Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2013, 15:33   #1
Senior - BHPian

The 'My TATA Car' Initiative: Escalate problems of your Tata vehicle

UPDATE:: Just now spoke to my friend and he confirmed that this is open for all Tata Vehicle owners !!
Source: A friend of mine shared this on Facebook. He works for Tata Motors. Drives a Safari.

Tata Motors had launched the My Tata Car initiative in January 2013.
Employees of Tata Motors, driving a Tata car were entitled to quick resolution at the Tata plants in Pune and Jamshedpur. But the response / issues reported were not enough. Hence Tata Motors have come up with an E-Mail Id which helps escalate pending problems of all Tata vehicles. This is now open to all Tata Customers, not just Employees.

So anyone owning a Tata, or any BHPian's relative owning a Tata vehicle, can quickly shoot an email with details of the problem of his/her Tata vehicle to mytatacar@tatamotors.com

Details Below:

The 'My TATA Car' Initiative: Escalate problems of your Tata vehicle-1378041_10151671784751821_840435821_n.jpg

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 25th September 2013 at 15:49. Reason: The initiative is applicable for all Tata Vehicle owners.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 19:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: The 'My TATA Car' Initiative: Escalate problems of your Tata vehicle

But what happens? Nothing trust me, even if they work under goodwill they provide you below par service and replace sub standard parts. When you question the shoddy attitude they make you feel embarrassed that on one hand they are rectifying their poor workmanship FOC for you and you are still complaining if they are replacing them with cheaper and refurbished parts. You got to be grateful not complaining!! This I had first hand on record from their CRM and when I brought it to the notice of a very senior TATA official, he simply wrote back that they have not passed any such policy decisions and if it has happened the local TATA guys did it on their own, with no word of putting in the genuine TATA parts. So I realized that its just a sham. God help you if you start having problems in your ThaTha vehicle.
wanderernomad is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 21:08   #3
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Good Imitative, but seriously would not expect much to happen, they could just have made their customer support itself more responsive if they were serious, this implies that those who are really irate and happen to have the good fortune of have an escalation email / contact with me spoken to / written to by someone with better softskills necessary to handle an escalation. But seriously..is that what is required?
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 21:42   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

A mail id is private - others cant see what I complain about. Hence this approach is not of much use. But something on twitter becomes public... and bad publicity can help the company wake up
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 22:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure what is Tata's intention here, just to increase the confidence of employees in Tata made vehicles or R&D to collect First Hand Information on real world issues.? Lot of times, the issues dealt by the field staff wont reach the R & D or design teams. When CSR logs a complaint, there wont be enough info/data to diagonalize the issue. These initiatives will give the manufacturer an opportunity to collect these missing data.
Some companies insist on sending the replaced item back to R&D when parts are replaced under warranty, mainly to study to see what went wrong with the part.
One of the Auto plant i visited abroad, they have a work shop inside the plant to repair their employees vehicles. Mainly 2 purpose, save time for employees (save a trip to the workshop outside), but mainly to understand real world issues of their vehicles.
teamveevee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 11:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

Researched quite a bit, asked around too and nobody confirmed that Regular customers are part of this program.

The initiative is meant for internal purposes only.

At most I feel, even if regular customers mail them, they'd probably just forward the issue to the customer care.
GrammarNazi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 12:14   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
But what happens? ...... God help you if you start having problems in your ThaTha vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Good Imitative, but seriously would not expect much to happen.......
Tatas' are the market leader in commercial vehicles. They practically give a damn what private owners feel/experience about their vehicles. That's what I feel atleast. People who drive a Tata are mostly Sumo and Indica/Indigo cab guys. I am writing this with no intention of any offence to anyone. Out of 10 Indicas or Sumos, 9 would be cabs. So who actually goes to a Tata workshop ? Cabbies. So the workshop guys give a damn.
There is a product called Safari, which is a premium product. But since most of the sales and service revenue would have been coming from Indicas and Sumos, they don't mind losing a few premium customers.
Re-iterating, I am just saying what I feel / experience. Please, no private Tata owners should feel offended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
I am not sure what is Tata's intention here, just to increase the confidence of employees in Tata made vehicles or R&D to collect First Hand Information on real world issues.?
When I saw the advertisement, one thing that came to my mind was "Why is the camp organised at a Tata Plant ? Shouldn't it be at a dealer / service center level camp ?"

So what I can infer is that Tata might be trying to actually understand and resolve real world issues. I know there won't be much change in the experience of a customer, unless Tata pays to take the vehicle to its plant on its own expense and fix the issue. I don't expect a customer to drive his vehicle to a plant, if Tata asks so.
Will have to wait and watch/read about customer experience after sending an email to the given email id.
May be some of our fellow BHPians owning a Tata car can try this out and give us a report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Researched quite a bit, asked around too and nobody confirmed that Regular customers are part of this program. The initiative is meant for internal purposes only.At most I feel, even if regular customers mail them, they'd probably just forward the issue to the customer care.
Well, it started off as an internal purpose (that's what the print says), but now has been extended to external customers as well. The print doesn't say, but my friend says so.
Here is a screenshot from our Facebook conversation.

The 'My TATA Car' Initiative: Escalate problems of your Tata vehicle-tata.jpg
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 13:57   #8
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Please, no private Tata owners should feel offended.
As a long suffering private owner of an Indica (and another one before that), I don't feel offended at all.

In fact, I'm relieved and grateful that everyone (both owners and non-owners) have realised that Tata generally treats its customers in a very shabby manner They behave like they are doing a big favour to us, just like in any government office. Let alone troubleshooting skills and quality of workmanship (both of which are generally pathetic), the sheer unprofessional (and at times, even uncouth) manner in which they treat customers can give one a rude shock.

Over a decade of behaving in this manner (coupled with the unreliability and poor quality of Tata vehicles) is beginning to reap its just rewards now, and can be seen in the monthly sales charts. This is not going to change by merely putting up electronic real-time boards showing the vehicle's service progress and sending short messages to customers' mobile phones. Neither is it going to change by the new management tomtom-ing that things are improving and by coming up with a revamped customer focus strategy with a catchy name.

As they say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. It's very difficult to change the entire culture of a large organisation or things that have become embedded in their DNA. It not a matter of when, but rather if the new management's strategy will translate into results on the ground at all.

Take this initiative. I can understand how it can actually work for Tata employees who own Tata cars and can benefit them, but how will it work for other customers? Send an e-mail and take the car to a Tata Motors factory? What about customers who are not in or near Pune, Jamshedpur, Sanand and Pantnagar? Their issues will merely be forwarded to the nearest Tata service centre, and the customer already knows (and/or has already experienced) how that is going to turn out!

Last edited by RSR : 26th September 2013 at 14:01.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 14:12   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Tatas' are the market leader in commercial vehicles. They practically give a damn what private owners feel/experience about their vehicles. That's what I feel atleast. People who drive a Tata are mostly Sumo and Indica/Indigo cab guys. I am writing this with no intention of any offence to anyone. Out of 10 Indicas or Sumos, 9 would be cabs. So who actually goes to a Tata workshop ? Cabbies. So the workshop guys give a damn.
There is a product called Safari, which is a premium product. But since most of the sales and service revenue would have been coming from Indicas and Sumos, they don't mind losing a few premium customers.
Re-iterating, I am just saying what I feel / experience. Please, no private Tata owners should feel offended.

When I saw the advertisement, one thing that came to my mind was "Why is the camp organised at a Tata Plant ? Shouldn't it be at a dealer / service center level camp ?"

So what I can infer is that Tata might be trying to actually understand and resolve real world issues. I know there won't be much change in the experience of a customer, unless Tata pays to take the vehicle to its plant on its own expense and fix the issue. I don't expect a customer to drive his vehicle to a plant, if Tata asks so.
Will have to wait and watch/read about customer experience after sending an email to the given email id.
May be some of our fellow BHPians owning a Tata car can try this out and give us a report.

Well, it started off as an internal purpose (that's what the print says), but now has been extended to external customers as well. The print doesn't say, but my friend says so.
Here is a screenshot from our Facebook conversation.

Attachment 1143906
From whatever i have come to know is that this is primarily an initiative for internal customers (and their friends and family), so obviously they will do a camp at their plant. For normal service related complaint they have on their website this id - customercare@tatamotors.com

Also, while it is true that Tata Motors main stream business is Commercial vehicles, but their dealerships are different for Commercial and Passenger vehicles, so it will be unfair to say that they are not at all concerned about what private owners feel.

Also as far Taxi segment is concerned, there are two types of operators. One are individuals who buy and run one or two vehicles as Taxi. They might not bother (to a certain extent) if they dont get proper service treatment. And there are these Fleet operators who own multiple vehicles and are sort of more organized players. I would definitely like to believe that they would not stick to a particular brand if the service treatment is that bad.
Prafful_Rathod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 14:18   #10
BHPian

Welcome guys to another Tata motors Bashing thread.
The topic of the thread was by far something else.
Anyways to each his own.

Some of the comment in above post clearly shows that the person has never been to any of the TASSs recently(last 1-2 years).
Please go through my post in below link
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...review-97.html

post number 1442.

I reiterate that i find TASS and TCRS Worli particularly better than Spectra motors(Malad)(MASS) who never bothered to test drive any of my problems and only were only bothered to not let me go without a bill of Rs 5k/6k range.

Anyways the discussion in this thread is by far OT.

To clarify , my above comments are not because i am offended by any posts here .Just That i sincerely felt to give my 2 cents here as something not so true is being published.

Last edited by madhu33 : 26th September 2013 at 14:26.
madhu33 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2013, 15:22   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post

The initiative is meant for internal purposes only.

Quote:
I think GrammarNazi is right and your friend is wrong, Soumyajit9. Look at the mailer in the opening post again: it is addressed "Dear Colleagues" and clearly mentions that despite there being a facility for colleagues (and their friends/relatives) being able to push their Tata car complaints to the top of the queue using an this dedicated email facility, most of them continue to do so by approaching management who in turn pass it down to Service to handle.

Appears to be very much an internal Tata Motors communication. I wonder how Tata will handle the spate of complaints that will now pour into that email id from non-employees thanks to this thread!

Mod Note: Seeing as this thread is of limited interest to anyone except Tata employees and given the fact that it has already started degenerating into another Tata-service-bashing thread (and we have enough of those) I am closing it now. If OP or anyone else has more information about this scheme actually being open to the public, please report this post and we will reopen the thread.
noopster is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed