Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2014, 11:27   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
New Celerio is a plain vanilla car that cannot attract a buyer from Swift's segment. Then, to attract more buyers to the showroom, a cut priced old Swift ldi satrting with a price of 5L may be a shortcut for Maruti!
Hi @romeomidhun

If all your assumptions are correct, don't you think the old Swift Ldi (Swift Tour as you have christened it) could mean killing the current Swift Ldi/Vdi sales as the older one had much bigger boot, but only marginally smaller legroom, effectively making it a VFM proposition, also considering the price increase of the 2014 Swift that speculated in earlier posts.

I feel this is something else, maybe testing, confirming & authenticating the high mileage claims, with which 2014 Swift will be launched... like ~ 30 kmpl for diesel.

But, I sincerely hope the company doesn't take your comment in post # 237 seriously.
Old 5th January 2014, 09:45   #242
BANNED

Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
If all your assumptions are correct, don't you think the old Swift Ldi (Swift Tour as you have christened it) could mean killing the current Swift Ldi/Vdi sales as the older one had much bigger boot, but only marginally smaller legroom, effectively making it a VFM proposition, also considering the price increase of the 2014 Swift that speculated in earlier posts.
Even if it cannibalize, I don't think Maruti will mind it as long as it is another car from their own stable, and it can garner some more sales from other manufacturers.

Also, consider this: there is news that 2014 Swift will be a more premium model and get more features in V and Z variants. Then there are chances for Maruti to stop the L variant of new Swift as in the case of SX4. The huge vaccum created by this can be effectively filled by this old Swift L variants, I guess. All are assumptions, though
Old 6th January 2014, 12:07   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
....I feel this is something else, maybe testing, confirming & authenticating the high mileage claims, with which 2014 Swift will be launched... like ~ 30 kmpl for diesel...
I hope they don't get carried away too much in pursuit of FE. If they are targeting 30 kmpl for next Swift, then the next iteration will most probably come with plastic / fibre doors, bonnet, boot etc!

Somebody tell them that 24 kmpl is more than enough; but you can NOT keep reducing the weight of the cars and putting thinner windows and bring NVH levels to a lower / worser level.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks