Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2018, 10:47   #106
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Compact SUV Toyota Rush (aka Daihatsu Rush) coming to India

If the price bracket is correct, it is going to be Rush. I have seen the car here in Australia. It is priced in the range of VW Tiguan. So I doubt Toyota will be able to price CH-R in 10-15 lacs price range.
Old 13th February 2018, 11:04   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
If the price bracket is correct, it is going to be Rush. I have seen the car here in Australia. It is priced in the range of VW Tiguan. So I doubt Toyota will be able to price CH-R in 10-15 lacs price range.
True.

Though I would like to see the CHR in India - the price simply puts it out of the question. It is priced between the Altis and the Camry in markets like Thailand, and that would make it just too expensive in our market - where size decides the price segments too.

Rush on the other hands slots in a little above Yaris, and that should help slot in above 15 - 20L in India. Still not very convinced with the MPV looks though - which particularly remind me of the Honda BRV!

Rumour: Compact SUV Toyota Rush (aka Daihatsu Rush) coming to India-allnewrush03.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 13th February 2018 at 11:06.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 13:20   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Though I would like to see the CHR in India - the price simply puts it out of the question. It is priced between the Altis and the Camry in markets like Thailand, and that would make it just too expensive in our market - where size decides the price segments too.

Rush on the other hands slots in a little above Yaris, and that should help slot in above 15 - 20L in India. Still not very convinced with the MPV looks though - which particularly remind me of the Honda BRV!
Yes, the Rush probably is a better bet for Indian market, at least for now; can easily slot in slightly above the BR-V, and fight out against the likes of the Creta.

The C-HR costs around the same as the Corolla here in Singapore, and its funky styling probably won’t be everyone’s cup of tea. And then you’ve the odd-looking cabin rear – seats are good but it feels extremely dark and claustrophobic due to those tiny windows.

Rumour: Compact SUV Toyota Rush (aka Daihatsu Rush) coming to India-chr-rear-resized20170316131544493.jpg
vb-saan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 13:03   #109
BHPian

India bound Toyota Rush scores 5 star on ASEAN NCAP.
ASEAN NCAP has revealed results of crash tests conducted on the new Toyota Rush SUV. This 7 seater SUV has scored 84.03 out of 100 overall. In adult protection, it scored 43.25, in child protection it scored 21.33 while in safety assist technology it scored 19.44.

The variant of Toyota Rush that was crash tested, receives a total of 6 airbags, ABS, EBD, traction control, hill start assist and stability control. The crash test was performed at a speed of 64 kmph.

Rumour: Compact SUV Toyota Rush (aka Daihatsu Rush) coming to India-1526542394664.jpg

Source

Last edited by glikithvinayaka : 17th May 2018 at 13:05.
glikithvinayaka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 14:08   #110
Senior - BHPian

I don't understand why Toyota will bring this to India. Already Yaris is so overpriced and if they price it more, then that is Innova territory. Unlike previous rush, this one is more of a MPV which Innova is any day better

If they price this lower, well then who will take the Yaris? We Indians prefer SUV over a sedan anyday

Last edited by rajshenoy : 17th May 2018 at 14:09.
rajshenoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2018, 19:31   #111
BHPian

Awakening a dead thread. The recently launched Mahindra Marazzo top end model is likely to lure some customers from the base petrol / Diesel version of Toyota Innova Crysta. Hence, does it not make sense for Toyota to bring in the new Toyota Rush to India to compete against the Marazzo. Though both are ladder on frame vehicles, Toyota Rush could be at an advantage due to the Rear wheel drive. Also being a small brother of the Innova coupled with the 'Bullet Proof Reliability' , Toyota Rush could see good consistent number if priced rightly by Toyota unlike the Yaris.

Would like to upgrade to Toyota Rush if it launches here.
DImPo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th November 2018, 17:38   #112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DImPo View Post
Awakening a dead thread. The recently launched Mahindra Marazzo top end model is likely to lure some customers from the base petrol / Diesel version of Toyota Innova Crysta. Hence, does it not make sense for Toyota to bring in the new Toyota Rush to India to compete against the Marazzo. Though both are ladder on frame vehicles, Toyota Rush could be at an advantage due to the Rear wheel drive. Also being a small brother of the Innova coupled with the 'Bullet Proof Reliability' , Toyota Rush could see good consistent number if priced rightly by Toyota unlike the Yaris.

Would like to upgrade to Toyota Rush if it launches here.
+1 to that if Toyota launches this with 6 airbags and other safety kit.
Crysta petrol is the only other petrol MPV which offers full safety kit but is too expensive to buy and run due to very low FE. Rush is more city drive friendly due to the smaller size yet sufficient in size as 7 seater. Please bring it here Toyota
mohan41 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2018, 17:51   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan41 View Post
+1 to that if Toyota launches this with 6 airbags and other safety kit.
Crysta petrol is the only other petrol MPV which offers full safety kit but is too expensive to buy and run due to very low FE. Rush is more city drive friendly due to the smaller size yet sufficient in size as 7 seater. Please bring it here Toyota
Looking at Toyota's "budget" offerings, in the form of the Etios/Etios Liva, I don't have a lot of confidence that Toyota can bring good cars on a budget price-point. They're obsessed with over-pricing cars and offering fewer features at that price-point citing only "reliability" as the selling point. Etios and Etios Liva also have a "reliable" D-4D engine, but no one other than taxi operators, seems to buy them. Flimsy build quality, lack of features such as the cloth cladding under the bonnet, very low-placed AC fan, which fails during heavy monsoon conditions (I saw this in so many cabs in Chennai), bad suspension, and overall cheap feel of the cars is the primary reason. Toyota needs to hire people with the aptitude to deliver high-quality budget cars
Old 9th November 2018, 21:48   #114
Senior - BHPian

This car was reviewed on cars.co.za you can watch it here

The car is just bad, cheap and outdated, it's more of a TUV 300+competitor, once you know what's under the skin. The engine is old and the short gearing means 100kms is at 3600 rpm, poor fuel economy when fuel prices are affecting car sales means that this petrol will not sell. Toyota might have a chance if they launch a diesel automatic.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 13:22   #115
BHPian

Scoop : Toyota Rush spotted without cover

Spotted a few Toyota Rush 2 days back on flat bed. It shares the 1.5L engine as Yaris. Not sure if there is any new launch coming up in India, or it is going to Bhutan.
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Compact SUV Toyota Rush (aka Daihatsu Rush) coming to India-1547452301186.jpg  

gearhead_mait is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 14:52   #116
BHPian

Re: Scoop : Toyota Rush spotted without cover

Most likely it is heading to Bhutan / Bangladesh / Nepal or any other neighbouring country of India which does not have a sea port to directly import cars as CBU.
mayanksabharwal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 15:01   #117
Senior - BHPian

Definitely heading to Bhutan or Nepal. I don't think Toyota even wants to compete in the Ertiga segment and are busy enjoying fat margins on Fortuner and Innova. Its a pity though. They could have launched a petrol only variant with 7 airbags(like in Yaris) to really spice up this segment.

However if the price of Yaris are of any indication, Rush would be dead on arrival too.

Last edited by rajshenoy : 14th January 2019 at 15:03.
rajshenoy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 18:54   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Heading to Bhutan/Nepal.

Few weeks back we had a similar thread on Kia-

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ted-india.html (Scoop! 2019 Kia Sportage facelift spotted in India)

These cars are loaded/unloaded on the trucks near Dankuni. The most common place where you can see these trucks parked overnight, is at Dhaka HP Petrol bunk in Dankuni. The Toyota Hilux and the Hiace can be seen more frequently though.

My house is just 5km from this place and i often notice these trucks. In-fact when a new model arrives, i even get a call from the local source, so i can come and check out the cars from outside!

Last edited by Samba : 14th January 2019 at 19:16.
Samba is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 12:44   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota RUSH to be launched in India in 2020/21.

Quote:
Toyota Rush will use the new TNGA platform, which is stronger. The monocoque chassis will ensure that the car is lightweight. Further, this platform will also be shared by Suzuki for their future SUVs.
The unavailability of the diesel derivative in the global markets delayed its launch in the Indian market. Could now use Suzuki's 1.5L diesel ?

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 23rd April 2019 at 12:46.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 19:34   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Could now use Suzuki's 1.5L diesel ?
I guess they could use that engine after a generous re-tune since the current tune might be a little too low for a car of this size and heft. But since the new 1.5 diesel from MSIL isn't battle-tested yet, would it be a smart move to deploy it right away?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks