Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2015, 23:45   #121
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Tata Motors planning 2 SUVs with Land Rover inputs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNerd View Post
Tata cars are bad in the first place. Now even their names are becoming bad. When will Tata ever learn?
Please send them an email with your valuable opinion . May be they will learn a thing or two and understand how to codename their prototypes better.
sajanjohn is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 10:27   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Please do take the pain to test drive the Zest to start with. Also try Storme & Aria if you have time. I would like to know your feedback on TATA cars after personally "experiencing" it.
As such there is nothing wrong with Tata products. Problem is with their poor quality and fit and finish.Cheap plastics,body panel gaps, improper paint finish etc are typical for Tata products. Then there is the rattling sound from one part or the other, always reminding that it is a Tata. Why can't they just ensure world class quality?
TOINGPOING is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 11:30   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOINGPOING View Post
As such there is nothing wrong with Tata products. Problem is with their poor quality and fit and finish.Cheap plastics,body panel gaps, improper paint finish etc are typical for Tata products. Then there is the rattling sound from one part or the other, always reminding that it is a Tata. Why can't they just ensure world class quality?
With all due respect, rather than plaster this forum with random gibberish why not take the time to read detailed reviews of various cars, Tata and otherwise available on Team bhp.
shortbread is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 11:36   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I sincerely hope that you read swiftnfurious's post and you have driven Zest, Storme and/or Aria before making this statement.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 12:16   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Why can't they just ensure world class quality?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
With all due respect, rather than plaster this forum with random gibberish why not take the time to read detailed reviews of various cars, Tata and otherwise available on Team bhp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
I sincerely hope that you read swiftnfurious's post and you have driven Zest, Storme and/or Aria before making this statement.
@TOINGPOING, agree with shortbread & sourabhzen. It's not always correct to stereotype basis a perception. I've had Tata cars for the last 11 years now. And I've seen that increase in quality from an Indica to a Manza, & now a Storme.

Just look at the Team-BHP review of the Mobilio. Even a brand like Honda can sometimes fail to deliver to expectation.

I'm just simply encouraging to have the spirit of the forum i.e. unbiased opinion & thought process.
rohansachar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 12:39   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
With lot of respect to you too, my friend, I am sorry to see that you find my comment as plastering this forum with random gibberish. I have owned an Indica and Safari before. Now, I have an Nano as my secondary car. My comments are based on my personal experiences with them. There is no need to take it personal. It is my opinion that customers are not getting value for money in Tata products.
TOINGPOING is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 20:37   #127
BHPian

Quote:
I have a Tata Nano as my second car and would like to put in my observation.It has run 35000 kms and put to lot of rough use. So far it has not given any expenses apart from the regular service and wear and tear. Thigh support is amazing. AC is very powerful. Driving is fun. On the negative side, irritating engine sound like auto,awkward fuel filling by opening bonnet,non openable boot and very poor resale value. TASS is ok. Utility wise, it is one of the perfect compact cars.
@Toingpoing quoting the above post of yours from the other thread.
With due respect to your opinion, i still am not able to digest when you say
"customers are not getting value for money in Tata products"
this inspite of the fact that you seem to be happy with the rough use taking capacity of 1 of there cheapest model in the line up.
I mean how much more value can 1 ask for.
Wishing you happy mile crunching on all your cars

Last edited by madhu33 : 27th April 2015 at 20:40.
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 20:48   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
@Toingpoing quoting the above post of yours from the other thread.
With due respect to your opinion, i still am not able to digest when you say
"customers are not getting value for money in Tata products"
this inspite of the fact that you seem to be happy with the rough use taking capacity of 1 of there cheapest model in the line up.
I mean how much more value can 1 ask for.
Wishing you happy mile crunching on all your cars
Yes,I am happy with Nano,as an useful car. But honestly,for the money we pay,we expect better build quality and finish.On road price of Nano is almost 3L. Even though the car is an utility one,are we getting value for three lacs? I always say that there is nothing wrong with Tata products. But only that. we expect quality. Just think for a minute,if the Toyota quality is given to Storme !
Wishing you too,lots of happy miles!
Old 27th April 2015, 21:55   #129
BHPian

Rumour: Tata Motors planning 2 SUVs with Land Rover inputs

Quote:
Yes,I am happy with Nano,as an useful car. But honestly,for the money we pay,we expect better build quality and finish.On road price of Nano is almost 3L. Even though the car is an utility one,are we getting value for three lacs? I always say that there is nothing wrong with Tata products. But only that. we expect quality. Just think for a minute,if the Toyota quality is given to Storme !

Wishing you too,lots of happy miles!

Mate - to answer your question - Toyota quality on Storme actually you are doing a disservice to the Tata brand. Honestly the ARIA feels much better in overall quality with a beauty of an engine, great brakes , superb safety pack, compared to the TFort. If you compare the Storme to the TFort also the VX can easily hold the 'fort' on a lot of aspects. Would you pay if Tata prices the storme or Aria at 20 lakhs for a VX with quality better than the TFort? ( frankly it is already at par).
Boss you say better build quality and finish for 3 lakh. Put a swift to the same abuse and you will see the results ( I am not even bringing the Alto into the picture).
I think the issue is with you making a all encompassing statement about the quality of newer generation of Tatas based on your assessment of an older generation ( Indica). Talking about world class quality please take a TD of the Zest - and compare it to other cars for once.

Last edited by torquecurve : 27th April 2015 at 21:57.
torquecurve is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 22:06   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Mate - to answer your question - Toyota quality on Storme actually you are doing a disservice to the Tata brand.

The problem is not with the cars. It's the Tata brand that has a big problem. I hope that they make significant progress that way. Zest proves that they are on the right path but a lot has to be done.
Old 11th June 2015, 16:09   #131
BHPian

hTata Motors, Fiat to set up an assembly line for SUVs
aditya79india is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 09:57   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Close on the report that Tata's "Q502" SUV will be a future XUV500 rival, comes the news that the "Q501" SUV will be pitted against the Renault Duster and the Hyundai Creta.

It will be powered by a 1.5L diesel engine, either sourced from Fiat or developed in-house by Tata under it's VARICOR series, and will come with an AWD option.

The "Q501" might be launched by Tata sometime in early 2017/early 2018.

Quote:
There will be one more vehicle that will be a capable AWD (all-wheel drive) and will be pitted against the Duster and the Creta.

The Creta competition will be getting a 1.5-litre diesel engine. Now, there is no clarity if the engine will be outsourced from Fiat or will it Tata developed. Fiat has been working on a 1.5-litre multijet for India and this makes it easier for Tata to get it manufactured in Ranjangaon and utilise the Fiat diesel engine.
Motor Octane
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 10:39   #133
BHPian

Quote:

My dear friend, i have had a Vista that has run for over 1.2L kms now and i cannot complain. Rattles are almost non existent when i consider that it has run so much. Previous car was a Swift and i sold it at 60k kms. So i exactly know what i am talking about. If you get time, please do test drive/rent a few Tata cars from the new era with an open mind AND WITHOUT BIAS.
DieselAddikt is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th September 2015, 12:58   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
My dear friend, i have had a Vista that has run for over 1.2L kms now and i cannot complain. Rattles are almost non existent when i consider that it has run so much. Previous car was a Swift and i sold it at 60k kms. So i exactly know what i am talking about. If you get time, please do test drive/rent a few Tata cars from the new era with an open mind AND WITHOUT BIAS.
I second you on that one. Our Manza is nearing 6 years/80,000 kms, and not a single rattle so far. No major repairs other than routine servicing either. Our car sees regular trips on extremely bad condition roads.
anilp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 18:43   #135
Senior - BHPian

Discovery Sport-based Tata Q501 exported to US for testing

Thank you to the Team-BHP fan (he prefers to remain anonymous) who sent this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts!

Tata Motors has been working on a flagship SUV, based on the Land Rover Discover Sport. Codenamed the Q501, this new SUV is expected to be launched in 2018. Tata Motors has now exported a few prototypes of the Q501 to the United States for testing purposes.

Powering the Tata Q501 will be a 2.0-litre MultiJet II diesel engine from Fiat that is expected to develop around 170 BHP. This engine is likely to be offered with both manual and automatic transmission options. The entry-level variants are expected to come with a two-wheel drive setup, while one or two top-end trims will come with an all-wheel drive system.

With the new Q501 SUV, Tata is planning to rival the likes of Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour.

Rumour: Tata Motors planning 2 SUVs with Land Rover inputs-3292849b8739438a96be2eba6ec8fc07.jpg
dZired is offline   (10) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks