Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2013, 13:03   #31
BHPian

re: Wagon R 7-Seater revealed; India launch in June 2019 (page 5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitayu View Post
Firstly, i cannot believe this will be sub 4 meter. Sub 4 meter simply does not have space to seat three rows, no matter how less the leg space is.

Secondly, no way can the 3 pot K series 1000cc engine tug this 7 seater, as it struggles with even 4 people and the AC on over bridges (have experienced it in Delhi). Thus, they probably will plonk the 4 cylinder 1200cc engine, which pushes prices further north.
Regarding both your observations, this IS possible though not desirable. Remember, Maruti had experimented with both of these points when it had the 8-seater Maruti Omni Van. It was surely a sub-4 mtr vehicle with possible half of the power in the K series 1 litre engine. And yet, it sold in decent numbers for its intended target customer.

I still see many of these 8-seater Maruti Omni Vans being used to transport around 15 schoolchildren loaded with schoolbags without any fuss.
Old 3rd October 2013, 04:46   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Firstly, i cannot believe this will be sub 4 meter. Sub 4 meter simply does not have space to seat three rows, no matter how less the leg space is.

Secondly, no way can the 3 pot K series 1000cc engine tug this 7 seater, as it struggles with even 4 people and the AC on over bridges (have experienced it in Delhi). Thus, they probably will plonk the 4 cylinder 1200cc engine, which pushes prices further north.

Simply do not see what advantage it would give over the Eeco they already have in the market.
I firmly think this will be under 4m, it looks similar to eeco in length, they can plonk the eeco petrol engine, and not the K series to keep costs down.

Major advantage over versa is better front and middle row seats.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 10:37   #33
BHPian

Omni/Versa/EEco could release space up front by seating the driver on top of the engine bay. In this model, the engine bay is clearly separated from the passenger cabin. In that case, how can this be below 4 mtrs?
Old 3rd October 2013, 10:53   #34
BANNED

Quote:
Omni/Versa/EEco could release space up front by seating the driver on top of the engine bay. In this model, the engine bay is clearly separated from the passenger cabin. In that case, how can this be below 4 mtrs?
WR is of 3595mm in length. So the designers have 400mm of length to play with WagonR 7-seater. (Eeco is 3675mm in length).

But yes, I think it is better for Maruti to have 2 jump seats at the rear of WR for children, use the lively G12 engine from Eeco and make it an MUV. 3 front-facing rows will be like asking too much from it!

Last edited by romeomidhun : 3rd October 2013 at 10:57.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2013, 11:19   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Regarding both your observations, this IS possible though not desirable. Remember, Maruti had experimented with both of these points when it had the 8-seater Maruti Omni Van. It was surely a sub-4 mtr vehicle with possible half of the power in the K series 1 litre engine. And yet, it sold in decent numbers for its intended target customer.

I still see many of these 8-seater Maruti Omni Vans being used to transport around 15 schoolchildren loaded with schoolbags without any fuss.
I can understand your point but the geometries of Omni and wagon-R are different and because of this, the Omni being sub-4mtr (3370mm) could accommodate 3 rows but a Wagon-R with 3 rows will raise eyebrows
I've tried to illustrate my point with the picture below

Name:  omniwr.png
Views: 38454
Size:  294.7 KB
Distance between the front door hinges

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 3rd October 2013 at 11:33.
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 11:27   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post
It is time for the insurance companies to wake up.

If such MPV is actually made and sold in India, the safety of people sitting in the last row is always compromised, and may result in fatal accidents in case of rear ending.
- The owner of car is in loss (casualties of family members)
- The other party is in trouble (banging a car which is inherently weak) and faces court cases
- Insurance company is paying additional damages due to human loss / excessive damages
I am not too sure how SIAM / ARAI are not playing any role in deciding the safety requirements for four wheelers in India. Some of the cars like
- MSIL - M800, Zen (Estilo) Wagon R, Alto, A Star, Omni
- Honda – Brio
- Tata – Nano
- Bajaj – Quadra cycle (due for launch)
are compromising human safety on the move and still no statutory body is issuing any guidance / rules.
Amazed?
Amused?
Perplexed?
Frustrated?
I am sure if the system can follow Euro emission norms, it can also follow Euro NCAP for safety.
I strongly feel that cheap MPV should not be planned and launched in India.
I am sorry for this unrelated post. But after reading your post, I really could not stop myself. Want to understand, how is the Wagon R unsafe? Coz I am using it for travelling long distances everyday; sometimes on the highway. Really concerned about my & fellow occupants safety.

Moderators please advise, if I should post it someplace else.
Thank you.
Old 28th October 2013, 13:17   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnavpaitandy View Post
I am sorry for this unrelated post. But after reading your post, I really could not stop myself. Want to understand, how is the Wagon R unsafe? Coz I am using it for travelling long distances everyday; sometimes on the highway. Really concerned about my & fellow occupants safety.

Moderators please advise, if I should post it someplace else.
Thank you.

Following are the issues with cars mentions:

- In India most of the cars are tested for frontal collision and no side impact and rear collision tests are carried out.

- All these cars use a very thin sheet metal, and thus the requirement of crumple zone for rear collision increases significantly as thin sheet would crumple more (energy transferred at collion will travel long distace before the sheet absorb's it) and thus distance between rear seat and rear bumper required for protection has to be more.

- If a 3rd row is inserted (pilot Wagon R case discussed here), the pessenger in the last row will be just next to the rear windshield, which means no crumple zone left and thus direct impact in case of rear collision, severly compromising the safety.

Hope that's clear.
i74js is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 16:49   #38
Team-BHP Support

Maruti Suzuki is working on a compact MUV (codenamed YJC) which it plans to launch in 2016. It is being speculated that it will be the WagonR 7 seater that the company is considering.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2014, 17:17   #39
BHPian

Talk about a bloated portfolio. Maruti's marketing strategy may be "a car at every price point", but this is bordering on the ridiculous. TWO MUVs, TWO B2 hatches, and TWO C-segment sedans???
Old 6th January 2015, 08:31   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti to role out prototype codenamed YCA in January 2017 from wholly-owned Gujarat .
Wagon R 7-Seater revealed; India launch in June 2019 (page 5)-untitled27.jpg

The next Gen WagonR will be coming in 2 varaints , the existing 5 seater and the 7 seater to take on Datsun's GO+.

Economic Times

Last edited by Aditya : 7th January 2015 at 10:23.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2015, 18:03   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I can understand your point but the geometries of Omni and wagon-R are different and because of this, the Omni being sub-4mtr (3370mm) could accommodate 3 rows but a Wagon-R with 3 rows will raise eyebrows
I ask why??
WagonR looks similar to Eeco. Dimensions below.

Length (mm) - E3675 - W3539
Width (mm) - E1475 - W1495
Height (mm) - E1800 - W1670

Note : E for Eeco & W for WagonR

WagonR is wider than Eeco which is a plus for a people mover.
You may stretch WagonR to another 460mm and still be under 4 meters.
As far as height is considered, WagonR is still taller than some of the other people movers example Honda Mobilio and Maruti Omni.

Last edited by HammerHead : 7th January 2015 at 18:05.
Old 5th May 2015, 13:21   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Suzuki takes AMT to Indonesia!

Suzuki Karimun Wagon R AGS Automatic to be launched soon. Will Indian WagonR be next?

Quote:
If you think the automatic transmission using torque converter which commonly used on automatic transmission car then you are mistaken, due to Suzuki decides to bring the brand-new transmission named AGS ( Automatic Gear Shift )

http://autonetmagz.net/suzuki-are-go...tomatic/14607/
Old 5th May 2015, 14:28   #43
BHPian

Clearly Suzuki is eyeing the Datsun Go + market with this. With the backing of Maruti this will find more than enough buyers in our market.
Old 5th May 2015, 15:21   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Wagon R 7-seater MPV revealed!.

In a surprise move, that has also surprised our Indonesian representatives, Suzuki has revealed a new concept based on the Wagon R. The Suzuki Karimun Wagon R 3 Rows Concept is an MPV that Suzuki decided to show unexpectedly a couple of days ago at the 2013 Indonesia International Motor Show (IIMS).
Just when i had a felt i couldn't quite see any point in the Datsun Go+ last row, now Maruti of all companies is going to do this?

Clearly that last row has no utility. In what way is this a proper 7 seater?

They might as well call it as a stretch Wagon R with a big boot.

Last edited by acidkill : 5th May 2015 at 15:22.
Old 17th May 2015, 14:04   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki is rumored to have begun proto build of its 7 seater project -YJC and will take on Datsun Go+.
The YJC will be positioned below Ertiga in the line-up and would go on sale across India and exported to South East Asian markets.

Not clear yet on which platform the YJC will be based on but most likely be based on the Celerio or could use Suzuki JDM Solio.

Suzuki Solio spotted testing on several occasions.
Wagon R 7-Seater revealed; India launch in June 2019 (page 5)-suzukisoliospiedtesting.jpg

Celerio based MPV rendered.
Wagon R 7-Seater revealed; India launch in June 2019 (page 5)-marutisuzukicelerioyjc.jpg

http://gaadiwaadi.com/maruti-suzuki-...-7-seater-mpv/

Last edited by volkman10 : 17th May 2015 at 14:20.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks