Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2017, 09:25   #181
Team-BHP Support

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
If the news has merit, has Tata Motor accepted the failure of the heavy underpinning of the Hexa?
Hexa was a stop gap arrangement to revive the failed Aria. Given the MPV bodystyle roots - it has serious limitations in the image conscious Indian market where SUVs are classified based on looks and not 4WD capabilities.

Like we have seen with the Zest and Bolt, Hexa just has the job of giving them time till the actual generation of Horizon-next SUVs arrive.

And when they do - I hope TATA Motors calls them "Safari".

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 25th August 2017 at 09:26.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2017, 10:16   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Hexa was a stop gap arrangement to revive the failed Aria. Given the MPV bodystyle roots - it has serious limitations in the image conscious Indian market where SUVs are classified based on looks and not 4WD capabilities.

Like we have seen with the Zest and Bolt, Hexa just has the job of giving them time till the actual generation of Horizon-next SUVs arrive.

And when they do - I hope TATA Motors calls them "Safari".
Well, from the information that I have from my friends, Hexa is definitely a long term model and will continue as a flagship product for TATA. It is picking up quite well and I don't see any reason why Hexa should be pulled back.

The new gen models will be placed around the Hexa (slightly below it, mostly) and will attract a different set of users (already explained the rationale in my previous post).

Edit: If TM starts pulling off models so quickly into their launch, it would become comparable to Bajaj Auto.

Last edited by ashis89 : 25th August 2017 at 10:28.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 19:50   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Tata Motors planning 2 SUVs with Land Rover inputs

Fresh spyshots, courtesy my friend Autospy in Pune.

Rumour: Tata Motors planning 2 SUVs with Land Rover inputs-image4.jpg

Rumour: Tata Motors planning 2 SUVs with Land Rover inputs-image2.jpg

Rumour: Tata Motors planning 2 SUVs with Land Rover inputs-image1.jpg

Rumour: Tata Motors planning 2 SUVs with Land Rover inputs-image3.jpg

He also observed that this particular test mule was running on 18-inch Pirellis. Also, he checked out the interiors and noticed a panoramic sunroof, push start/stop button and a Tata steering without any functional buttons. Interiors and seats were the same as the Discovery.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 31st August 2017 at 19:59.
RavenAvi is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 10:20   #184
BHPian

Is there any news that Tata would showcase these two SUVs in the 2018 Auto Expo? Also, do we have any rumors about the time line for the expected launch of the vehicles.
Old 7th September 2017, 11:36   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverabhi View Post
Is there any news that Tata would showcase these two SUVs in the 2018 Auto Expo? Also, do we have any rumors about the time line for the expected launch of the vehicles.
IIRC, Tata Motors wouldn't be participating in Auto Expo '18. These models would be launched ~1 year from today. I believe they are targeting the festive season of 2018.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 11:50   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
IIRC, Tata Motors wouldn't be participating in Auto Expo '18. These models would be launched ~1 year from today. I believe they are targeting the festive season of 2018.
They wont participate in the Geneva Motor Show.
Old 7th September 2017, 11:56   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

I read/heard they won't participate in the Auto Expo as well.
Old 8th September 2017, 09:50   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

The Q50x twin SUVs will be global offerings from Tata Motors and will be launched in 2019, according to Managing Director Guenter Butschek.

Quote:
And as the company plans to drive in the Nexon Mini SUV, Butschek said that the product launch strategy will thereafter be focused on SUVs that would be derived from the JLR platform.

"While one will be a 5-seater, the other will be 7-seater. The products will be global and will have the capability to produce both left-hand and right-hand drive versions to cater to various markets."

Butschek said that the JLR platform will be "upgraded, optimised and indigenised" to meet the requirements of Tata Motors, and added that the company may also look at other form factors in the future (apart from the SUV).
ET Auto
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th September 2017, 11:58   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Q50x twin SUVs will be global offerings from Tata Motors and will be launched in 2019, according to Managing Director Guenter Butschek.

ET Auto
This raises a question now. What launches are planned for next year? Nexon is being launched this September. After Nexon, what is in the pipeline for the year 2018? Earlier Tata Motors announced that they will launch two new products every year. I hope they stick to this plan.

Could it be the premium hatchback and sedan in offering for 2018?

Tata Motors declared that they are not participating in the Geneva Motor Show. They are participating in the Auto Expo 2018 in Delhi. At least as per news, there are 6 car companies that are not participating in this Auto Expo, and Tata Motors is NOT one of them.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/busine...yxXtAorrJ.html

http://www.autocarindia.com/car-news...evealed-405905

Last edited by driverabhi : 8th September 2017 at 12:04. Reason: Adding content regarding the Auto Expo 2018
Old 29th November 2017, 21:04   #190
BHPian

Official confirmation on the mid size SUV to be launched next year from Tata Motors MD -
Quote:
..the Nexon is just the beginning of the SUV story. Because end of next year we are going to launch a mid-size SUV where we will actually make a very unique statement in the Indian SUV market," said Butschek
Source - http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/tec...a-2450227.html
pacman2881 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 15:42   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
Official confirmation on the mid size SUV to be launched next year from Tata Motors MD -

Source - http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/tec...a-2450227.html
The same link informs that

1. A mid-size SUV, sitting between Nexon & Hexa would be launched by the end of 2018 and compete with like of Creta/Captur segment.

2. A high end-SUV, sitting above Hexa and competing Compass like segment would be launched in 2019, hopefully Q50X being referred here. In this case TM would again miss to compete with more powered XUV 500 in early 2018 only. Also, the burden of BS VI would be there in cost terms while customers would enjoy a future proof SUV.

Although late this time, but Tata Motors have understood the mood of the market, and are not at all complacent this time.
kbishwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 22:38   #192
BHPian

With a launch date in 2019, assuming that the SUV will have a sales cycle of 7 to 8 years, they better launch an AT if they want any sales as I predict that by that time, almost 70+ percentage of car sales in India will be AT.

Last edited by GTO : 5th December 2017 at 17:44. Reason: Removing quoted post which has been edited
Old 30th November 2017, 23:24   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
With a launch date in 2019, assuming that the SUV will have a sales cycle of 7 to 8 years, they better launch an AT if they want any sales as I predict that by that time, almost 70+ percentage of car sales in India will be AT.
70 percent is a bit too ambitious and that too in 2 years. 20 percent would be a more realistic estimate
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2017, 23:41   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
@Ravenavi, thanks - I think you had shared this earlier too.

I just hope the smaller one is the size of the Sumo or the Sierra. And not small like the Creta. Do let us know if you get any info on this part
The larger one can compete with the Fortuner.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2017, 00:29   #195
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Ravenavi, thanks - I think you had shared this earlier too.

I just hope the smaller one is the size of the Sumo or the Sierra. And not small like the Creta. Do let us know if you get any info on this part
The larger one can compete with the Fortuner.
From the snaps, logically the smaller one would be about the size of Creta / Compass - That is as big as a 5 seater could get. Yes at max an X3 size but that would be unlikely. The larger one should be similar to the Fortuner / Endeavour - Replace the Safari in size.

The Safari name would be a liability for the price point at which the bigger one would likely come. (Close to or higher than the Hexa)
ACM is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks