Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2013, 13:14   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bentley lines up Mulsanne, Continental GT V8 and EXP 9 F

Link to News Section

Yesterday, Bentley launched the Flying Spur ultra luxury 4-door, high performance saloon in India. On the sidelines of the launch, Bentley's Regional Manager for South Africa, India and the Middle East, Mr Chris Buxton, announced that the luxury car maker plans to bring all new, global models to India.

Bentley lines up Mulsanne, Continental GT V8 and EXP 9 F-2014-bentley-mulsanne.jpg

This model blitz will include the likes of the under-development Bentley EXP 9 F crossover, the Mulsanne saloon and the Continental GT V8 S. While the Mulsanne will be launched in India by the end of this year, the Continental GT V8 S is being lined up some time next year.

Bentley lines up Mulsanne, Continental GT V8 and EXP 9 F-2014-bentley-continental-gt-v8-s.jpg

The Bentley EXP 9 F concept crossover, whose production version will make its global debut in the first quarter of 2016, is likely to be launched in India later that year. The SUV is likely to be the best selling Bentley model in India given the country's preference for luxury SUVs over saloons as the former suit Indian conditions better.

The production version of the SUV is likely to be different from the concept in terms of design and will be built based on the inputs that Bentley has received about the concept version. The luxury SUV will be built at Bentley's factory in Crewe, England, and will be shipped to locations across the globe.

Bentley lines up Mulsanne, Continental GT V8 and EXP 9 F-2012-bentley-exp-9-f-concept-1.jpg

Bentley is exploring the option of adding a diesel engine to the luxury crossover line up, given the fact that the platform it is based on also supports the likes of the Audi Q7, the Porsche Cayenne and the Volkswagen Touareg, SUVs that feature both petrol and diesel power.

The next-generation Audi Q7 crossover, due in 2017, and which will feature aluminium construction is said to be a precursor of the Bentley SUV, in terms of the platform used and the diesel engine option. The 4.2 liter V8 turbo diesel engine that the 2014 Audi Q7 will come with is likely to be shoehorned into the Bentley SUV as well.

Bentley lines up Mulsanne, Continental GT V8 and EXP 9 F-2012-bentley-exp-9-f-concept-2.jpg

The petrol engine on the Bentley SUV will be a V12 unit that is likely to output between 575-650 Bhp. The crossover will come in 4, 5 and 7 seat versions, with its price pegged at about US $ 260,000. At that price, the Bentley SUV is significantly more expensive than the top end Range Rover, and is therefore said to create an all-new segment of ultra luxury SUVs.

Source IndianAutosBlog

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 2nd October 2013 at 13:15. Reason: News Link Added
JayPrashanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 18:29   #2
BHPian

Re: Bentley lines up Mulsanne, Continental GT V8 and EXP 9 F

Man! The Worst looking premium SUV out there ....

-Bhargav
Old 2nd October 2013, 19:04   #3
A.K
Senior - BHPian

I am not too sure to what you are refering to by Mulsanne. The Mull is already on sale in India since long. Infact even the 'refreshed' 2013 model is on sale.
Old 2nd October 2013, 20:05   #4
BHPian

Volkswagon is pushing its premium cars to market wanting to capture broader customer segments from polo to Bentleys.

Here are pictures of Mulsanne and GT V8S from Frankfurt Auto Show, 2013.

I am not sure if this variant is available in India already.

-UB
Attached Thumbnails
Bentley lines up Mulsanne, Continental GT V8 and EXP 9 F-dsc08549.jpg  

Bentley lines up Mulsanne, Continental GT V8 and EXP 9 F-dsc08548.jpg  

Old 2nd October 2013, 21:24   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks for the write up. If there is one car that shouts "get out of my way, you minion" it's this Bentley.

I don't want to stereotype but anybody buying this car must hold everybody else in contempt and has decided to show that when driving in his/her car.

It's statement clearly is: I'm a rich git, in your eye, on your bike and get out of my way.

It gives new meaning to the word vulgar.

So now for instance, when your friend shows up for your posh party in highly inappropriate dress/attire, you can say: My dear, don't you just look Bentley!

Jeroen

Last edited by Jeroen : 2nd October 2013 at 21:27.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks