Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Is revision of Ford Ecosport prices so soon after launch an unfair Practice by Ford?
Yes, it is an unfair practice. 368 81.06%
No, it is not an unfair practice 86 18.94%
Voters: 454. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2014, 13:48   #226

Re: Ford EcoSport : Price revision, an unfair/sharp practice

Ford dealers are now calling up people who have booked the Ecosport and asking them to transfer their booking to Ford Figo or Ford Fiesta (Classic or Regular).

The main reason for them not to deliver vehicles on time is,major outsourcing of parts which is not able to meet the large demands. Rupee fall further is also taking a toll on this.Hence,the price increase and later delivery of vehicles.

Moreover,20% of these vehicles are also exported which are much higher in price compared to the Indian Pricing.
Old 20th January 2014, 15:22   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilmadgavkar View Post
Ford dealers are now calling up people who have booked the Ecosport and asking them to transfer their booking to Ford Figo or Ford Fiesta (Classic or Regular).

The main reason for them not to deliver vehicles on time is,major outsourcing of parts which is not able to meet the large demands. Rupee fall further is also taking a toll on this.Hence,the price increase and later delivery of vehicles...
Everybody hangs on to this trick called "rupee depreciation"! On another thread, a bhp'ian informs that dealers are NOT supposed to take any bookings for the New Fiesta!

What on earth is happening?
Old 20th January 2014, 17:08   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam003 View Post
What are they talking about, waiting for petrol so called ECo Boost for 1.5 year
Well, I suppose a major chunk of their exports would be 1.0 Ecoboost which is the most export-wanted technologically advanced petrol available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilmadgavkar View Post

Moreover,20% of these vehicles are also exported which are much higher in price compared to the Indian Pricing.
I wouldn't be surprised, in fact I guess it is the other way round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
On another thread, a bhp'ian informs that dealers are NOT supposed to take any bookings for the New Fiesta!

What on earth is happening?
Behold! The facelift to the market dud is making its way through?!
Old 20th January 2014, 17:11   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
Well, I suppose a major chunk of their exports would be 1.0 Ecoboost which is the most export-wanted technologically advanced petrol available.

I wouldn't be surprised, in fact I guess it is the other way round.

Behold! The facelift to the market dud is making its way through?!

Well exports would make them more profits,rather more money as these models are rather overpriced when sold outside,with some addition of accessories of-course.
Old 20th January 2014, 17:21   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvijay View Post
...Behold! The facelift to the market dud is making its way through?!
Well, as per someone from Ford, that's the next biggest thing from Ford.
Old 23rd January 2014, 11:08   #231
BHPian

After waiting for 5 months plus for a Ecosport TDCi Titanium, got a call from Ford yesterday saying "your ecosport's expected delivery is before July 14"

waiting more than a year for a car doesn't make sense now.

Requesting BHPians to give some input.
Old 23rd January 2014, 11:19   #232
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure if there's any car out there which would make me wait more than a month to take delivery. The last time I bought a new car, I could hardly wait even for the loan cheque to come through.

What a dilemma for Ford! There other "premium" car (Fiesta) doesn't sell and the one that sells, they can't seem to clear the queues fast enough.
Old 23rd January 2014, 12:00   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trtraj View Post
After waiting for 5 months plus for a Ecosport TDCi Titanium, got a call from Ford yesterday saying "your ecosport's expected delivery is before July 14"

You are correct! If your vitamin M is supporting then at this juncture there is no need to wait that long. Please remember, budget also coming in this quarter and you don't know what is there for auto sector and for us in this budget.

Thanks
rnidumolu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2014, 12:05   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If I were you, I'll wait for the Auto Expo next month to get clarity on the models coming in over the next 2 years. Also, factor in atleast 2 price increases before July this year
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2014, 13:25   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnidumolu View Post
You are correct! If your vitamin M is supporting then at this juncture there is no need to wait that long. Please remember, budget also coming in this quarter and you don't know what is there for auto sector and for us in this budget.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
If I were you, I'll wait for the Auto Expo next month to get clarity on the models coming in over the next 2 years. Also, factor in atleast 2 price increases before July this year

You both were exactly on the point where am oscillating. Ford already increased Ecosport price and reduced the Classic price and never know what would be there on July 2014.

Now thinking about alternate options.

2013 Duster is with 13.3 OTR for RXL 110 BHP -60k (overall discount)
2014 Terrano 85 PS top end with 13.03 OTR

Both prices in chennai

Would it be worth spending around 2 lacs for these vehicles ?
Old 23rd January 2014, 13:54   #236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...2013 Duster is with 13.3 OTR for RXL 110 BHP -60k (overall discount)
2014 Terrano 85 PS top end with 13.03 OTR

Both prices in chennai

Depends on what you want! If you want to carry your family for long trips in comfort, Duster / Terrano makes more sense; especially if you have another small car.

If features / interiors / style matter to you, wait for Ecosport. I can think Ford will definitely have another price hike coming in the next 6 months. You may also want to factor in the additional tax which will most probably add during the coming budget.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 23rd January 2014 at 13:55.
Old 23rd January 2014, 14:35   #237
BHPian

Quote:

Only you can decide whether it is worth spending another 2L. Depends on how much you value the additional benefits that you get from the Duster/Terrano.
Old 23rd January 2014, 15:03   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Depends on what you want! If you want to carry your family for long trips in comfort, Duster / Terrano makes more sense; especially if you have another small car.

If features / interiors / style matter to you, wait for Ecosport. I can think Ford will definitely have another price hike coming in the next 6 months. You may also want to factor in the additional tax which will most probably add during the coming budget.
I also have a Honda City booked, all of the sudden my wife expressed her interest that it would be better if we have SUV kind of vehicle as i use to travel more (mostly Hill stations)

So, Kept the City in hold and started looking for options.

Ground clearance, Space and Decent looking interiors are my preference, Bluetooth is essential, not a big fan of steering mounted controls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksport View Post
Only you can decide whether it is worth spending another 2L. Depends on how much you value the additional benefits that you get from the Duster/Terrano.
for that 2 Lacs i could see bigger look, Extra seat space, and Extra Boot.

I could not value any other things on both Duster and Terrano and that is why i booked Ecosport.

BTW, spoke to the Ford dealer and expressed my disappointment to him. Lets see whether i can get it.

I have read in our forum that lot of BHPians got the Ecosport within 6 months.
Old 23rd January 2014, 16:19   #239
BHPian

Quote:

If current Duster or Terrano does not interest you then you must consider switching to MUV or a Sedan. You can consider options like
- Honda City
- Hyundai Verna
- Volkswagen Vento
- Maruti Ertiga

Alternatively, I would suggest you to wait till the Auto Expo and consider some of the following cars if the respective manufacturers were to reveal a tentative launch date.
- Honda Mobilio
- Mahindra S101
- Maruti XA Alpha
- Fiat Linea
- Renault Duster (Facelift)
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2014, 16:39   #240
Senior - BHPian

One of my colleague had booked a Ecoboost at the launch time here in Bangalore and was told six months for delivery. Tired of the wait and multiple extensions he cancelled the booking.

However during his visit to his native recently - Bhuvaneshwar he visited the Ford showroom there and saw ALL the variants available and on display. Here the dealer quoted 2 months delivery for the Ecoboost and my colleague did book it there. The car will be shipped to Chennai from where he can drive down to Bangalore and get it registered.

He also said that some other variants were available at shorter wait time. Clearly seems like Ford is not managing the demand and delivery process properly with the high demand markets completely starved and smaller markets getting the vehicles on demand.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks