Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2013, 22:03   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockporiom View Post
No the dealers have reduced and in some places stopped purchasing of the top end model of the dzire. When I went to place booking for my dzire the dealer said "Sir, discount ki kya baat karte ho zdi gaadi hi nahi aati hai. " this got me spooked and when I pressed for a reason they finally gave in...
From what I understand, dealers usually don't have the rights to avoid purchasing any particular model. They need to buy what the company ships - color or variant.

Quote:
... When did I say updates are only for diesel they will be for the top end model regardless of diesel or petrol.
You never said that - I misread the report - just re-looked into the article and I see that ZXi is also mentioned.
Old 27th November 2013, 22:16   #62
BHPian

Re: SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
From what I understand, dealers usually don't have the rights to avoid purchasing any particular model. They need to buy what the company ships - color or variant.

You never said that - I misread the report - just re-looked into the article and I see that ZXi is also mentioned.

According to my sources maruti dumps stock in 3 cases:

1) As a penalty- when a dealer gives too much discount which is more than the limit prescribed by maruti a penalty is imposed on the dealer. This is done so that there is a fair dealing between all dealers. The penalty is imposed in the form of half cash and the other half are cars which are hard to sell such as cars in strange colours.

2) when the purchases are too low- if the dealer is maintaining a very low amount of stock maruti dumps stock. They can do this since they have the account detail and password of the dealer.

3) when a model is not working out well- the best example would be the kizashi in this case. If the model is not working out and maruti has loads of stock to deal with, they dump it in the dealers stock yard.

The rule is that the dealer should have enough stock for a month of any particular model and not a specific variant. But now since the new model is round the corner it is possible that the dealers would have directly placed orders for the newer variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The ZDi is already overpriced; so NOT sure how good this move will be considering they can add another 30K easily to the price.

I disagree. The zdi variant can't be called overpriced if you see the amount of features you get at a premium of a lakh.

Just to name the additional features
1) abs with ebd
2) climate control
3) alloy wheels
4) driver and passenger airbags
5) fatter tyres
6) steering mounted audio controls
7) better music system

The alloys alone cost 30k. So you get the remaining things for just 70k. The airbags themselves cost 1.25 lakhs if ordered individually for repair.

Last edited by rockporiom : 27th November 2013 at 22:31.
rockporiom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 23:03   #63
BHPian

Looks from the photographs that the blinkers have been removed from the ORVMS. Isn't that a backward move?
Old 27th November 2013, 23:20   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Well, AFAIK Yamaha Instruments did the sound tuning in the Lexus LFA's engine note and exhaust! I dont think they manufacture Toyota engines! The reason why we buy a Toyota is because of its bullet proof reliability! And i dont think Toyota would risk it by letting Yamaha manufacture it!

And, i dont really think Suzuki can pull it off with it's own oil burner! I mean, it wont be as good as the MJD!
We also saw the 3 cyl oil burner in the Brio being tested nationwide! But, they are yet to launch it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Toyota's engines mfd by Yamaha? can you elaborate? (In India Police=Daku not just Chor, which is an understatement)
Yamaha did help Toyota in fine tuning race engines in the past. The following Youtube video has a LFA personnel mentioning the same:
Old 28th November 2013, 00:04   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Looks from the photographs that the blinkers have been removed from the ORVMS. Isn't that a backward move?
The pic was taken quiet some time back. The car was a test mule so it is possible that it will be added later on to the final production model of the car nothing to worry about. I hope that the mirrors will also be electronically foldable since the amaze also has this feature.

Got some info from one of my sources at maruti stating that there would be a price hike of around 30-40k on the top of the line zxi/zdi variants and around 5-10k on the vdi/vxi variants so that means that some of the features will reach the mid variant. But there seems to be no changes in the ldi/lxi variant and they seem to remain the same. Plus there won't be any discounts offered on these new versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
IMO, I feel the blinkers should be on the front fender rather on the ORVM or the way it is added on the Indica Vista models as the visibility is a bit low when the driver uses the blinkers. The light spread is more towards the front if the blinkers are on the ORVM but on the front fender it gives out indication to any vehicle that is behind and near the rear door.

The foldable feature is a nice feature as it will help in tight situation and when left in parking lots to avoid scratches.

The price hike for the ZDI is not that alarming given the features added in the car. As pointed out in the earlier post the Alloys addition it self is 30K, so the price is justified for a car of such state and hope there is 'Up' to the output of the engine or a limited edition 'RS' featuring the 1.6L MJD. I know I'm expecting too much but still no harm in dreaming!

PS: Has your source given any approximate date of launch? I am waiting for this car as it will replace my 1L kms covered Ritz VDi (My sales manager has asked me to wait for the new one rather than buying the current model)

Anurag.

The actual use of the foldable ORVM will be when cattle is on the road so that they don't break it when they brush past it.

My source says that the launch is very near. In fact even I am holding my booking of dzire zdi which will replace my totalled one. He says to expect the launch somewhere in december or jan 2014. He says that maruti is facing problems from competition since some features such as D.R.L's and push button start are too common in cars of this segment(i20) and are present even in cheaper cars (e.g. pulse, micra, grand i10) so maruti wants to get these updates out ASAP.

Last edited by rockporiom : 28th November 2013 at 00:30.
Old 28th November 2013, 00:20   #66
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
The pic was taken quiet some time back. The car was a test mule so it is possible that it will be added later on to the final production model of the car nothing to worry about. I hope that the mirrors will also be electronically foldable since the amaze also has this feature.
IMO, I feel the blinkers should be on the front fender rather on the ORVM or the way it is added on the Indica Vista models as the visibility is a bit low when the driver uses the blinkers. The light spread is more towards the front if the blinkers are on the ORVM but on the front fender it gives out indication to any vehicle that is behind and near the rear door.

The foldable feature is a nice feature as it will help in tight situation and when left in parking lots to avoid scratches.

Quote:
Got some info from one of my sources at maruti stating that there would be a price hike of around 30-40k on the top of the line zxi/zdi variants and around 5-10k on the vdi/vxi variants so that means that some of the features will reach the mid variant. But there seems to be no changes in the ldi/lxi variant and they seem to remain the same. Plus there won't be any discounts offered on these new versions.
The price hike for the ZDI is not that alarming given the features added in the car. As pointed out in the earlier post the Alloys addition it self is 30K, so the price is justified for a car of such state and hope there is 'Up' to the output of the engine or a limited edition 'RS' featuring the 1.6L MJD. I know I'm expecting too much but still no harm in dreaming!

PS: Has your source given any approximate date of launch? I am waiting for this car as it will replace my 1L kms covered Ritz VDi (My sales manager has asked me to wait for the new one rather than buying the current model)

Anurag.
Old 28th November 2013, 08:19   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I disagree. The zdi variant can't be called overpriced if you see the amount of features you get at a premium of a lakh.
Yes, the ZDi is amazing VFM when compared to the VDi. This is full list of features that the Z has over the V.

1) ABS+Airbags+EBD+BA
2) Brake Assist (If this the booster, and if the L/V doesn't have it, that's just too bad)
3) Seat belt pretensioner
4) Seat belt Height adjust for driver and front passenger
5) Driver seat height adjust
6) 5 Alloys + 185/65 R15 tyres
7) Outside temp. display on MID
8) Audio system with 6 speakers + steering controls
9) Electromagnetic Boot opener
10) Rear wash/ wipe + defogger
11) ACC

Quote:
Quote:
Only our market got blinkers in the ORVM in 2011. UK, where the car was launched in 2010 didn't get them. And I think some pictures are of the Swift Sport and not the facelifted Swift. The Swift Sport doesn't have blinkers in the ORVM. That's reason why its confusing.

Also, the blinker on the ORVM is very visible from the side and rear. I know the latter beggars belief, but it is visible from the rear.
Old 28th November 2013, 08:29   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitartha View Post
Whats the point if they do? Next time some one else will demand airbags on the LDI/LXI. If anyone wants abs+brake assist+airbags, they are always welcome to buy a ZXI/ZDI. No questions asked. They will even get climate control, broader alloy wheels, rear wiper, et al as a bonus thrown in. The whole point in having a V & L variant is to address different customer price points. And if ABS does not come in VDI/VXI (it comes in ertiga VDI , mind you, & even in LDI as standard fitment), we Indians deserve this treatment, because we would rather have the choice to spend the extra dough on a double din touch screen ICE sytem with extra loud subwoofers, than for a small sticker/moniker on our tail gate. Also, how many people have actually bought a WagonR VXI (ABS) when they could buy a swift lxi at almost the same price. So back to where I started from. Whats the point?
Very true! I was made to wait for two months for stingray vxi ABS , I believe that ABS airbags should be made mandatory.
Old 28th November 2013, 08:52   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Only our market got blinkers in the ORVM in 2011. UK, where the car was launched in 2010 didn't get them. And I think some pictures are of the Swift Sport and not the facelifted Swift. The Swift Sport doesn't have blinkers in the ORVM. That's reason why its confusing.

Also, the blinker on the ORVM is very visible from the side and rear. I know the latter beggars belief, but it is visible from the rear.
Indicators are visible only if the ORVM is still there. That's one part that breaks once in a while and if some owner decides not to replace his ORVM since he doesn't use them, his car runs without a blinker on the side which is dangerous to others too.

I've never been a fan of moving the side blinkers to ORVMs. Its nice if you have it there in addition to the fender but keeping it there exclusively is not really a good idea.
Old 28th November 2013, 09:05   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
Indicators are visible only if the ORVM is still there. That's one part that breaks once in a while and if some owner decides not to replace his ORVM since he doesn't use them, his car runs without a blinker on the side which is dangerous to others too.
I think otherwise. I have not seen a new Swift with a broken ORVM cowl. It is very well made unlike the old generation one. The old was more like onion peel.

And the blinker is inset and sits inside the cowl. A normal hit on the ORVM will not break the blinker.
deetjohn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 09:23   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I think otherwise. I have not seen a new Swift with a broken ORVM cowl. It is very well made unlike the old generation one. The old was more like onion peel.

And the blinker is inset and sits inside the cowl. A normal hit on the ORVM will not break the blinker.
Thanks, my experience comes from owning two of those older generation onion peels. Nice to know that the new gen is sturdier.

It is more of a trend these days across manufacturers and I'm not sure if every model with indicator on ORVM comes with sturdy cowls, especially the likes of Tata and Ford. I remember seeing some of the older gen Fiesta SXIs and Indigos with broken mirrors.
Old 28th November 2013, 09:30   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
It is more of a trend these days across manufacturers and I'm not sure if every model with indicator on ORVM comes with sturdy cowls, especially the likes of Tata and Ford. I remember seeing some of the older gen Fiesta SXIs and Indigos with broken mirrors.
From an aesthetic point of view, I still prefer the blinker on the front fender than the ORVM. But just wanted to convey that having them on the ORVM doesn't hamper its function in any way.

One more advantage that I found is at junctions when some guys coming in the opposite direction fail to dip the headlight. The blinker alongside the headlight is hardly visible when the high beam is on. The one in the ORVM helps there.
Old 28th November 2013, 10:38   #73
BHPian

Guys got some more news it seems that the swift (not the dzire) is even going to get new alloys in this update. No change in size though it remains R15. I can't understand why are they changing it. The current one's already look great. Why change something that ain't broken.
Old 28th November 2013, 10:54   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys got some more news it seems that the swift (not the dzire) is even going to get new alloys in this update. No change in size though it remains R15. I can't understand why are they changing it. The current one's already look great. Why change something that ain't broken.
Maruti has this style of adopting similar styling elements in most models. They cant think beyond that. Thinking of this, I think we can expect a gun metal finish on the alloy just like the Stingray has. The same gun metal element will be implemented in the new sx4 also. So no surprises there. Same thing with folding mirrors. SX4 got it, next swift and ertiga and so on. Anyways they share most parts, so its just a matter of som minor tweaks.

Only expect the prices of replacement ORVMs to double of what the current cost is One advantage is that though these mirrors are electronically folding, it can take small shunts and fold the other side. You can set it back easily. In some cars like the corrola etc once shunted, the mirror will lose its electric foldablity and most likely have to be replaced. And you can get mirror covers separately in MSIL. So no major expenses unless you have a major shunt.

Last edited by audioholic : 28th November 2013 at 10:56.
Old 28th November 2013, 11:01   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Maruti has this style of adopting similar styling elements in most models. They cant think beyond that. Thinking of this, I think we can expect a gun metal finish on the alloy just like the Stingray has. The same gun metal element will be implemented in the new sx4 also. So no surprises there. Same thing with folding mirrors. SX4 got it, next swift and ertiga and so on. Anyways they share most parts, so its just a matter of som minor tweaks.

Only expect the prices of replacement ORVMs to double of what the current cost is One advantage is that though these mirrors are electronically folding, it can take small shunts and fold the other side. You can set it back easily. In some cars like the corrola etc once shunted, the mirror will lose its electric foldablity and most likely have to be replaced. And you can get mirror covers separately in MSIL. So no major expenses unless you have a major shunt.
No it seems that the finish remains same and the design as in the number of spokes and all will be changing. I think the current one is just too good to be replaced like that. I would have preferred a change in the dzire though. I just noticed even if you see the pic that is posted in this thread the alloys look different.
the pic from the thread
Name:  20131128110305.png
Views: 1278
Size:  52.7 KB

a pic from the facelifted euro swift note the similarity
Name:  20131128110358.png
Views: 1370
Size:  408.1 KB

the famous khichne waali chaavi
SCOOP Pics! Swift with Suzuki Diesel Engine, Keyless entry / go & cruise control-img_2013112834660.jpg

this video mostly comprises of the updated swift

Last edited by rockporiom : 28th November 2013 at 11:17.
rockporiom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks