Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2013, 11:42   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Compact SUV Toyota Rush (aka Daihatsu Rush) coming to India

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
Sirji, if I'm not wrong, the link that you have given says both Daihatsu Be-go and Toyota Rush are re-badged version of one-another. More like the Pulse-Micra duo. What makes you say that Rush doesn't make sense while Be-go does?

Coming to the car itself, going by the compact-SUV craze that has caught up with the Indian sedan-buying class of people, this will definitely be a hit irrespective of its design. And, the design is also not that bad to evoke a look.
The link was an attempt to differentiate between the regular 7-seater, over 4-meter Rush shown in videos on this thread with the under 4-meter car in the link, which was easier to identity as the Be-go. And looking at the success of the EcoSport (and Amaze), the smaller car will be a runaway hit as opposed to a more expensive 7-seater.
Old 5th October 2013, 18:40   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by E63 View Post
Nah!
I dont see that happening.
Innova is targeted at a different set of people. People who want space and reliability.
I do understand that the Rush isnt very spacious!
Why not?
This will be used by car rentals especially for people travelling alone and they have a car which is cheaper to buy, run, maintain and lease along with the reliability.

Quote:
And secondly, the looks are NOT standard toyota.
Standard Toyota = Boring
Proof: Altis, Camry, Etios, Innova, Prado, Land Cruiser etc etc
Rush = not boring
I find it to be quite plain. Add to that the Ecosport and the Duster. Maybe even the i20 and the Verna and it will be boring for almost anybody. You not finding the Rush to be boring is your personal opinion.
Old 5th October 2013, 18:43   #33
E63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolbh View Post
Why not?
This will be used by car rentals especially for people travelling alone and they have a car which is cheaper to buy, run, maintain and lease along with the reliability.

I find it to be quite plain. Add to that the Ecosport and the Duster. Maybe even the i20 and the Verna and it will be boring for almost anybody. You not finding the Rush to be boring is your personal opinion.

How many car rental for people traveling alone do we have in this country? 0.00001 % at maximum.
Too niche a segment to target to.

And finding it boring is yours.
Old 5th October 2013, 18:57   #34
BHPian

Quote:
How many car rental for people traveling alone do we have in this country? 0.00001 % at maximum.
Too niche a segment to target to.

And finding it boring is yours.
Don't make up such figures out of thin air!

At least in Mumbai I find a lot of Innovas with just 1-2 people with the driver. Rarely have I seen a fully-packed Innova inside the city. It is people who need an occassional 7 seater as well as an intra-city car who will have this in mind. Currently such customers prefer Ertiga as its much cheaper.
amolbh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2013, 19:02   #35
E63
BANNED

Well, they are not "Rentals"

Or by car rentals, do you mean the Meru cabs Radio Taxi thingy, then they are not self driven.
Please make yourself clear!

Last edited by E63 : 5th October 2013 at 19:05.
Old 5th October 2013, 19:39   #36
BHPian

The Malaysian Toyota website quotes the Toyota Rush Petrol Powered 7 seater Manual Transmission at approx: RM 90,000. At today's conversion rate of RM 1= 19 INR you are looking at almost INR 17 lakhs.

So when Toyota say that the Rush will sit below the Fortuner do they mean right below in the 12-18 Lakh range?

Some impressive features, 7 seats with dual AC with the rear AC on the Roof like in the Tata Safari

Rumour: Compact SUV Toyota Rush (aka Daihatsu Rush) coming to India-toyotarushnew2011interior-features.jpg
(pic source: http://www.picstopin.com/1650/wanros...gle%20Cab*jpg/
Old 5th October 2013, 20:09   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrisharm View Post
The Malaysian Toyota website quotes the Toyota Rush Petrol Powered 7 seater Manual Transmission at approx: RM 90,000. At today's conversion rate of RM 1= 19 INR you are looking at almost INR 17 lakhs.

So when Toyota say that the Rush will sit below the Fortuner do they mean right below in the 12-18 Lakh range?

Some impressive features, 7 seats with dual AC with the rear AC on the Roof like in the Tata Safari
Cars in Malaysia are more expensive. Here the Honda City costs approx RM 80,000. Was not very impressed with the Rush - felt interiors could have been better and personally I don't like the look. Price wise I think it would be perhaps be in the 9-12 Lsegment
Old 5th October 2013, 20:27   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Well, they are not "Rentals"

Or by car rentals, do you mean the Meru cabs Radio Taxi thingy, then they are not self driven.
Please make yourself clear!
Oops! My bad...

No, I don't mean Meru/Tab cabs, neither did I mean self-drives. I meant the cars with a driver which you can hire. Can't seem to recollect what they are called.
Old 6th October 2013, 11:37   #39
BHPian

I don't expect Toyota to launch this SUV in 3 row format, since they already have two vehicles an SUV and an MUV with 3 rows, and both are doing well.

Instead, If they really launch Rush in India, I believe It would have 5 seater sub - 4 meter format to maximize the profit.

Last edited by Vishal.R : 6th October 2013 at 11:39.
Old 6th October 2013, 14:09   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Both the Rush and Avanza has been speculated many times to be launched here. Yet Toyota refuses to confirm either, drawing a blank till 2015. But both are too good to be ignored as they both fall within two of the fastest growing segments.
Don't agree with the point that the Rush will not be VFM and all. The interior quality will be almost same as the Duster, and if people can put their money on the duster(whose saving grace is the ride quality and looks coupled with the tractable engine), then the Rush will definitely find takers in here.
Provided they don't go overboard with the pricing.
Not exxpecting the ride quality of the Duster, but Toyota should launch it with the 1.4 D-4d in the 90bhp tune, if at all they are planning to launch it here within the next year.
Old 6th October 2013, 16:09   #41
Team-BHP Support

Considering the popularity of small SUVs in our market, the Rush probably will be a good fit to compete with the likes of the Ecosport, Duster etc. That said, the current generation is in the market from 2006, and looks quite dated now (which may not be a problem in India, considering that it’s a Toyota).

A spin-off of the first generation Rush is already there in our market with the name Premier Rio.
Old 6th October 2013, 22:45   #42
Senior - BHPian

I happened to see the Avanza in Pune some days ago. It was an un-registered vehicle, brand now. On asking the driver, I was told this was used for benchmarking by some "auto-maker".

One look at the MPV and I was sure this would do superbly well in India and compete well with the Ertiga. The Avanza can fit well now below Innova because as it is the Innova is priced at Rs 12 lakh onwards which leaves a huge gap below. I feel Toyota must bring the Avanza before Rush in India.
Old 7th October 2013, 10:07   #43
Senior - BHPian

Whether it is Avanza or Rush, Toyota will have to re-engineer the product to fit in a small diesel engine. Consider the demand small SUVs have compared to small MUVs, it makes more sense to re-engineer Rush. But where will Toyota position it? Toyota is planning to build an MPV on Etios platform, which is expected to fill the gap between Etios and Innova.
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2013, 10:08   #44
Senior - BHPian

Isnt it the same as (previous gen) RAV4 thats sold in the US?
Its not sub-4m for sure..
Old 7th October 2013, 10:11   #45
BHPian

Toyota Rush will be a run away Success. It looks decent enough though i expect Toyota to restyle it both on the inside and outside. people at toyota tell me that it wll be a premium offering compared to ecosport and also the price bracket would be around 13L-18L. It should be launched in First quarter of 2014. after elections and budget is the primary target, it is expected that there will be a roll back on sub 4meter tax by central government after the new government.

Most Viewed