vehicles to its Indian showrooms this year. We reported back in 2013 that the American carmaker was mulling bringing the Mustang to India. Ford has now confirmed to Autocar that it will indeed be launching the Mustang in India this year. Probably one of the most well-known cars in the world, the Mustang will serve as the halo product in Ford's India portfolio. Internationally, the Mustang is available with three engines - a 3.7-litre V6, the 5.0-litre Mustang GT and the Shelby GT500 that is powered by a 5.8-litre supercharged V8. Ford also sells the Mustang as a drop-top, but it remains to be seen which variant makes it to India.

The much-awaited Ford Figo Aspire compact sedan will be the first of these new launches. The Ford Figo Aspire is a sub-4-metre compact sedan that will take on the likes of the Maruti Swift Dzire, Honda Amaze, Hyundai’s Xcent and the Tata Zest. It will roll out from the new Ford plant at Sanand, Gujarat. The Figo Aspire will be powered by a 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel motor. Ford will also launch the Figo Aspire compact sedan with a 1.5-litre petrol mated to a 6-speed double-clutch automatic gearbox.

Next up will be the Ford Figo hatchback. Expected around mid-2015, the new Figo will replace the current-generation Figo hatchback in the market. It will compete with the likes of the Maruti Swift, Hyundai Grand i10 and Nissan Micra to name a few. The new Ford Figo hatchback will be available in both petrol and diesel engine options and will also roll out from the new Sanand plant.

Ford will also debut the new Ford Endeavour SUV. The Endeavour has recently been unveiled internationally and will hit Indian roads just before the festive season. This new SUV will take on the likes of the Toyota Fortuner, Mitsubishi Pajero Sport and the SsangYong Rexton. Ford is likely to launch the new Endeavour in a 2.2-litre and 3.2-litre engine options mated to both manual as well as automatic gearboxes.

With four launches targeting four different segments, 2015 looks like a pretty important year for the manufacturer, that looks to regain a lot of lost market share."

Source: http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ar-394113.aspx

Last edited by Technocrat : 30th March 2015 at 21:23. Reason: Put quotes around quoted text, thanks
arvi86 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 16:00   #67
BHPian

Not sure why they would want to bring the small Eco-Boost engine here. If its going to be a halo product anyway (with zero to very-low sales), then why not create a big manly halo with a huge snarling V8
lordrayden is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2015, 20:48   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
Not sure why they would want to bring the small Eco-Boost engine here. If its going to be a halo product anyway (with zero to very-low sales), then why not create a big manly halo with a huge snarling V8
Haha, that cracked me up. Honestly, like you said, I doubt Ford will make many sales. Power, in India at least, is not the criteria in the ~50 lakh segment. Luxury and comfort are, and this is where the Mustang doesn't fare to well. Especially against the German marquees. However, if Ford prices it like its prices in USA, no doubt sales will be decent as it can qualify for the weekend car that one can look up to that is decently comfortable and drives well.

Ford should definitely price it well, or it will be a dud and will defeat the purpose of serving as a Halo car.
Old 30th March 2015, 21:27   #69
Senior - BHPian

Not sure how serious Ford is about this car for India but they can surely do it now than before. Earlier the Mustang was a US only product with no RHD option, the latest gen Mustang is a Global model which would be made for both RHD & LHD markets.

The Ecoboost would make most sense as the Germans are already selling smaller turbo charged engines. The Eco Boost has best fuel efficiency amongst the 3 engines & is no slouch with 300+ horses.
Old 31st March 2015, 11:29   #70
BHPian

No diesel. No care.

hehe.. j/k. Competing this against the lux-3 will be a terrible thing to do. It could be positioned as a different thing altogether - taking away luxury to shore up manliness? Just follow Mahindra's formula.
Old 31st March 2015, 12:58   #71
BHPian

Yes, the Mustang is iconic. It has its own appeal, so it has to be positioned differently and then it will hold its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
No diesel. No care.

hehe.. j/k. Competing this against the lux-3 will be a terrible thing to do. It could be positioned as a different thing altogether - taking away luxury to shore up manliness? Just follow Mahindra's formula.

Last edited by jetti : 31st March 2015 at 13:02.
Old 1st April 2015, 12:11   #72
BHPian

Ford Mustang India launch is confirmed. Most probably it will be launched by the end of this year. They will only be getting the Mustang GT which is the 5.0 L V8 with full loadings. Not sure weather it will be with manual or auto transmission. Check out this video which was shown at the Dealer meet which was held recently.

ksgehlot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 12:31   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Mustang GT (5L V8) price in the USA is aprox 32k U$ (ex-showroom) i.e. INR 20L

So can it be launched in India for a price INR 50-55 L (ex-showroom) ?
Old 1st April 2015, 12:36   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Mustang GT (5L V8) price in the USA is aprox 32k U$ (ex-showroom) i.e. INR 20L

Not really sure what the pricing would be. They won't keep ridiculous price tag like the Germans.
Old 1st April 2015, 13:16   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post

It will also depend on whether they bring the units as CBU or CKD.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed