Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2015, 12:06   #76
BHPian

Re: The Tata Zica Hatchback (aka Kite)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sary View Post
One of their so called best product (Zest), have been spotted with hood open at several occasions when I travel on NH's.
I am a very frequent traveller, most times drive myself, in the NH4 and esp between Mumbai -Pune on the expressway. Till date , since launch of Zest/ Bolt, I have not seen a single Zest stranded on the road , forget with hood open.

Quite surprised at your statement you had seen such 'several occassions', unless its a deliberate attempt just to badmouth a brand, for whatever reason.

Lets appreciate a good car and an honest attempt by Tata's , I pray that they succeed this time .

Good Luck Zica !
Amazing is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 12:09   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Isn't this a compromise or "chalta hai" attitude? Why get 'caught' either ways when you have better options in the market? Likes of Honda's and Toyota's.
Once again its subjective and personal choice, their is no "chalta hai" attitude here. Hope you understand and recognize these facts
Old 2nd December 2015, 12:10   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Isn't this a compromise or "chalta hai" attitude? Why get 'caught' either ways when you have better options in the market? Likes of Honda's and Toyota's.
Chaltha hai is not my attitude. I'm very particular about my wheels. They work better than my legs. Not sure if my signature below is visible to you (I don't see it). It should show how much I drive. I don't need brand value. I just need a reliable car which is VFM. Why pay more when I can get it for less?
discoverwild is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 12:18   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
Quite surprised at your statement you had seen such 'several occassions', unless its a deliberate attempt just to badmouth a brand, for whatever reason.

Lets appreciate a good car and an honest attempt by Tata's , I pray that they succeed this time .

Good Luck Zica !
Exactly my feelings! At least let the car be launched and take a TD then badmouth it, if you don't like it. Till then, we should perhaps reserve our judgements about reliability and handling.

It's like judging a kid, if a kid flunks once in some subject he will never be able to pass that subject no matter how much he studies. Doesn't work that way, does it now?

No intention of offending anyone, but I see this trend in all of Tata and perhaps Fiat threads. No matter whatever they do, there are people who are bashing them for everything under the sun!
teemus is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 12:18   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
5 cars I know personally - My vista, My cousin's Indigo and Manza, My friend's Indica and Vista - have done cumulatively more than 6L KMs without a single break down. Will this count as being reliable?

This car - Zica - have everything the crowd loos for, in the competing segment - good looks, long list of features and (on paper) good engine choices. Hope this time market will shed the inhibition and will give Tata a chance.

PS: Yes, of course It is "Chalta Hai" attitude - I want my gaadi to be "Chaltha Hai" than "Roktha Hai"

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 2nd December 2015 at 12:24.
theexperthand is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 12:22   #81
BHPian

Quote:
I'm seeing people often talk about the dynamics and overall looks of this car, which in Tata's case is no where close to other foreign manufacturers cars available in Indian market in that segment.

Therefore the question I ask, how reliable is Tata car on road? How often will it leave you stranding on the road? One of their so called best product (Zest), have been spotted with hood open at several occasions when I travel on NH's.
i dont quite agree. the Zest is a very good looking car and definitely at par if not above with the foreign cars.

As regards the reliability, i had been using a Indica Xeta for the last 8 years. never ever stranded by side of the road. in fact, except for the regular tire change and the battery change, didn't spend much on the car in terms of maintenance and repairs.
srj1266 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 12:24   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Chaltha hai is not my attitude. I'm very particular about my wheels. They work better than my legs. Not sure if my signature below is visible to you (I don't see it). It should show how much I drive. I don't need brand value. I just need a reliable car which is VFM. Why pay more when I can get it for less?
That's my whole point, to have a "Reliable" car. Read about 'Brand value' and you will understand how paying a little more premium adds value to one's own status and peace of mind. No business is in market to run charity, you get what you pay for.
And yes, your signature is not visible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaapps View Post
Once again its subjective and personal choice, their is no "chalta hai" attitude here. Hope you understand and recognize these facts
Agreed, looks are personal however this one looks typically a Zest / Bolt from front at least for me. Nothing new !

Quote:
I am a very frequent traveller, most times drive myself, in the NH4 and esp between Mumbai -Pune on the expressway. Till date , since launch of Zest/ Bolt, I have not seen a single Zest stranded on the road , forget with hood open.

Lets appreciate a good car and an honest attempt by Tata's , I pray that they succeed this time.

Good Luck Zica !
Will certainly click some pics and post for you and benefit of forum members next time.

Meanwhile, I leave you with a question- why pray for success? If the car is worth, it will sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaapps View Post
Well, I am owner of both Tata Manza and Tata Zest, they are both reliable , I am not stranded by them for last 6 years(Manza) and last 8 months for Tata Zest.
You have been lucky my friend
Old 2nd December 2015, 12:34   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's my whole point, to have a "Reliable" car. Read about 'Brand value' and you will understand how paying a little more premium adds value to one's own status and peace of mind. No business is in market to run charity, you get what you pay for.
And yes, your signature is not visible.
1991-2015 Tata 625K, Maruti 300K, Hyundai 87K, Ford :: 90K, Toyota 160K, HM 100K :: 2012 Vista Quadrajet :: 84K kms

That's what my signature reads. I care two hoots for brand value and status. That basically shows I am a snob. The car or my house or my clothes or my appearance does not matter. It's what I do that defines me.

Just go through recalls of all major brands in India and you will understand that there's a lemon everywhere.
discoverwild is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 12:36   #84
BHPian

Quote:
I have owned the vista, manza and even the indigo TDI. They have been the most reliable I must say. Not Even a single penny spent. For the heck for info I drove indigo for 1.50 lakh km, Manza 1.36 lakh km. And vista petrol for 70000 km. All of them in just three years. Extended warranty was so cheap. No issues at all. Didn't use extended warranty. Was worth every penny. Can't say they are chalta hai wali cars. I used to feel safest in these heavy cars. Only reason I didn't buy another Tata vehicle because there were no new product when I was in market to buy a new vehicle
shravan2k2 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 12:55   #85
BHPian

Quote:
I'm seeing people often talk about the dynamics and overall looks of this car, which in Tata's case is no where close to other foreign manufacturers cars available in Indian market in that segment.

Therefore the question I ask, how reliable is Tata car on road? How often will it leave you stranding on the road? One of their so called best product (Zest), have been spotted with hood open at several occasions when I travel on NH's.
Our zest revotron has already done 18000 kms in 8 months and I travel on NH8 on regular basis. Haven't seen even a single zest or bolt stranded on Highway.

There is not even a single post on team bhp showing the same.

As far as I know all the owners of zest on teambhp are satisfied with the product.

It's a humble request, in future please substantiate with legitimate proof before posting such sweeping statements.
fuelinmyveins is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 13:11   #86
BHPian

Now , we can think of someone doing a 'dekho' or Drama staged on road ...Stop a Zest on roadside , pop up the hood , stare at the engine bay with one hand on your chin :-) .

Proof done ! No offence to anyone in this forum.
Amazing is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 13:17   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Though I have never owned TATA car and may never own it, I felt obliged to respond to this statement. I travel a lot on NHs and I haven't seen a single incident where a Zest was spotted with a breakdown! So, request you to provide some data before you make such a sweeping statements.
kavensri is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 13:18   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will certainly click some pics and post for you and benefit of forum members next time.
And your reply:

Quote:
Now , we can think of someone doing a 'dekho' or Drama staged on road ...Stop a Zest on roadside , pop up the hood , stare at the engine bay with one hand on your chin :-) .

Proof done ! No offence to anyone in this forum.
Quote:
You have been lucky my friend
Not really. Manza and Zest/Bolt are known to be reliable. There were issues with the Manza, but those were mostly interiors/fit and finish issues. While there is no company without a defective car, Tata had more than some in the past with the original Indica/go.

I have never seen a Zest or Bolt standing/stranded anywhere with the hood up.

Finally, let us get back to the point of this thread, which is the Zica, and not whether or not Tata cars are reliable in general or not. There are plenty of other threads that have several wasted pages with this anyway.
VeluM is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 13:20   #89
BHPian

Quote:

I would request you to spend some more time on this forum before putting up such comments.

Please looks at following specific sections.

1.) Official new car reviews (for TATA and non TATA cars)
2.) Long term ownership reviews of newer TATA cars including Manza, Vista, Zest and Bolt (Which all share the same platform).
3.) So many discussions related to car safety.

Nothing wrong to criticize TATA (or any other company) since they are here to do business and need to be answerable to all questions from potential buyers, and in case of TATA, they still need to work a lot in certain areas like sales/marketing, after sales service experience etc. etc., but it would be batter to criticize objectively for specific areas instead of general statements.

Bit off-track but even in case of certain foreign manufacturers, cars sold in India do not have same features / quality compare to other markets and We do have many discussion around that also in Team BHP.

Last edited by Vishal.R : 2nd December 2015 at 13:24.
Vishal.R is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 13:24   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravan2k2 View Post
I have owned the vista, manza and even the indigo TDI. They have been the most reliable I must say. Not Even a single penny spent. For the heck for info I drove indigo for 1.50 lakh km, Manza 1.36 lakh km. And vista petrol for 70000 km. All of them in just three years. Extended warranty was so cheap. No issues at all. Didn't use extended warranty. Was worth every penny. Can't say they are chalta hai wali cars. I used to feel safest in these heavy cars. Only reason I didn't buy another Tata vehicle because there were no new product when I was in market to buy a new vehicle
Nice to hear a good feedback on Tata ownership - it is very encouraging information at the moment when they are rolling out good , well designed and better looking vehicles ! - The positive feedback on ASS should help potential customers to seal the deal.

Regarding your driving - from what you have posted - you drove a total of 3,56,000 km in three years (1095 days) ?? That amounts to an average of driving 325 km per day !!
The Observer is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks