Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2016, 12:16   #301
Team-BHP Support

re: Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs

Quote:
At 15 lakhs INR per unit, one would assume a price point of 45-50 Lakhs ex-showroom maybe
no, we are looking at something like 65-70 Lac Ex Showroom unless FORD gets too greedy , enclosed is one calculation sheet that I did for LC recently.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Import duty & taxes calculation result.pdf (143.2 KB, 1971 views)
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 13:38   #302
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
One of them is surely the media car (rubbing hands with glee).

Attachment 1494476
I'm sensing a Review should be up soon!
mohammedismail is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 14:39   #303
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
All red with black wheels! Zauba says 4 of them have been imported; looks like someone went out on a joyride with one of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
Actually 6 were imported - looks like 3 have been taken on joyrides.
4th Mustang found !

Thanks to a Team-BHP Fan for sharing this image (he prefers to remain anonymous). On display in front of Ford's assembly plant @ Sanand.

Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-image00001.jpg
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 16:51   #304
BHPian

More cars are coming in via ship. Soon you will see lot of Mustangs in the stock yard. April is the month they are keeping to stock as many cars as possible.
ksgehlot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 22:37   #305
BHPian

Am I the only person who is feeling let down by the absence of a 6 speed manual transmission?
Especially when the electric and Hybrid performance cars are taking over the world, and Mustang is part of the dying breed of V8's+Manual transmission. IMO still feel that the void of the said combination or niche , whatever you may call it, even exist in a country like India. And there will be many takers for sure. Or am I to understand the unspoken language of premiumisation which points towards a hefty, unattractive price tag?
Whatever the reason may be, I would still wait hopefully for the near extinct Manuals #SaveTheManuals
johannskaria is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 00:02   #306
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
More cars are coming in via ship. Soon you will see lot of Mustangs in the stock yard.
Thanks for the information , are you aware or can share details of possible launch date ?

Last edited by Turbanator : 7th April 2016 at 00:23.
Old 7th April 2016, 02:11   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
Am I the only person who is feeling let down by the absence of a 6 speed manual transmission?
Especially when the electric and Hybrid performance cars are taking over the world, and Mustang is part of the dying breed of V8's+Manual transmission. IMO still feel that the void of the said combination or niche , whatever you may call it, even exist in a country like India. And there will be many takers for sure. Or am I to understand the unspoken language of premiumisation which points towards a hefty, unattractive price tag?
Whatever the reason may be, I would still wait hopefully for the near extinct Manuals #SaveTheManuals

You're not the only one mate. I'm with you, and I've even written to their Indian management regarding this. I don't know what to do now. I don't understand why automotive brands have issues in providing options to their customers, especially when their product is a CBU. 😡
Shivjeet is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 03:30   #308
BHPian

The Mustang is certainly a looker! Seen quite a few on the roads here lately and all of them look stunning!
Also, the New South Wales Police have one for highway patrol duties, have to say it looks good in police colours!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-img_3243e14564408445701920x1080.jpg  

Jeeper1941 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 08:28   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm with you too. It's hard to believe that Mustang fans would want their ponies in an automatic.

I wonder how they come up with this decision. To be fair they should have sold the auto and manual side by side and then decide what the market wants. This is like shoving auto's through our throats and if it does not go in, they may stop pushing it, which would be sadder
stanjohn123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 09:51   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
I'm with you too. It's hard to believe that Mustang fans would want their ponies in an automatic.

I wonder how they come up with this decision. To be fair they should have sold the auto and manual side by side and then decide what the market wants. This is like shoving auto's through our throats and if it does not go in, they may stop pushing it, which would be sadder
But the sad truth is, most die hard fans cannot afford one. And the ones that can afford a two door sports car like this, certainly have few other Luxury barges in their garage already, and are by now used to the convenience of an AT, and so wouldn't mind this too much.

PS: After reading about the handling of the BMW cars all my childhood, my first experience when my friend let me drive his 3 series was rather disappointing. I felt like an avid biker on a powerful scooter.

Manual shifters maybe slower, but they still got soul
aravind.anand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 10:05   #311
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
But the sad truth is, most die hard fans cannot afford one. And the ones that can afford a two door sports car like this, certainly have few other Luxury barges in their garage already, and are by now used to the convenience of an AT, and so wouldn't mind this too much.

PS: After reading about the handling of the BMW cars all my childhood, my first experience when my friend let me drive his 3 series was rather disappointing. I felt like an avid biker on a powerful scooter.

Manual shifters maybe slower, but they still got soul
I thought of the same thing. In the Middle East the main dealer used to get only Automatic cars with full options with considerable mark up in price. But what buyers do there is, they order the car with manual and required options directly from the US and ship it to themselves.

Thanks to their very less duties, this worked out much much cheaper for them and they also got what they really wanted. Unfortunately we don't have that luxury due to the high duty structure and corrupt customs officials.

I know this because their market is flooded with ton's of manual mustangs imported from US. So yes, I do not believe Ford India's decision to get the automatic's for us is because they think that is what we want.
stanjohn123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 11:49   #312
BHPian

Quote:
With these cars even i feel the need for a manual transmission. I like to Shift hard on the stick as well on the clutch to give me the feeling of an agressive ride. But i won't be so disappointed. You got a Select Shift transmission which their duel clutch gear box also you get the paddle shifters , so its not all that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Thanks for the information , are you aware or can share details of possible launch date ?
I was told that the cars are on their way. But these could be the same cars used in the auto expo and for other events. They came in via air.

Last edited by Zappo : 7th April 2016 at 16:59. Reason: Please use the multiquote and edit buttons to respond to multiple people at one go. No back to back posts please.
ksgehlot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 12:14   #313
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Truly sad, but you can't blame Ford. They're only following the market. If the demand was there, they would happily sell what the customer wants. In the premium segment, there is absolutely no demand for MTs. Mercedes used to sell MTs till 2006 - 2007 (IIRC), but discontinued them as they weren't moving. Plus, a lot of the MT cars came in asking for warranty replacements on the clutch (high torque + clutch slipping = clutch burnt = big $$$ replacement = unhappy customer).

The M5 is losing its MT. BMW M chief says that demand has dropped to effectively zero (related article).
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 12:48   #314
BHPian

I can't help but remember this song by White Zombie called 'Black Sunshine'. The lyrics goes like this, "Gripping the wheel, his knuckles went white with desire! The wheelsof his Mustang exploding on the highway like a slug from a .45. True death: 400 horsepower of maximum performance piercing the night... This is black sunshine!" I wish they use it in their ad Truly an adrenaline pumping track that befits the car.

Here's the video:
meples is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 13:02   #315
BHPian

I was quite lucky to drive it for the past 2 months as my company rental car while on a trip to US of A. My few bits on this car :

*When I sat for the first time, it feels a lot roomier inside unlike any entry level muscle car. I try not to use the term muscle car, as it is more marketed in the US as a fastback.
*I drove the 2016 model which had done around 2000 miles when I got it. It is a 3.7L V6 with all the creature comforts including leather upholstery & paddle shifts. I am not sure which variant it is, as the rental agencies have their own customized fleet of cars.
*I leave the specs for India to you all to speculate.
*Driving it for the first time felt like the front of the car turns before your eyes, rather than the normal feeling of other cars. This is because of the long bonnet and the drivers seat being too close to the rear wheels. It is like you are sitting close to the torquing point of car rather than a normal sedan, hatchback, SUV or a pickup (I have driven a Ford F250 in Canada for a month before this Mustang. Lets save that when they launch the trucks). It is a completely mind altering feel to have sat in a car. None of the sports car feel this way. I think this can be only felt in the 2 seaters of 80s and 90s with a long bonnet and short rear.
*The engine / gearbox has 3 levels of tuning (normal, sport, sport+ & track). Normal is not responsive and returns bad fuel efficiency(). Sport and sport+ are aggressive in increasing terms. Track is the same as sport+ without traction control.
*Similarly, the steering has normal, sport and comfort which operates as the name says.
*Compared with Dodge challenger and Chevy camaro, Mustang drives pretty nimble and feels more lighter. However it is quite a heavy car and cannot be called a sports car, even if it gets a 5L V8. Still a fastback.
*Design of the car is quite modern whereas it still retains its classic lines. The rear of the car looks more like the swedish designs. The roofline has a beautiful flow to it, which makes the car LOOK faster on roads.
*Overall Pretty impressed with its behaviour and road handling given its muscle car genes.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-img_3226.jpg  

carthick1000 is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks