Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2013, 17:24   #16
BHPian

Re: BMW India launches complete range of M-Performance accessories for the 1er, 3er &

The Power Kit is for 1,22,839 as told to me by the parts manager, BMW Chandigarh. As discussed before it consists a new ECU and a larger intercooler. Power increases to 147kW from the stock 135kW and the to torque boosts to 420nm. The figures aren't that great in comparison to other remaps but as Akshay suggested that it makes a good amount of change. I have neither driven a remapped nor a 3er with power kit so can't comment.
Old 2nd October 2013, 13:14   #17
BHPian

Re: BMW India launches complete range of M-Performance accessories for the 1er, 3er &

Just spoke to BMW Krishna,

They're offering a buyback of the replaced parts like bumpers, steering assembly, side skirts etc. They say they'll give a fair quote only after seeing the car but said it should be in the region of 10-20% depreciation from original price if its in mint condition.

This makes things way more interesting. Otheriwise Bumpers, spoilers and front splitters are available at half the price at United Customz
Old 2nd October 2013, 13:57   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
Just spoke to BMW Krishna,

They're offering a buyback of the replaced parts like bumpers, steering assembly, side skirts etc. They say they'll give a fair quote only after seeing the car but said it should be in the region of 10-20% depreciation from original price if its in mint condition.
Just 10-20% depreciation seems too good to be true, I hope it is ! Usually they do not offer any buy back and if they do its like 80% depreciation for a mint condition one.

Good going BMW !
Old 2nd October 2013, 14:55   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Just 10-20% depreciation seems too good to be true, I hope it is ! Usually they do not offer any buy back and if they do its like 80% depreciation for a mint condition one.

Good going BMW !
Hahaha this is from the top of the SA's head. Normally in my experience, the SA's have no idea what they're talking about.

Also the buyback seemed to be the dealer's call. He said, I will speak to our MD and confirm what all parts we're willing to buyback as he is the final decision maker. He said we've already bought back a steering assembly to replace with M Sport steering as someone had requested the same to the MD personally.

They're going to come back to me on the exact buyback price for parts of my car. Will update accordingly.
Old 22nd October 2013, 01:54   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
They're going to come back to me on the exact buyback price for parts of my car. Will update accordingly.
Hate to pressure you but any update on that?
Old 22nd October 2013, 11:01   #21
BHPian

Re: BMW India launches complete line of M-Performance accessories for the 1,3 & 5 ser

I just soiled myself seeing the 'M'ed up 3er. And then the 5er. I had to reel in my tongue! Name:  drool.gif
Views: 1643
Size:  522 Bytes

Neither are too aggressive or loud like the AMG/Brabus kits but they fit the car like a glove to a hand. I just wish they offer the stripes for the 5 as well. If this initiative gets a good response, I can't see why other tuning houses wouldn't want to offer their services here.

Bravo BMW! Name:  fing24.gif
Views: 1656
Size:  1.7 KB
Old 24th October 2013, 00:12   #22
BHPian

Re: BMW India launches complete line of M-Performance accessories for the 1,3 & 5 ser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_Torq View Post
I just soiled myself seeing the 'M'ed up 3er. And then the 5er. I had to reel in my tongue! Attachment 1155755

Neither are too aggressive or loud like the AMG/Brabus kits but they fit the car like a glove to a hand. I just wish they offer the stripes for the 5 as well. If this initiative gets a good response, I can't see why other tuning houses wouldn't want to offer their services here.

Bravo BMW! Attachment 1155756
Stripes are available for the 5 as well, inquire with your dealer
Old 5th January 2014, 20:21   #23
BHPian

Saw a Pre-Facelift 525d with the Complete M Performance accessories from the Interiors to Exteriors in Navnit BMW , Bangalore.
Looked Stunning as ever coupled that with a reasonable price tag since it's a Pre-Facelift.
Sorry no pics.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks