Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2015, 19:34   #61
@KP
BHPian

Wonder why is Gaadimarket claiming that Rush is being launched in India this year...??

http://www.gaadimarket.com/upcoming-cars/
Old 23rd February 2015, 13:19   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Compact SUV Toyota Rush (aka Daihatsu Rush) coming to India

I sort of feel that the Rush has too many similar character lines with the Rio.

I may just be but just my perspective.

BTW, the 11+ Lacs for this vehicle is steep and price it at the Ecosport/Duster level and it may sell.
arnabchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2015, 14:04   #63
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
I sort of feel that the Rush has too many similar character lines with the Rio.

I may just be but just my perspective.
Your observation is by no means a stupid one!

The Premier Rio is nothing but a rebadged Zotye Nomad, which in turn is nothing but a first generation Daihatsu Terios (J100).

The second generation Daihatsu Terios (J200) is also sold by Daihatsu's owner as the Toyota Rush in some markets.

So the Premier Rio is a like a close relative (identical twin sibling of the parent) of the Toyota Rush being discussed here. It's inevitable that they would have some genes and character traits in common.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daihatsu_Terios

Last edited by RSR : 23rd February 2015 at 14:10.
RSR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 13:15   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota to bring sub Rs 10 lakh SUV in India.

Will not compete in the entry level segment. Will go after the booming CUV segment.

Quote:
Quote:
The immediate focus will be on segments that cater to the "affluent middle-class" buyers through a "fashionable sedan" and a "comp act SUV
In the compact SUV, 'Rush' is being looked at very seriously though work needs to be done to tune the car for Indian conditions and ensure that it has a diesel heart, considering its popularity with the buyers.
Quote:
Japanese car major Toyota plans to drive in a compact SUV and a sub Rs 10-lakh premium sedan in India as it failed to meet customer expectations through the Etios range.
http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...india/47118917
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 18:56   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

While its a commendable move to finally understand that Etios range is not going to help them in sales, it should be safe to assume both the new cars will come with the 1.4L 68 bhp engines.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 1st May 2015 at 18:58.
Old 1st May 2015, 20:35   #66
Senior - BHPian

A report in Indian Autos Blog states thus.
Link: http://indianautosblog.com/2015/05/t...os-rush-177753
Quote:
Speaking to the publication, Naomi Ishii, MD of Toyota Kirloskar Motor, said that the company was looking at targeting the “affluent middle-class” buyer with a “fashionable sedan” and a “compact SUV”.
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Compact SUV Toyota Rush (aka Daihatsu Rush) coming to India-toyotarushtrdsportivoatthe2014indonesiainternationalmotorshowfrontquarter1024x682.jpg  

Rumour: Compact SUV Toyota Rush (aka Daihatsu Rush) coming to India-toyotarushtrdsportivoatthe2014indonesiainternationalmotorshow1024x682.jpg  

Rumour: Compact SUV Toyota Rush (aka Daihatsu Rush) coming to India-3.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 1st May 2015 at 20:41.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 20:37   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Toyota to bring sub Rs 10 lakh SUV in India.
If this goes up against the S-Cross / Across, I doubt they'd price it under 10 lakhs. With the Maruti rumored to start at around 9L, I have serious doubts if they'd undercut Maruti. Even the pseudo crossover, the Etios Cross retails for somewhere around 7.5L+ if I'm not mistaken. That said, if they manage to price it very close to the Etios Cross, they can probably upsell the Rush easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Quote:
Japanese car major Toyota plans to drive in a compact SUV and a sub Rs 10-lakh premium sedan in India as it failed to meet customer expectations through the Etios range.
So, the Indian market finally gets the Vios? Long time coming!

Cheers!
Cartman
Old 1st May 2015, 20:48   #68
BHPian

The "SUV" looks dated. The design seems really boring to me. But this will sell too considering that India is mad about these small "SUVs" and the fact that this comes from none other than Toyota.

Vios looks good. If they do not cut corners and make it less attractive like the Etios, this can very well be a good choice for a small middle class family. This will have a lot of takers. Hope they launch it soon.
Old 1st May 2015, 22:24   #69
BHPian

Yes, this "SUV" looks terribly dated to me too. Almost like a first generation RAV 4. May be they are trying to follow the TATA philosophy of bringing new updated cars in antiquated boring exteriors. .
Old 1st May 2015, 23:11   #70
Senior - BHPian

Toyota and Daihatsu share their products and badge re-engineering is carried out similar to what other OEMs do around the world.

I always wondered why Toyota never brought in Daihatsu into India as an entry level products under Toyota badge in the first place?

It would be very beneficial in commercial terms to bring in Daihatsu vehicles into India.

I would prefer a petrol engine Rush.
Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2015, 23:27   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
The "SUV" looks dated. The design seems really boring to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiboy View Post
Yes, this "SUV" looks terribly dated to me too.
Why are you guys surprised at a dated design? The Toyota Qualis (that was launched in the year 2000) carried a design that was relatively unchanged from the mid 1980s. Toyota did receive flak for dumping an outdated product into our market. When it was launched in India, other markets had already moved on to the next generation. Not taking anything away from the capabilities of the Qualis though, it still is a proper work-horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
I always wondered why Toyota never brought in Daihatsu into India as an entry level products under Toyota badge in the first place?
Nissan had tried that with Datsun. It revived the entire brand name for developing markets like ours. What response has that got? I hardly see any Datsuns on road. I think it is rather wise that Toyota has decided to wait on the side-lines and see how things pan out for Datsun. Sister-branding or cut-price branding is a relatively new concept in our market, especially in the automotive sector. IMO, Toyota does not need another brand to get better commercials. The Toyota brand will sell more cars than the Daihatsu ever will.

Cheers!
Cartman

Last edited by Cartman : 1st May 2015 at 23:29.
Old 1st May 2015, 23:33   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post

Nissan had tried that with Datsun. It revived the entire brand name for developing markets like ours. What response has that got? I hardly see any Datsuns on road. I think it is rather wise that Toyota has decided to wait on the side-lines and see how things pan out for Datsun. Sister-branding or cut-price branding is a relatively new concept in our market, especially in the automotive sector. IMO, Toyota does not need another brand to get better commercials. The Toyota brand will sell more cars than the Daihatsu ever will.

Cheers!
Cartman
I wrote, Daihatsu vehicles under Toyota badge, not Daihatsu badge! Please read my post again.

Toyota Avenza, is actually produced by Daihatsu, but sold under Toyota badge.

Scion Zelas, is sold under Toyota badge in the middle east.

This is what Toyota should have done for India.
Old 2nd May 2015, 00:30   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
I wrote, Daihatsu vehicles under Toyota badge, not Daihatsu badge! Please read my post again.
I'm sorry. Misread your post. I fully agree, Toyota does need a car in the sub 6L bracket to get the volumes in a market like India. And it'd be nice if they did not make the 'built to a cost' factor very evident. The model range is a bit too thin at the moment. They have only 2 cars sub 10L and that needs to change. If they manage to offer a petrol powered Rush at the same price as the SCross petrol, it'd be interesting to see what level of kit either cars will offer.

Cheers!
Cartman
Old 2nd May 2015, 02:03   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
The "SUV" looks dated. The design seems really boring to me. But this will sell too considering that India is mad about these small "SUVs" and the fact that this comes from none other than Toyota.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiboy View Post
Yes, this "SUV" looks terribly dated to me too. Almost like a first generation RAV 4. May be they are trying to follow the TATA philosophy of bringing new updated cars in antiquated boring exteriors. .
Couldn't agree with you gentlemen the anymore, the Rush does look like an outdated design. But then given the current Indian craze with the compact SUV/Crossover segment, this might not be that bad a choice for India. And we can be sure to expect Toyota's bulletproof reliability with this one as well.

The Vios actually does look like a compelling option for the C segment and could pose strong competition to the City's rule. Toyota does need to price it right though!
Old 2nd May 2015, 07:08   #75
BHPian

Not sure from which event IAB took the snaps and whether Rush photos are the latest.
However, the current model sold in Malaysia looks much better

Source: http://www.toyota.com.my/rush/
Rumour: Compact SUV Toyota Rush (aka Daihatsu Rush) coming to India-toyota-rush-malaysia.png

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks