Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2013, 13:37   #196
BHPian

Re: VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Thank you for the information. From a couple of posts above Pune OTR is 11.4 Lakhs and Bangalore is 12.7 Did not know that there is such a big difference.

If you do not mind I had a few questions:
  • Do you know, if for the SBI Loan Part Pre-payment is allowed? Or is it only full prepayment?
  • If I am not mistaken, you had booked the Polo TSI. Have you switched over to the Vento? Any new information on Polo TSI waiting times.
  • Do they have a Vento TSI TD car at Apple Auto

SBI has part pre-payment and full pre-payment at anytime. Their interest rates are a little higher but the flexibility that it gives the individual (provided you have some extra cash laying around) is worth the marginal increase in rates.

Polo TSi I got off the record answer that I'd be lucky if I get the car in Jan/Feb. Almost all the Engine/Trannys are going into the Vento. Yes I did book a Polo but due to my back problem, I switched with a glorious promise of getting the delivery by end of this month. I'm not sure about how much of this is true or if they are trying to make a quick buck.

The Vento Tsi Car has arrived at the dealer (White color) but they haven't taken the wraps off of it yet. It's still not registered and they are tight-lipped and refuse to show it to anyone. Some influential people may be able to get a peek at it.
stumpz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 13:51   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpz View Post
Polo TSi I got off the record answer that I'd be lucky if I get the car in Jan/Feb. Almost all the Engine/Trannys are going into the Vento. Yes I did book a Polo but due to my back problem, I switched with a glorious promise of getting the delivery by end of this month. I'm not sure about how much of this is true or if they are trying to make a quick buck.
Thanks. Reducing Polo supplies and focusing on the Vento looks like a strategy to try to force people to switch to the Vento.
Old 16th October 2013, 14:46   #198
BHPian

Slightly

Are there any chances of the Rapid being launched with the 1.2 TSI DSG in the near future ?
Old 16th October 2013, 18:54   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
Slightly

Are there any chances of the Rapid being launched with the 1.2 TSI DSG in the near future ?
Second time this is being asked on this thread. Vento --> Rapid is just a rebadging. Mechanically the cars are identical, with some cosmetic and branding differences only. So why is this an issue?

I can understand if someone were wary of the Skoda brand thanks to the horror stories we have all heard and wanted a "safer" option but the reverse? Am intrigued.
Old 16th October 2013, 19:33   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Second time this is being asked on this thread. Vento --> Rapid is just a rebadging. Mechanically the cars are identical, with some cosmetic and branding differences only. So why is this an issue?

I can understand if someone were wary of the Skoda brand thanks to the horror stories we have all heard and wanted a "safer" option but the reverse? Am intrigued.
How about the cost factor? If I am not mistaken Rapid AT and the Non TSI Vento AT had the same AT Box. The Vento AT OTR in Bangalore was ~12.6 Lakhs while the Rapid AT Elegance Trim OTR is ~11.4 Lakhs. So with that logic if the TSI+DSG is put into the Rapid, it should be 50,000-100,000 cheaper then then Vento TSI (with the new features added to the 2014 Rapid). And you pretty much get all of the features of the Vento.

So if the Vento TSI is VFM, the same thing in the Rapid will be even more of a VFM proposition.

Just my thought.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2013, 20:39   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
How about the cost factor? If I am not mistaken Rapid AT and the Non TSI Vento AT had the same AT Box. The Vento AT OTR in Bangalore was ~12.6 Lakhs while the Rapid AT Elegance Trim OTR is ~11.4 Lakhs. So with that logic if the TSI+DSG is put into the Rapid, it should be 50,000-100,000 cheaper then then Vento TSI (with the new features added to the 2014 Rapid). And you pretty much get all of the features of the Vento.

So if the Vento TSI is VFM, the same thing in the Rapid will be even more of a VFM proposition.

Just my thought.
I was the other one asking about the Rapid TSI. My reason was that the Rapid is a better looking car and the Vento is too boring.
Old 16th October 2013, 21:52   #202
BHPian

Quote:
There is a Vento and a Rapid in my lane and I get to see them side by side almost everyday. Personally I have always liked the Rapid over the plane Jane looks of the Vento.
Furthermore the face lifted version when launched will make it a baby Octavia which will further enhance its case. Add to that the cost benefits. Hence the question.
Old 18th October 2013, 13:30   #203
BHPian

Quote:

I thought VW-Skoda has a golden opportunity by launching Rapid TSI MT. Cater to both ends of spectrum - high tech DSG in Vento and Manual Rapid for purists!
Old 19th October 2013, 11:44   #204
BHPian

Whether it is the Vento or Rapid, I am of the opinion that the 1.2TSi with or without DSG is not really going to cut the mustard. They should have plonked the 1.4TSi to bring it on par with competition from Honda, Hyundai and Fiat at least where the power specs are concerned. Features are another ball game altogether. I really wonder whether the marketing boffins at Volkswagen know what they are doing. I have a Vento petrol for the last 2 years which has given me 31k relatively troublefree and efficient kms but I would have preferred more power.
Old 19th October 2013, 19:57   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza View Post
Whether it is the Vento or Rapid, I am of the opinion that the 1.2TSi with or without DSG is not really going to cut the mustard. They should have plonked the 1.4TSi to bring it on par with competition from Honda, Hyundai and Fiat at least where the power specs are concerned. Features are another ball game altogether. I really wonder whether the marketing boffins at Volkswagen know what they are doing. I have a Vento petrol for the last 2 years which has given me 31k relatively troublefree and efficient kms but I would have preferred more power.
I can only say - drive the Polo tsi in tiptronic mode to experience just how much power a 1.2 can make. The rush from this engine is way higher than all the 1.5 and 1.6 'es in this segment. And I mean usable power , not something lurking in the dark recesses of 5k rpm.
Old 19th October 2013, 20:03   #206
BHPian

TSI is petrol heads cake. It's much better than several other petrol motors in that price bracket. Unfortunately, our market isn't mature enough to appreciate these wonders. I'm not sure if this model of Vento is aimed at very niche segment...
Old 20th October 2013, 22:40   #207

I have been looking for a replacement for our 6 years old trusted i10 for a few months now and when Team-BHP broke the news of the TSI with DSG, I was very keen on considering this option as well. So my wife and I went for a test drive yesterday at Palace Cross, Bangalore.
I was lucky enough to get the first test drive of the TD car as soon as it came back to the showroom after the pooja. A lot has been said about the brilliance of the 1.2 marvel that the TSI and I witnessed it first hand. I was particularly amazed at the abundant power and torque that the seemingly small 1.2 lt engine has throughout the rev range. I found the 'S' mode simply fantastic as the car suddenly transforms itself into a speed demon.
One disappointment (which could actually be a deal-breaker for me) was the FE. After a test drive for about 4-5 kms, I could see the FE in the MID at a very poor 7 kmpl. For a 1.2 lt engine, I expected at least 10 kmpl driving in a slightly heavy traffic. I was also told by the SA there that this is what one can expect with a car this size in city as customers with the Polo TSI are getting around 8-9 kmpl already. I found this to be a little hard to believe as my expectation with this engine in the Polo TSI was at least 10-11. Anyone owning a Polo TSI please let me know the FE figures with the car.
harjeet.khokher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2013, 23:57   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeet.khokher View Post
I have been looking for a replacement for our 6 years old trusted i10 for a few months now and when Team-BHP broke the news of the TSI with DSG, I was very keen on considering this option as well. So my wife and I went for a test drive yesterday at Palace Cross, Bangalore. I was lucky enough to get the first test drive of the TD car as soon as it came back to the showroom after the pooja. A lot has been said about the brilliance of the 1.2 marvel that the TSI and I witnessed it first hand. I was particularly amazed at the abundant power and torque that the seemingly small 1.2 lt engine has throughout the rev range. I found the 'S' mode simply fantastic as the car suddenly transforms itself into a speed demon. One disappointment (which could actually be a deal-breaker for me) was the FE. After a test drive for about 4-5 kms, I could see the FE in the MID at a very poor 7 kmpl. For a 1.2 lt engine, I expected at least 10 kmpl driving in a slightly heavy traffic. I was also told by the SA there that this is what one can expect with a car this size in city as customers with the Polo TSI are getting around 8-9 kmpl already. I found this to be a little hard to believe as my expectation with this engine in the Polo TSI was at least 10-11. Anyone owning a Polo TSI please let me know the FE figures with the car.
Being a TD car, everyone must have been pushing it very hard... Hence the 7 kpl. Find it very hard to believe that the FE is so poor especially since my i10 AT has now started giving 11+ (started with 8.5, averaged at 9-9.5 for 2 years, and now 11+ for the last 6 tankfuls).

But if it's true, my booking will definitely stand cancelled and I'll go with the aam junta favourite - the verna crdi AT .
Old 21st October 2013, 01:25   #209
BHPian

If you are looking at the fuel efficiency of short test drive runs all cars will give similar reading.

30 secs idling at a signal would have dropped it to 6 kmpl.

My rapid tdi does the same for short trips.

I personally am not sure of the tsi economy though!
Old 21st October 2013, 07:54   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeet.khokher View Post
I found the 'S' mode simply fantastic as the car suddenly transforms itself into a speed demon.
One disappointment (which could actually be a deal-breaker for me) was the FE. After a test drive for about 4-5 kms, I could see the FE in the MID at a very poor 7 kmpl. For a 1.2 lt engine, I expected at least 10 kmpl driving in a slightly heavy traffic. I was also told by the SA there that this is what one can expect with a car this size in city as customers with the Polo TSI are getting around 8-9 kmpl already. I found this to be a little hard to believe as my expectation with this engine in the Polo TSI was at least 10-11. Anyone owning a Polo TSI please let me know the FE figures with the car.
My advice is don't go by the Fuel efficiency reading showing in the console. You have used "S" mode, and the drive may be very short. I expect the Fuel efficiency better than the current AT. (When I was searching details about 7 speed DSG, I have read somewhere that the Fuel efficiency is around 1 kmpl better than 6 speed DSG). Since 1.2 TSI with 7 speed DSG is already in market in some other countries, please search in the web and get the details.

Just ignore what SA is saying. If they don't have answer, they will make up stories.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks