Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2013, 10:07   #121
BHPian

Re: VW Vento GT TSI to launch on 3rd October 2013

Spoke to one of the owners of the VW dealership and the ex-showroom (New Delhi) is Rs.9.99 Lakhs.
Old 10th October 2013, 10:53   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshunlimited View Post
Spoke to one of the owners of the VW dealership and the ex-showroom (New Delhi) is Rs.9.99 Lakhs.
9.99L is a good price IMO. Will cost 12.5L OTR Bangalore.
Old 10th October 2013, 11:20   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harshunlimited View Post
Autocar had mentioned in their article that they were expecting it to be priced under 10 lakh. So i suppose it could very well be true.

How i wish now they would launch a Diesel Vento DSG
Old 10th October 2013, 12:11   #124
Senior - BHPian

VW statement - 9.99 ex-Delhi laks it is!

Volkswagen launches the powerful and efficient New Vento TSI for the Indian market

- New Volkswagen Vento TSI powered by a 1.2-litre, four-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine that produces 105 PS and 175 Nm of torque. High-tech 7-speed DSG automatic gearbox used, for maximum performance and fuel economy

- Start of Sales from October 10, 2013 at select Volkswagen showrooms

Mumbai, 10 October 2013:

Volkswagen, Europe's largest carmaker announces the launch of the powerful and efficient New Vento TSI today. The new Vento TSI gets a powerful, responsive and fuel-efficient 1.2-litre turbocharged petrol engine, which produces 105 PS of power and an impressive 175 Nm of torque. The Vento TSI also gets a high-tech 7-speed DSG automatic gearbox for outstanding acceleration and ease of driving, without compromising on fuel economy.

Volkswagen's critically acclaimed forced-induction TSI engines are compact, powerful, and use less fuel when compared to bigger, normally-aspirated engines. TSI engines also deliver higher torque output at relatively lower engine speeds, which makes these engines responsive as well as fuel-efficient in a wide range of operating conditions.

Meticulously engineered to provide unmatched performance, combined with excellent fuel economy (ARAI-certified 16.93 kmpl), the new Volkswagen Vento TSI is priced at Rs. 9.99 lakh, ex showroom, New Delhi.

Commenting on the launch of the New Vento TSI, Mr. Arvind Saxena, Managing Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars, Volkswagen Group Sales India Pvt. Ltd said "With the new Vento TSI, Volkswagen takes the lead with producing cars that are high-tech, powerful and fuel-efficient. With a turbocharged petrol engine and 7-speed DSG automatic gearbox, the Vento TSI provides excellent performance and fuel economy. With its class-leading build quality and high levels of fit and finish, the Vento TSI will be the car of choice for discerning buyers."

Along with class-leading performance and fuel economy, the new Volkswagen Vento TSI is also equipped with a host of safety features like anti-lock brakes (ABS), an electronic stabilization program (ESP), hill-hold function, dual frontal airbags, 3-point seatbelts at the front and an electronic engine immobilizer with floating code.

It's advanced forced-induction TSI engine, dual-clutch automatic transmission and suite of safety features position the new Vento TSI a clear notch above the competition.

Sales of the New Volkswagen Vento TSI will commence from October 10, 2013.
The car will initially be available in selected cities across India.

The Vehicle Outline:

The New Volkswagen Vento TSI is equipped with 1.2-litre, 4 cylinder TSI engine with a maximum power output of 77 kW (105 PS) @ 5000 rpm and a maximum torque of 175 Nm @ 1500-4100 rpm, with a 7 Speed DSG automatic gearbox.

Exterior

The Exterior is equipped with:

· "Lakeside" 185/60 R15 alloy wheels
· Halogen headlamps with black finish
· Chrome finish on trunk and fog light surrounds

Interior

The interior is equipped with:

· Leatherette seat covering
· Leather wrapped steering wheel
· Leather wrapped gearshift knob and handbrake lever handle
· Chrome interior trim
· 3 grab handles above doors, folding, with coat hooks
· Sunglass holder inside glove box
· Front centre console including 12V outlet
· Trunk illumination

Comfort and Convenience

· 'Climatronic' automatic air conditioning with rear AC vents, dust
and pollen filter
· Two Din RCD 320 music system with USB, Aux-in, SD Card, Bluetooth
and 4 speakers
· Speed-sensitive electronic power steering
· Remote control central locking
· Instrument cluster with multi-function display
· Multi-function steering wheel
· Steering wheel, tilt and telescopic adjustable
· Height adjustable driver's seat
· Rear parking sensors
· Lane change indicator - triple flash
· Speed sensing auto door locks
· Outside rear view mirror, electrically adjustable

Safety and Security

· Electronic Stabilization program (ESP)
· Hill hold function
· ABS (Anti-lock braking system)
· Dual frontal airbags, driver and co-passenger side
· Electronic engine immobilizer with floating code
· 3 point front seat belts
· Pinch guard safety for all 4 power windows
· High mounted third brake light
· Front disc brakes
· Fog light, front & rear

The New Vento TSI will be offered in 6 different colours:
· Shadow Blue
· Candy White
· Pepper Grey
· Terra Beige
· Deep Black
· Reflex Silver

Last edited by StarScream : 10th October 2013 at 12:14. Reason: formatting
StarScream is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 12:26   #125
BHPian

Re: VW statement - 9.99 ex-Delhi laks it is!

@StarScream:
Thanks for the update. Nice to see that there are more color options(compared to Polo TSi).
Any idea about the
- On road price in Bangalore?
- Is extended warranty available for the DSG?

Last edited by shetty_rohan : 10th October 2013 at 12:27.
Old 10th October 2013, 12:47   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
@StarScream:
Thanks for the update. Nice to see that there are more color options(compared to Polo TSi).
Any idea about the
Rohan, I have no idea but a few posts earlier djay99 did say 9.99 ex-showroom translates to 12.5l on road Bangalore. VW do have a promotion going on in October where they are offering deals on extended warranty, service plans etc. but that was announced before this launch and I don't know if it applies to this car (it should but I don't know for sure.) One needs to call a dealer I guess.

Extended warranty with this DSG transmission is critical. If VW beats around the bush it's going to affect sales. It will certainly put a doubt in my head.
StarScream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 13:29   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Pretty good? It's the same box that they have used for ages from the days of the Santro AT - an ancient 4-speed TC unit. Reliable yes but nowhere near the efficiency and refinement of a 7-speed DSG unit. I don't think they will charge as much as the Verna. The City AT is more of a direct competitor. I'm guessing about 12l on road in Delhi. Not to mention, the Verna being a 1.6 liter engine, pays 27% excise. The Vento and City pay 24%.
The Verna diesel AT drives much better than the petrol one and the box seems more responsive, maybe due to the torque of the diesel motor.

While Polo TSI is a true hot hatch, the performance in Vento TSI will be lesser due to its added weight, and will probably be marginally better than the earlier combination(1.6L NA + 6 speed). The reliability of DSG is a big question mark. TDs will help us get a better picture.
Old 10th October 2013, 14:04   #128
BHPian

9.99 lakhs Ex-showroom is indeed a very competitive price for the tech that this car offers. I hope they provide the extended warranty option right from the beginning.
Old 10th October 2013, 14:07   #129
BHPian

Quote:
The Exterior is equipped with:

· "Lakeside" 185/60 R15 alloy wheels
·
StarScream thank you for the details. Lakeside vs Estrada rims is an interesting difference. I do prefer the Estrada rims. The Lakside rims look far too bland. Again, I guess they are targetting a more mature audience.
Old 10th October 2013, 14:12   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Rohan, I have no idea but a few posts earlier djay99 did say 9.99 ex-showroom translates to 12.5l on road Bangalore. VW do have a promotion going on in October where they are offering deals on extended warranty, service plans etc. but that was announced before this launch and I don't know if it applies to this car (it should but I don't know for sure.) One needs to call a dealer I guess.
I had checked with the dealer for Polo TSI. None of the deals like extended warranty, finance deals etc are applicable even for the Polo TSI. So they will not be applicable for the Vento TSI also.

Only things like, lucky draw, gift on test drive are applicable to these cars. I think even the exchange bonus is not applicable.

Note: Volkswagen website has been updated with details about Vento TSI

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 10th October 2013 at 14:14. Reason: additional info
Old 10th October 2013, 14:13   #131
Senior - BHPian

Looking at the price, doesn't Fiat Linea T-jet makes more sense? With recent launch there are versions to choose from, more powerful engine, classy design & great build quality and ride. They lack auto box i know, but it also costs much lesser with discounts on offer. I am not sure how much Vento TSI will succeed as they are know for non efficient petrol engines. Also it will cost more than 11+ lacs OTR in which their are lots of other options as well.
Old 10th October 2013, 14:18   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
@StarScream:
Any idea about the
First off, I think this is great pricing by VW. Most people were expecting the pricing to be closer to 10.75 Lacs - 11.00 Lacs Ex-showroom, given the current highline AT prices.

I hope the price in Chennai is also 9.99 Lac ex-showroom, if it is higher than that, the road tax kicks up to a higher slab in TN (15% instead of 10%). I think this is also the case with many other states.

Also, I think the introduction of the TSI engines in India may not entirely be to satisfy enthusiasts here. It may also be because Volkswagen has started to export the Vento to the Mexican market, which is a huge Petrol AT market and coincidentally decided to also offer this vehicle to the minority of Indian buyers who care for this advanced technology.

http://www.livemint.com/Industry/HeK...to-Mexico.html
Old 10th October 2013, 14:21   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I had checked with the dealer for Polo TSI. None of the deals like extended warranty, finance deals etc are applicable even for the Polo TSI. So they will not be applicable for the Vento TSI also.

Only things like, lucky draw, gift on test drive are applicable to these cars. I think even the exchange bonus is not applicable.

Note: Volkswagen website has been updated with details about Vento TSI
I'm puzzled by VW's attitude. Last I checked, they didn't have ext. warranty available on the Jetta either. What gives? Considering that their internal presentation shows the target customer for the Vento TSI is 35+, sophisticated etc. - how do they hope to get away with this?

Last edited by StarScream : 10th October 2013 at 14:22.
Old 10th October 2013, 14:24   #134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I'm puzzled by VW's attitude. Last I checked, they didn't have ext. warranty available on the Jetta either. What gives? Considering what their internal presentation shows the target customer for the Vento TSI is 35+, sophisticated etc. - how do they hope to get away with this?
Just to clarify. What I meant was that the deal they have on extended warranty (I think it is free 3rd yr warranty) is not applicable to the TSI's.

But as per the last conversation I had, they did not offer extended warranty even if you were ready to pay for it. Some one had mentioned they will offer from October. Not sure if that change has happened.
Old 10th October 2013, 14:29   #135

Re: VW Vento GT TSI Launched at Rs.9.99 lakhs

Can't believe that the Vento TSO brochure on Volkswagen India's official website mentions DSG as 'dual shift gearbox':

http://www.volkswagenlive.in/volkswa..._ebrochure.pdf

shocking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks