Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2013, 21:17   #16
BHPian

Re: Mahindra launches Special Edition Scorpio

This car was always available if one wanted to buy it since 2010 I believe. They are just promoting it again. Note that it was some 80k+ expensive than the standard Vlx available when I enquired in Diwali 2010. So it will be Vlx + a lack atleast now.

They alloys with this really look cheap and chinese stuff to me. Too much bling.

Best,
Old 10th September 2013, 07:26   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
May be they want to get the sales charts back on fire.
The Scorpio is any way chugging 3K-4K units a month,which is not bad keeping in mind that its been around for almost 10 years! The special edition is an attempt to keep milking it as much as possible
Old 10th September 2013, 12:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
It looks like a knee jerk reaction to slowing sales of the scorpio due to the launch of other more refined soft SUV's like the EcoSport and the Duster+Terano.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
The Scorpio is any way chugging 3K-4K units a month,which is not bad keeping in mind that its been around for almost 10 years! The special edition is an attempt to keep milking it as much as possible
Agree with aajohn. Scorpio outsold Duster last month and is consistently giving good figures. It is just another way of milking the market. Good strategy though
Old 10th September 2013, 12:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
One of the guys on the same street as mine has a Mhawk which used to come with the chequered flag stickers, I noticed that the stickers tend to fade with time, he parks it in the open all the time and that is hastening the process, Mahindra has to pay attention to the stickering that is going on its vehicles, atleast tell the buyers that they have an expiry date
I have a VLX (2008) with the chequred decals, and unless you look closely it looks as if the paint work is all cracked. Had, a definately viterolic comment on the rundown condition of the car from my wife yesterday, thanks to the decals (otherwise the car is in an exceptional condition both inside and out )
Old 9th October 2013, 12:08   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

As part of the special equipment, the Scorpio special edition comes in a unique pearl white shade, dual tone leather seats, leather covered steering wheel and shift knob, an integrated roof-mounted DVD player with a drop-down 9-inch screen., and high-gloss wood trim on the dashboard and centre console.

The Scorpio Special edition also comes with chrome alloy wheels and dual front airbags. This special edition is limited to only 500 units and will be based on the top-end trim.
The Mahindra Scorpio Special edition is priced at Rs 11.88 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Source: ACI

Last edited by volkman10 : 9th October 2013 at 12:10.
Old 3rd May 2014, 14:23   #21
Team-BHP Support

Mahindra seems to have launched the Scorpio Special Edition once again.

The SUV's interior features beige and tan leather interiors, integrated roof-mounted DVD player with a 9-inch screen, leather wrapped steering wheel and gear knob and wood-finish central bezel.

Other equipment includes dual front airbags and chrome-finish alloy wheels.

Only 500 units of the Scorpio Special Edition will be made.

Link to Team-BHP-News Article
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 16:44   #22
BHPian

Is it just me or does anyone else feel the XUV500 W4 entry model is more value for money at that price? Ofcourse sans the entertainment system and leather seats but these are things which you can addon later and for the price difference you easily can for the same end price?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks