Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2013, 14:30   #136
Team-BHP Support

Re: VW Vento GT TSI to launch on 3rd October 2013

The pricing looks quite decent when compared within segment (City AT, Fiesta AT), but pretty steep when compared with the Polo GT TSI (2 lakhs extra for the boot, and a bit more of rear seating space). And it’s a good move that they did not decide on limiting the colour choices to just white, black and red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Looking at the price, doesn't Fiat Linea T-jet makes more sense? With recent launch there are versions to choose from, more powerful engine, classy design & great build quality and ride. They lack auto box i know, but it also costs much lesser with discounts on offer. I am not sure how much Vento TSI will succeed as they are know for non efficient petrol engines. Also it will cost more than 11+ lacs OTR in which their are lots of other options as well.
Both the cars have its own strengths; the Vento TSI is a great option for someone who is looking for a reasonably powerful AT car in this segment. Contrary to what you said, the small TSI engines are known for its fuel efficiency.
Old 10th October 2013, 19:01   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmatic View Post
The Verna diesel AT drives much better than the petrol one and the box seems more responsive, maybe due to the torque of the diesel motor. While Polo TSI is a true hot hatch, the performance in Vento TSI will be lesser due to its added weight, and will probably be marginally better than the earlier combination(1.6L NA + 6 speed). The reliability of DSG is a big question mark. TDs will help us get a better picture.
Please check your kerb weight stats- polo tsi 1140 vento 1180. If you understand 40kg impact on performance you must be a race car driver For laymen like us, there will be no difference in performance unless the engine is detuned in the vento.

Disclaimer : I prebooked the Vento tsi
Old 10th October 2013, 19:34   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post

Rohan, I have no idea but a few posts earlier djay99 did say 9.99 ex-showroom translates to 12.5l on road Bangalore.
9.99 is Delhi ex showroom. Bangalore ex showroom might be more (That was the case for NA petrol earlier if I remember correctly ) which means extra road tax :( unless VW decide to keep same ex showroom price everywhere.
Old 10th October 2013, 20:00   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post

9.99 is Delhi ex showroom. Bangalore ex showroom might be more (That was the case for NA petrol earlier if I remember correctly ) which means extra road tax :( unless VW decide to keep same ex showroom price everywhere.
Bangalore on road price is 12.54 lakhs... source sa from palace cross. Phenomenal pricing!

Now I am confused 2.5 lakhs for boot and leg space worth?
Old 10th October 2013, 21:11   #140
BHPian

Re: VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs

This was bound to happen and so it has. I see this to be the way forward for not just VW but others too. Pricing is decent, considering the first mover advantage it has. I drive the diesel and might have really picked this over the TDI had I been in the market. The boot and the rear space make a lot of difference if you are a 2+ family.
Old 10th October 2013, 21:16   #141
Senior - BHPian

Question - if the polo with a 1.2 is close to the DSGs breaking point of 120horses, wont the vento 1.4 be even closer to the breaking point of the DSG?
Old 10th October 2013, 21:19   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyasachetan View Post
Bangalore on road price is 12.54 lakhs... source sa from palace cross. Phenomenal pricing!

12.5 on Road is really good price. So maybe VW is keeping same ex showroom all over India.

As for the worth of extra 2.5L for boot and leg space, well it depends on how you look at it. I think it is worth it. There is lot more protection in the sedan for rear passengers from any rear collisions (compared to the hatch). Those 2.5L might just prove their worth at some unfortunate moment, should that come!
Old 10th October 2013, 21:19   #143
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
Question - if the polo with a 1.2 is close to the DSGs breaking point of 120horses, wont the vento 1.4 be even closer to the breaking point of the DSG?
There's no breaking point and the Vento is also a 1.2 same as the Polo, not the 1.4.

The DSG DQ200 can safely handle 250Nm torque not 120BHP.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 21:20   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
There's no breaking point and the Vento is also a 1.2 same as the Polo, not the 1.4.

The DSG DQ200 can safely handle 250Nm torque not 120BHP.

Thanks for the correction. For some reason I had 120Bhp in my head!
Old 10th October 2013, 21:21   #145
BHPian

Overall a tempting package with sensible pricing tag. VW may find some enthusiast drivers to book it. But I wonder, how long VW can survive in Indian market with such launches? As everyone aware VW India is surviving in India with decent export numbers. I wish VW bring some capable products to India and stay up to our expectations.
Old 10th October 2013, 21:29   #146
BHPian

They could've plonked in a cruise control and rear discs as well and it would have made a pretty good package.
Old 10th October 2013, 21:30   #147
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyasachetan View Post

12.54 is the on road but what is ex-showroom in Bangalore? I'm asking because an ex showroom of 9.99 vs ex-showroom more than 9.99 results in 40K difference in on road price.

Earlier the diesel Vento had the same problem. It was priced at 9.99 Ex-showroom Delhi for Diesel Highline. Bangalore Ex-showroom was 10.13 resulting in higher road tax by 4% thanks to 14K extra.

VW Palace cross realised this was becoming a problem and dropped the ex-showroom to 9.99 and absorbed the 14K (obviously they make it up in handling and registration charges). This resulted in VW Palace cross having on road price lower than other Bangalore dealers by 40K. Huge difference. Everyone I knew has gone to VW Palace cross to buy Vento Highline because of this difference.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 22:29   #148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
You are wrong... See beyond specs posted on websites. That is what I meant by do your research. The 1.2TSI we get and is globally sold on the Polo is the VW EA111 CBZx motor. This is an old motor which is manufactured in the Skoda plant.

The EA211 is the motor in the golf and is a new engine specifically designed for the MQB platform cars. The EA211 engines are a completely new four-cylinder turbocharged and direct-injection TSI engines.
While you're right about the EA211 and EA111 engines, you have made a mistake about the applications.

The links given by Rahulsharma are for the Skoda Yeti, Seat Ibiza and the VW Beetle. None of these are based on MQB and hence cannot be using the EA211 engine.

The only mistake that Rahulsharma made was with the VW Golf MK7 link, which is indeed the EA211 engine since the Golf MK7 is now an MQB platform.

Just thought I would clear the air so other's don't get confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulsharma2008 View Post
Internationally, the Yeti, Golf, Beetle and Seat Ibiza are sold with variants that have the 1.2TSI and DSG combo and all of them have reported decent performance inspite of the fact that some of these are bigger and heavier than the Vento.

Some reviews:
http://www.whatcar.com/car-reviews/s.../summary/65070

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...ti-1.2-tsi-dsg

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/...t-drive-review

http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/72...tsi-dsg-review

I hope that helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Nope.. thats the euro rapid-equivalent from VW. Based on MQB. Our rapid is based on Polo.
No. That is now based on the Euro Rapid. It is based on the Polo, Vento itself.

It's called the Santana based on longer wheelbase of the Vento/Rapid.

Source: http://www.worldcarfans.com/11210304...tana-announced

Last edited by Vid6639 : 10th October 2013 at 22:36.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 22:30   #149
Senior - BHPian

Ah! Once again no manual transmission :(

Once the pent up demand is satisfied and sales cool off...we can probably expect one?
Mpower is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 01:23   #150
BHPian

I went through the brochure and I saw Interior review minor, Front disc brakes, seat belts, High mount brake lights as safety feature. why are these manufactures considering these as additional safety features they are basic for a car. It's not only VW but I am seeing this on many other manufactures brochures. I expected more from VW. It's kind of cheap and I strongly feel that they treat the Indian market bad with these kind of brochure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks