Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2013, 13:31   #226
BHPian

Re: VW Vento TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadnaik View Post
Got the delivery for my Shadow Blue Vento TSI last evening. Average Mileage on display yesterday was about 7.2 kmpl, but after driving around a bit, it's risen to 9.0 kmpl today. I'm expecting it to go higher in another day or two. Will be posting pictures as soon as I get a photo-shoot opportunity (hopefully on a weekend trip)...
Congratulations, Ahmad! Do post a few pre-photo shoot snaps, if possible. I have booked a shadow blue TSI as well, but I may have to wait for a couple of weeks.
Old 23rd October 2013, 13:56   #227

Quote:
Got the delivery for my Shadow Blue Vento TSI last evening. Average Mileage on display yesterday was about 7.2 kmpl, but after driving around a bit, it's risen to 9.0 kmpl today. I'm expecting it to go higher in another day or two.
Many congratulations ahmadnaik... Please do share the details on FE once again after a week or so of driving
Old 24th October 2013, 08:52   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Got the delivery for my Shadow Blue Vento TSI last evening.
Congratulations. Seems to be the first one on the boards. Seems Shadow Blue is the color of choice as there are a few dealerships stating that it is the color that is predominantly coming in for the first batch.
Old 24th October 2013, 08:55   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Got the delivery for my Shadow Blue Vento TSI last evening. Average Mileage on display yesterday was about 7.2 kmpl, but after driving around a bit, it's risen to 9.0 kmpl today. I'm expecting it to go higher in another day or two. Will be posting pictures as soon as I get a photo-shoot opportunity (hopefully on a weekend trip).

Brief first impressions - Yes, it almost feels exactly like a Polo GT. The suspension is a tad bit softer than the Polo, but handling is barely affected. After owning a Honda City for 5 years it takes some getting used to. Sports mode is a pure adrenaline rush, and you have to keep reminding yourself it's actually a 1.2L engine. High speed stability lives up to the German name, and hits speeds of about 140 km/h in the 5th gear on Sports mode, revving all the way to 6000 RPM. Turbo sounds wonderful for an intermediate family seda

P.S. - Someone has mentioned it before, but thought a reminder would help - Remember to check Tire Pressure after delivery. Recommended pressure in the front and rear tires were about 32 and 29 for 2 passengers. When I checked it, it was a staggering 42 PSI for the rear and 25 PSI for the front. Thus the ride quality was severely affected after delivery.
Congrats. we all would be following your thread closely. Seems to be the flavour of the month when it comes to mid size sedans
Old 24th October 2013, 18:21   #230
BHPian

The sister concern Skoda launches all new Rapid in India, with 15K lesser pricing, with better features. New Rapid has got projector head lamps, Bluetooth, USB, Steer mount control, Automatic AC and a stiffer suspension. Will VW launch a better Vento !
Old 26th October 2013, 13:16   #231
BHPian

I was fortunate enough to pick up my Vento Tsi today in Shadow blue.

Just did all the formalities and drove it home and temple visit this evening. I will have the day with the car tomorrow, sans the family. Will write more later.

From what I gather, this could be the first one in Blr.
Old 26th October 2013, 13:30   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpz View Post
I was fortunate enough to pick up my Vento Tsi today in Shadow blue.

Just did all the formalities and drove it home and temple visit this evening. I will have the day with the car tomorrow, sans the family. Will write more later.

From what I gather, this could be the first one in Blr.
Congratulations. I guess you moved from the polo to the vento. I am also on the verge of shifting.
One question. Is the feel of the tsi + dsg same as that of the polo? Any noticeable difference?
Old 26th October 2013, 14:34   #233
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, @Stumpz.

I am still waiting for a stupid test drive! 10 days & counting.

Any idea where I could get one? In Bangalore
Old 26th October 2013, 15:09   #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Congrats, @Stumpz. I am still waiting for a stupid test drive! 10 days & counting. Any idea where I could get one? In Bangalore
Try Palace Cross. They have a white coloured TD Vento Tsi
harjeet.khokher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 15:11   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Congrats, @Stumpz.

I am still waiting for a stupid test drive! 10 days & counting.

Any idea where I could get one? In Bangalore
As per a member's comment a couple of pages back a test drive vehicle is available in Volkswagen palace cross. It is not available at the other 2 Volkswagen dealers in Bangalore.
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2013, 14:44   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
As per a member's comment a couple of pages back a test drive vehicle is available in Volkswagen palace cross. It is not available at the other 2 Volkswagen dealers in Bangalore.
I called up all dealers in Delhi this afternoon and no one has a test drive car or even an intention to sell a Vento TSI. The lady on the phone at Bhasin Motors giggled and said... 'Sir gaadi ka hee nahin patta,, kab aayegee' Test drive toh door kee baat hain... (giggling even more).
What on earth is wrong with VW? I am so angry now. Its been 2 weeks since i have been trying to get my hands on one. No dealer seems to want to even offer a test drive even in the future.
Old 27th October 2013, 16:16   #237
Senior - BHPian

Td vehicles are not available because dealers got vento tsi cars in limited numbers. And those cars are already sold out. Now there will be no production of vento tsi till December. Vw will start producing cars from January. Hence dealers are not keeping td cars as there is not a single tsi left to sell.
Old 27th October 2013, 16:16   #238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
I called up all dealers in Delhi this afternoon and no one has a test drive car or even an intention to sell a Vento TSI. The lady on the phone at Bhasin Motors giggled and said... 'Sir gaadi ka hee nahin patta,, kab aayegee' Test drive toh door kee baat hain... (giggling even more).
What on earth is wrong with VW? I am so angry now. Its been 2 weeks since i have been trying to get my hands on one. No dealer seems to want to even offer a test drive even in the future.
Same here in Noida. No car, no test drive, no date. Pretty sloppy launch, I must say. Experiences like this quickly help dispel any thoughts of owning a German brand. Honda should launch the new City fast and clean up the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tushky View Post
Td vehicles are not available because dealers got vento tsi cars in limited numbers. And those cars are already sold out. Now there will be no production of vento tsi till December. Vw will start producing cars from January. Hence dealers are not keeping td cars as there is not a single tsi left to sell.
That may be true - two things about this: dealers in the north haven't got a single car to display or as a test drive car, let alone make deliveries. Second, if VW planned to largely produce cars in 2014 then why launch it late 2013?

Last edited by StarScream : 27th October 2013 at 16:29.
Old 27th October 2013, 19:17   #239
BHPian

Finally the full photo shoot and review

ok so today I finally borrowed a friend's camera and headed out for the photo shoot i promised... but lets start off with my half a week ownership review after driving about 200km so far.

Engine and Gearbox

Engine continues to amaze for a car at this price point... i first thought perhaps i was biased toward it since its my car now, but i drove a Corolla Automatic last night, and i can tell you, that DSG Gearbox and the TSI engine is wayyyyy ahead of the competition so far. it still revs really smoothly, and doesnt feel strained at all. In normal "Drive" mode, the gearbox ensure the engine stays stress free, shifting up at as little as 1500-2000RPM, and shifting without you even noticing (thank you dual clutch!)... I've very often found myself in 7th gear at speeds of 60-70kmph, which is really cool.

Shift it to sports mode or Manual Tip-Tronic, and its like the wolf hiding beneath the sheepskin jumps out! Ive uploaded a video with acceleration times for that, and it just shoots! Revs really strong all the way to the redline, and I hit 145kmph in 4th gear.

Oh, im also getting an average of 9.6-9.8kmpl

Ride and Stability
Been driving around with front tire at 32psi and rear at 30psi, and so far its been really good. I been driving a friend's Polo GT extensively, and there is next to no difference. Like all VWs, it goes into the bigger holes with a very noticeable and often audible 'thud', but it stays stable. Of course, suspension isnt as soft as my old city, but then again, its not meant to be.
High speed stability though is perfect. Car stays perfect at speeds of 160kmph (havent gone faster) and remains steady as a rock. Ive read people say the tires arent good enough, but i havent felt anything lacking so far, maybe it will show up later.
The steering is really light, and driving with one hand alone even at higher speeds isnt an issue. It doesnt wobble/shake at high speeds like my old city, and has a very reassuring feedback to inputs.
Throttle response is perfect for the city, its really light and easy on the foot, and it doesnt accelerate in a rush. Nice and smooth.
Sports mode changes this of course, and when you stomp on it, it responds accordingly

feedback on the brakes has been brilliant, and the ABS works on gravel surfaces too! We were to take a video of braking 100-0kmph but didnt manage to get a free enough road and doing it on public highways is just dangerous and stupid, but rest assured, it has the braking power to stop real quick.

Interiors
Front Seats:
great support, especially in the lumbar region. The hand-rest above the handbrake adds massively to comfort while driving in traffic, and it has a cool compartment inside it too for storage.
there are cubby holes on all four doors, which are big enough to accomodate bottles and other things and really useful.
the glove box is surprisingly huge, and it has a really thoughtful depression on the bottom where your car papers fit in really perfectly.
I personally loved the Media Player/Radio. It comes with Aux, USB, SD Card as well as Bluetooth connectivity. Ive tried all except the SD card and they word perfectly. USB even charges devices when connected. Bluetooth has a memory of 5 devices so you dont have to pair everytime. You just turn on bluetooth and your good to go.
Steering mounted controls for Vol and Track Change as well as Call Recieving. I made and recieved quite a few calls, and the person on the other end couldnt tell i was using a handsfree!

The HUD shows a bunch of highly useful information. it shows you average FE, as well as real time FE. It shows Distance to Empty, Outside temperature, average speed, real time speed, trip and odo meters.
It also has this lovely feature where you can program a particular speed, and once you cross that speed, it starts beeping. Its intended, i believe, to let you be made aware you crossed a speed you promised your mom/wife you wouldnt cross

Rear Seats:
Rear seats have ample of leg space (biggest noticeable difference between this and the Polo GT). The rear ac vents are a blessing, and the drop down arm rest is broad enough for both passengers to use together. Back support is more on the upright position, but not enough to make you uncomfortable. Three seatbelts, and the ability to adjust the front seats back rest tilt using a clever lever make this a really pleasant rear seat to be in.
One thing i dont like though is that the windows dont come all the way down. A few more inches wouldve been great, but VW has a few reinforcements in the door that prevent it from coming down any further.

Exterior
We originally wanted a black, but finally chose a blue as it gave a more "family" look, and that colour grows on you everyday. Finish is top class, and all moving parts (doors, bonnet, boot) feel real solid.
Under the hood is a visual treat for all car lovers, as that engine with the turbo just looks b-e-a-u-tiful.
the boot is pretty big, and I made my brother lie down in there to show you guys.

Conclusion
So far, ive loved it. After driving a manual for the last 5 years, this is pure bliss. The smoothness and refinement has left me deeply satisfied.
Ive taken a bunch of pictures for inspection by the team-bhp family. Do share your experiences.
I hope the pictures do justice.
Enjoy

PS- ok it says i can only upload 30 pics in one post, so will put the rest on the next post... also, having a little difficulty with the video uploading, but will do it asap
Attached Images

ahmadnaik is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 27th October 2013, 19:21   #240
BHPian

Pics Continued

ok so these are the remaining pictures
Attached Images

ahmadnaik is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks