Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2013, 12:40   #1
BHPian

BMW India ranks highest in sales satisfaction (luxury segment)

BMW tops the charts when it comes to sales satisfaction in the luxury segment in India according to the J D Power Asia Pacific 2013 India Sales Satisfaction Index (SSI) Study. Wonder why Jaguar, Land Rover brands were left out?

Full Article - http://autocarpro.in/contents/techno...chnologyID=216
vinair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 12:48   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: BMW India ranks highest in sales satisfaction (luxury segment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Wonder why Jaguar, Land Rover brands were left out?
The required sample size for the survey was larger than the number of JLR owners they could find?
SmartCat is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 13:01   #3
BHPian

Jaguar Land Rover consider themselves to be a "super-luxury" brand while the survey was just for brands in the "luxury" segment. Hence they wanted out!
Old 24th September 2013, 13:44   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omtoatom View Post
Jaguar Land Rover consider themselves to be a "super-luxury" brand while the survey was just for brands in the "luxury" segment. Hence they wanted out!
Somewhere I feel this is more high headedness than a strategy. I have no problem with them pitching to be a cut above the rest and thereby creating a competitive advantage. However you can't be a cut above the rest if you cut corners! That is not in sync with their strategy.
For example look at the horrid alloys on the 2.2 diesel Jag XF, seriously JLR how is that even luxury leave alone "super luxury" Even the Nissan Terrano has better 16inch alloys !
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 11:49   #5
BHPian

Re: BMW India ranks highest in sales satisfaction (luxury segment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Somewhere I feel this is more high headedness than a strategy. I have no problem with them pitching to be a cut above the rest and thereby creating a competitive advantage. However you can't be a cut above the rest if you cut corners! That is not in sync with their strategy.
For example look at the horrid alloys on the 2.2 diesel Jag XF, seriously JLR how is that even luxury leave alone "super luxury" Even the Nissan Terrano has better 16inch alloys !
Yup, you make a good point. Although I obviously meant it as a joke, it might just be true in case of JLR. They have demonstrated a tendency to cut corners lately and that is in direct conflict with the core brand philosophy and strategy. As a matter of fact, their website makes no bones about the brand's positioning - "premium luxury" in their own words. And the actions do not seem to justify that.

That being said, BMW however, seems to be taking all the right steps to ensure customer satisfaction. There has never been any doubt about the inherent driveability and driving pleasure of a Bimmer. Now they are decidedly looking to cover other bases as well. Bodes well for all of us, I'd say.
Old 25th September 2013, 13:19   #6
Senior - BHPian

As far as i am concerned they are more or less all equal with respect to the report - they are within each other by a 15 point margin which is fine when it comes to officially being ranked at some point but very close and not enough to make me think that one is worse than the other.
Old 25th September 2013, 19:29   #7
BHPian

I'm surprised Audi's just this far behind. If I remember correctly there has been some negative feedback on Audi's customer service in this very forum itself. The service guys 'borrowing' someone's Q7 comes to mind.
Old 25th September 2013, 20:01   #8
Senior - BHPian

Well, I think the following picture should be self explanatory. You may refer to the links for further info.

BMW India ranks highest in sales satisfaction (luxury segment)-4d002c8edf5643766989f16f964c7c1ex.jpg

http://autos.jdpower.com/content/stu...dy-results.htm

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/jagu...survey/1201910
julupani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 22:02   #9
BHPian

Surprised that Skoda has a much better position than its parent VW. However the story in India is totally different so far. Is it because Skoda's positioning is more VFM kind in UK and other European markets?

Last edited by GullwingGT : 25th September 2013 at 22:04.
Old 25th September 2013, 22:26   #10
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullwingGT View Post
However the story in India is totally different so far. Is it because Skoda's positioning is more VFM kind in UK and other European markets?
No, Skoda is better in the foreign markets than in India. Complaints and problems are treated as the should else the consumer courts will kill the company which is NOT the case for Skoda here in India.

Just attaching the screen shots for the JD Power Consumer Ratings & Awards, India, 2013.

WINNER: Maruti Suzuki & Honda.

BMW India ranks highest in sales satisfaction (luxury segment)-jd.jpg

BMW India ranks highest in sales satisfaction (luxury segment)-jd1.jpg

BMW India ranks highest in sales satisfaction (luxury segment)-jd2.jpg

Source: http://www.jdpower.co.in/en/ratings/.../sortcolumn-1/

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 25th September 2013 at 22:42.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2014, 19:10   #11
Team-BHP Support

Don't know if its same as last Year or New , I saw this on NDTV today

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/bmw-india-...from=home-auto
Old 23rd March 2014, 07:06   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
No, Skoda is better in the foreign markets than in India. Complaints and problems are treated as the should else the consumer courts will kill the company which is NOT the case for Skoda here in India.

Just attaching the screen shots for the JD Power Consumer Ratings & Awards, India

Attachment 1143722

Source: http://www.jdpower.co.in/en/ratings/.../sortcolumn-1/

Anurag.
While a major portion of the test results is on expected lines, I am quite surprised to see Ford at the bottom of the pile rubbing sholders with Tata and Skoda.
Old 23rd March 2014, 08:05   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

These surveys should always be taken with a pinch of salt. A lot of Maruti customers are first time buyers and a lot of them are from the rural India or tier 2 and 3 cities with little to no exposure to other car makers. Otherwise I don't understand how Maruti gets 5 stars in all departments specially dealer facility, delivery timing etc. Most maruti showrooms I have come across are not exactly the epitome of luxury. And delivery timings for all there best selling models used to run into months before the competition became strong and they brought down the delivery times.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks