Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2013, 18:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda launches the Brio "Exclusive" edition

Honda is launched a limited edition of the Brio, christened "Exclusive" @ Rs.4.92 Lacs, for its SMT variant. This gets the following differentiating features:
1. Sporty Black interior theme (looks much better than Beige Brown combination)
2. New Premium upholstery and matching instrument panel, roof linings
3. Tailgate Spoiler
4. ‘Exclusive’ emblem

... its Accessory Kit includes:
1. Door Visor
2. Exhaust Pipe Finisher
3. Back-Up Sensor
4. Illuminated Side-Step Garnish

... & is available in Taffeta White, Alabaster Silver & Rally Red colours.

Refer Motorbash report on the same:

http://motorbash.com/honda-launches-...rs-4-92-lakhs/
CARDEEP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 18:18   #2
BHPian

Re: Honda launches the Brio "Exclusive" edition

Here's the poster from Honda
Honda launches the Brio "Exclusive" edition-brio.jpg

The black interiors look sporty and equipment list is nice too!
IMO alloys would do much justice to exclusive edition.
skyfire2892 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 19:30   #3
Team-BHP Support

Honda. A vehicle that's doing fairly well. Exclusive edition, already? Why?!

Honda did come up with a mid-cycle face-lift for the City but an exclusive edition seems like a first.

Does this have to do something with a probable AT/diesel or whatever launch?
Old 30th September 2013, 21:01   #4
BHPian

Why can't they get rid of that integrated headrests? If Etios can, why can't Brio? It looks so cheap.
Old 30th September 2013, 21:51   #5
BHPian

All of a sudden Black has become a premium, sporty and what not!
I must say it looks better though
kvish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 22:17   #6
BHPian

i remember that in last gen honda city GXI costed 50000 more then Exi and only difference was black interiors. Honda charged premium for beige interior and now they are charging premium for black interior
Old 30th September 2013, 23:50   #7
BHPian

Well, as they say "black is the new black" !

I'm still yet to understand what the term "sporty" means on mass produced common man cars.

And, what's a door visor?
Old 1st October 2013, 07:35   #8
BHPian

As the sales are heading to south, companies are coming out with these funny variants. In this exclusive edition, except those interior changes, all are available in Honda Brio's standard accessory list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post

And, what's a door visor?
If you are serious, it the plastic/fiber guards fitted on the door along the roof line. It will protect from rainwater passing to the cabin. It will also help to keep glass partially down without water coming in.
Old 1st October 2013, 08:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

Nice! I love it when manufacturers go all black on the inside. The Brio looks so much smarter with the all black interior theme. Wish it had ABS as well.

Wish more car makers join Honda to give a black interior theme at least as an option.
Honda launches the Brio "Exclusive" edition-brio-black-interior.jpg
Pic courtesy: ACI

Edit: Looks like ACI picked up a picture of the AT version abroad.

Last edited by deetjohn : 1st October 2013 at 08:57. Reason: Adding text.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2013, 09:18   #10
Senior - BHPian

This beige addiction has been a fad with the Indians since many years. It's only now people are understanding that beige/cream/light interiors are hard to maintain with the erratic Indian climate and are opting to go black. Black is easy to maintain and looks more smarter - only negative being the cabin feels less spacious.

The Brio definitely looks nice and cozy with the new black interiors and should be made the standard interior color at least for this little Honda.

Last edited by 9thsphinx : 1st October 2013 at 09:19.
Old 1st October 2013, 10:36   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
This beige addiction has been a fad with the Indians since many years. It's only now people are understanding that beige/cream/light interiors are hard to maintain with the erratic Indian climate and are opting to go black. Black is easy to maintain and looks more smarter - only negative being the cabin feels less spacious.

The Brio definitely looks nice and cozy with the new black interiors and should be made the standard interior color at least for this little Honda.
Beige is far more forgiving in daily use than black. My old Getz has beige and my sons shoe marks over the glove box, dashboard etc show up so much lighter. And i´m constantly wiping his shoe marks on the all grey-black interior of my ecosport!!!

Black is way way more cleanup job everyday though i agree that in case of spills, black holds up better at least on the seat fabric.
Old 1st October 2013, 11:57   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Black is way way more cleanup job everyday though i agree that in case of spills, black holds up better at least on the seat fabric.
Very true. I have noticed the same in Mahindra XUV500 as well. As the interior trim between front and middle row seats is in black shade, it prominently shows all shoe marks. Very difficult to keep in original color.

A small doubt, what is the point in giving a black (better fabric) for seats? Normally everyone go for a seat cover and the seat fabric goes behind the cover so does it make much difference?
Old 1st October 2013, 12:09   #13
BHPian

is this the Diwali offer?

was expecting all companies to come up with special editions during the diwali. guess this is Honda's move with the Brio.

Featurewise, barring the rear sensor, only the black interior seems to be a worthy one.

And i am not a fan of door visors at all, dunno why original manufacturers are adding to it the car. Does it not affect the car dynamics??
Old 1st October 2013, 14:01   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Beige is far more forgiving in daily use than black. My old Getz has beige and my sons shoe marks over the glove box, dashboard etc show up so much lighter. And i´m constantly wiping his shoe marks on the all grey-black interior of my ecosport!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
Very true. I have noticed the same in Mahindra XUV500 as well. As the interior trim between front and middle row seats is in black shade, it prominently shows all shoe marks. Very difficult to keep in original color.

A small doubt, what is the point in giving a black (better fabric) for seats? Normally everyone go for a seat cover and the seat fabric goes behind the cover so does it make much difference?
This is OT, but...

Although, I detest beige as a color, I would prefer it than black or any of the dark colours. Dark colours hide dirt off view. With light colours, you see the dirt, so you would wash, clean and disinfect. With dark colours, you never see it, so hardly any cleaning, and live with the dirt around.

I love the "warm neutral grey" of my Ecosport, light color but not beige.
Old 1st October 2013, 14:33   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
If you are serious, it the plastic/fiber guards fitted on the door along the roof line. It will protect from rainwater passing to the cabin. It will also help to keep glass partially down without water coming in.
I guess it also helps cut wind noise if you are driving on the highway with the windows down.

BTW, do all-black interiors heat up more when parked under the sun compared to say, beige or grey ones?

Most Viewed