Team-BHP - Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/141244-ford-mustang-coming-india-edit-launched-65-lakhs.html)

Mod Note: Our Mustang Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

According to a small news blip in Autocar India, Ford is planning to launch the the Mustang in India sometime late in 2014.

As per the report, Ford wants to give its brand a 'bit of a halo' in India. Hence it is developing a RHD version as part of the 50th anniversary redesign in 2014. The new Mustang will debut at the New York Motor Show and will make its way to India later in the year (2014).

Good move by Ford! They could surely use some image building with this iconic car.
Hope they price it well with adequate service support.

There's no doubt that the Mustang will be a great success in India. Movies have epitomized the model and most Indians who travel to the US just *have* to at least click a picture in/with one!

It's going to be a rich boy's toy though; 2-doors aren't exactly the flavor in India.

If only they can have a good price point and a capable A.S.S.

Wow !! I have driven that car in US and I can tell for sure, it is amazing. Its good to see companies finally taking Indian market seriously. I hope they price it competitively

Will it be suitable for our curvy roads? A fellow bhpian, who owned two when he was in the US, said they handled poorly, unlike European Fords. However, they are fantastic in straight line.

Anyways, good to know that Ford is bringing this iconic car to India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vnabhi (Post 3229317)
Will it be suitable for our curvy roads? A fellow bhpian, who owned two when he was in the US, said they handled poorly, unlike European Fords. However, they are fantastic in straight line.

Anyways, good to know that Ford is bringing this iconic car to India.

Didn't get a chance to test it on curvy roads. But it is an iconic car with good straight line speed and an addictive engine note. Hummer and Mustang are the 2 cars which had huge fan following in US.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ch-355940.aspx

According to ACI we can expect the Mustang in India by early 2015.:Cheering:

If they can bring in the v6 within 40lakhs. It would be really awesome. All iconic sports
Cars like the evolution , 370z haven't really performed that good in our market. The main reason being the pricing and petrol :P Lets see how ford faces this challenge!

I sincerely hope this does not go the Chevrolet Camaro way.
The Camaro was exhibited at the Delhi Auto Expo in 2012, and was supposed to have made its way to Indian shores in 2012 itself. Here we are almost at the fag end of 2013 and still no news of the Camaro.
Even if one of the two, the Mustang or the Camaro launches in India, I'm running to the showroom with the chequebook.

OT: Same thing with Triumph Motorcycles. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 (Post 3229426)
If they can bring in the v6 within 40lakhs. It would be really awesome. All iconic sports
Cars like the evolution , 370z haven't really performed that good in our market. The main reason being the pricing and petrol :P Lets see how ford faces this challenge!

V6 for 40 lakhs :Frustrati, that's a very high overpriced car. Base trim with V6 starts at $22,200, so my best guess even if they do Complete knockdown kit import, the base version should be at around 20-22 lakhs.if they do some localization then they can get down to 16 -18 lakhs, which will be a hot cake.For 40 lakhs you should get GT Premium(V8) with Brembo brake package.

One more thing to consider Ford is not a Luxury brand, so if they price something more than 20 -22 lakhs they will hardly sell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS (Post 3229460)

V6 for 40 lakhs :Frustrati, that's a very high overpriced car. Base trim with V6 starts at $22,200, so my best guess even if they do Complete knockdown kit import, the base version should be at around 20-22 lakhs.if they do some localization then they can get down to 16 -18 lakhs, which will be a hot cake.For 40 lakhs you should get GT Premium(V8) with Brembo brake package.

One more thing to consider Ford is not a Luxury brand, so if they price something more than 20 -22 lakhs they will hardly sell.

Lol you are expecting too much my friend. I have always observed one thing from my experience in Bahrain that the price is always up by 1.5-2times in india. For example the accord in bahrain is available between 10-12lakhs whereas in india for 22lakhs. The mustang in Bahrain was maybe a lakh and half more than the v6 accord.(13k bhd I guess)
The v6 is here for about 27-28lakhs. So the mustang would be definitely 30+lakhs
Localisation for a petrol sports car that too in india? :O :P
Correct me if my above calculations are wrong?

Asit

Wow! Awesome news. Have been a fan of Mustang since childhood and got to try my hands with a BOSS 402 earlier this year. Will never forget that engine note and crazy acceleration.
Ford Mustang coming to India. EDIT: Launched at 65 lakhs-216079_10151457209691257_1710840432_n.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sudan_NFS (Post 3229460)

Very Good news. Have been a fan of this car for a long time. Had seen a couple of the oldies when I was in Sydney.

Coming to Ford not being a luxury brand - Correct but Mustang is an Iconic car. And with Indian taxes I do not think it will cost less. Lets hope they price it according to the market.

Wait, end of 2014 is the launch of the EcoBoost Mustang right ? We'll get that probably. Mustang with a 4-cylinder EcoBoost engine.

I remember the Mustang being bashed a lot in Top Gear for having a great engine and great nothing else. Wonder how it'll do in India though, because at the expected price of around 30 lacs it should have no competition as far as the kilowatt factor is concerned.

An iconic car is on its way? I can't wait for this car! But the thing is, with some of the ford A.S.S even struggling to fix niggles in ford figos, i think the mustang will need to be a well thought decision if one needs to bring it into the garage. Anyways, this is good news and goes to show that manufacturers are finally becoming serious about the Indian market. It should only get better from here.

P.S: Methinks this will be the 4 cyl ecoboost version.